**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dear Kabam, I have a question

How do you come up with your next month's new champions? I know that for the MCU Movies, you just do the main people, but in others, how do you know what champions to do and when.
#kabamdabest

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    from what they've said in the Art of the Battlerealm book, it's largely down to the stories they're trying to tell in the event quest and story mode and who they want to appear in that. Although I think some level of fan-clamour may influence things some times.
  • from what they've said in the Art of the Battlerealm book, it's largely down to the stories they're trying to tell in the event quest and story mode and who they want to appear in that. Although I think some level of fan-clamour may influence things some times.

This along with the aid of Marvel is what helps us decide what's coming next to the Contest!
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

from what they've said in the Art of the Battlerealm book, it's largely down to the stories they're trying to tell in the event quest and story mode and who they want to appear in that. Although I think some level of fan-clamour may influence things some times.

This along with the aid of Marvel is what helps us decide what's coming next to the Contest!
    How's that Zadkiel possessed Danny Ketch coming? Ready for October yet?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Not gonna lie, I had to Google that. Lol.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Not gonna lie, I had to Google that. Lol.

Yeah, I keep trying to slip him in.
  • LD_Studios97LD_Studios97 Posts: 165

Thanks. I want sure if you had a whole year planned or what. Is it hard to program the characters?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I didn’t know analogous was a word
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Thanks. I want sure if you had a whole year planned or what. Is it hard to program the characters?
    For further information, check this out: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/KAB5000KABAM/JobBoard/d1db15a4-c513-4950-9596-352bbcadc2d0/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b697ed14-903c-4d9b-ae02-f7971f8b9f16

That's a job opening at Kabam's Vancouver studios for a "champion designer." This is what they want you do have on your resume:
    Bonus if you have raw technical skills including;
    Scripting experience
    Strong math skills
    Spreadsheet wizardry
    Whenever I see "scripting, math, spreadsheet" I'm 95% sure that game uses Excel to design their game entities. Compare to "Senior Front-End Engineer" - https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/KAB5000KABAM/JobBoard/d1db15a4-c513-4950-9596-352bbcadc2d0/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ad7de20f-be0e-472d-990e-4ce5edbf134f

That job is not necessarily for MCOC, but it is basically a game client programmer position. This kind of platform/content separation is basically a given for most games like MCOC.