**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do I go for the 5 Star Vision?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

I just so happen to have enough Units to buy the First Tier of the Vision Offer today.

I've got more than enough T4 Tech Catalysts to Rank 4 him.

Currently him ONLY 5 Star Tech is Iron Patriot... (Side Note, he was my first 5 Star...)
But I don't have a 5 Star Awakening Gem for him if I were to buy him, and since he's not in the Basic Pool there's no telling how long it could take to get a Tech 5 Star Awakening Gem or for the Offer to return and have another 3k Units ready for when it does return...

So, Should I Buy The First Tier Of The Vision Offer?

Do I go for the 5 Star Vision? 106 votes

Yes
60%
ArcDeAngeluswinterthurGamerBadroseA_Noob_Is1JestressCrkwestSpity68belli300payebuduTerraRikuremaTrentos9FingfangfoomfanesStark78AlfaklobberintymeraffsterSpiderCoolsOsfan8Onmix 64 votes
No
39%
JOHNOSA1995Timone147RaganatorRapKossukosekfd2010Hammerbro_64TimrosDaileySpurgeon14Kerneaspkobe2424Diksh619PrathapXxLoganTDCxXTakingAllDownThe_red_EclipseSheer_ColdSDPV1PER1987 42 votes

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    No
    There're better uses for the units. Sorry.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    No
    He is good, but there are better options for damage and power control. The dupe helps him a lot as well, so you would have to buy two or awaken him some other way.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I’m was meant to typo no if u had a tech gym I’m wild hav done it
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Yes
    If you're interested at all in 100%ing Act 5, Vision is very useful for the caltrops nonsense. You'll also need all the 5 stars you can get your hands on for act 6. That said, he's not nearly as useful unduped, but he's still double immune and has nice synergies.
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    No
    If you have an awakening gem id do it, if not its not really worth it.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Yes
    I may go for it as another 5* would be helpful.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    No
    Depends on what you want to do, but I wouldn't.

If you only have one tech 5*, likely means you haven't been playing THAT long (or you have very bad luck which is also possible). If you're still growing your roster and working your way through the content, there are probably better use for units.

You spend those units and you have 300 left, meaning you'll be handcuffed when trying to hit harder content if you get stuck. And that harder content will get you the 5* shards to help grow your roster.

If you're not pushing progression hard and not using units much at all, or if you're desperate for a 4* or 5* double immunities champ, then go for it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Yes
    I had no good 5-star tech champs and 8000-plus units, and I was sitting on a lot of rank up resources awaiting a good tech champ.

So I bet you can guess what I did.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

He is good, but there are better options for damage and power control. The dupe helps him a lot as well, so you would have to buy two or awaken him some other way.

Vision doesn't deal a ton of damage, so there's lots of better options for damage and power control. But there are not many better options for immunity and power control.

The statistical average amount of units to have to spend before getting a 5* champ from Cavalier crystals is about 1400, plus or minus. So a random 5* champ costs approximately that much to get via the most efficient continuously available unit purchase method.

Are there better places to spend units? For some players, yes. If you're a player still working on masteries, that's where you should spend units. If you're still working on becoming Uncollected and you need units for that, that's probably better. But once you start reaching the point in the game where special offers are all that's left to spend units on, and if you are someone that either buys a lot of units or grinds a lot of units, I think this is a very good option to consider. Vision is not the best 5* champ out there, but somehow I doubt we'll be seeing 3000 unit offers for Ghost or Corvus any time soon. In terms of general utility Vision is probably among the top 15% of all champs. If you don't need that utility, obviously this isn't a good purchase: save units for some future offer for things like rank up materials. But if you don't have that utility yet, I think this is where you should spend your units.

As with lots of these offers, it isn't only about how good Vision is, it is really about how much benefit an individual player will get out of him. For many players, I think they would get a huge benefit from him, probably more benefit than he currently costs.
    I'm Uncollected and very happy with my Mastery Setup, so yeah I save my Units now for special offers, there's no telling how long I'll wait till I attempt Act 6 or even 5.3 (though I am getting tempted to do that one), my current 5 star roster is REALLY lacking Tech as stated above, I have a fairly good amount of Immunity Champions but it never hurts to have more, he is a fairly good Counter for Domino considering his lack of extra Abilities, but I agree with @Thanos_Car... Not having an immediate way to Awaken him is kind of the main thing keeping me from hitting Purchase...
    kfd2010 said:

Depends on what you want to do, but I wouldn't.

If you only have one tech 5*, likely means you haven't been playing THAT long (or you have very bad luck which is also possible). If you're still growing your roster and working your way through the content, there are probably better use for units.

You spend those units and you have 300 left, meaning you'll be handcuffed when trying to hit harder content if you get stuck. And that harder content will get you the 5* shards to help grow your roster.

If you're not pushing progression hard and not using units much at all, or if you're desperate for a 4* or 5* double immunities champ, then go for it.

Yeah no I just have terrible Luck with Techs... My only 4 Star Tech was a Non Duped Star Lord for almost 2 years, till they gave us a free 4 Star HTD and the Community Choice Crystal that duped my Star Lord. Even then I didn't get another Tech till almost a month later...

I had no good 5-star tech champs and 8000-plus units, and I was sitting on a lot of rank up resources awaiting a good tech champ.

So I bet you can guess what I did.

You had the ability to dupe your's though, I don't... So would you have still bought it if you could buy one tier of it?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Yes
    I know I won't be able to dupe, but know if I get a 5* Tech Awakening Gem or a Generic one I could use so not concerned about him immediately being duped. The fact that they have allowed this deal which is better than his previous offer and way better than cosmetic infinity stones for profile pics. I'm just thankful!

I know I won't be able to dupe, but know if I get a 5* Tech Awakening Gem or a Generic one I could use so not concerned about him immediately being duped. The fact that they have allowed this deal which is better than his previous offer and way better than cosmetic infinity stones for profile pics. I'm just thankful!

Lol yeah, 7 Pictures that you can only use one of at a time or a Guarrenteed Usable 5 Star Champion...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Not having an immediate way to Awaken him is kind of the main thing keeping me from hitting Purchase...

True, but this can also be a mental trap. You can't awaken anything you don't currently own. At some point you may pull a tech awakening gem. But you'll then have to wait for the next time Vision is offered, assuming he is offered again (probably, but not guaranteed).

Then again, so far, every offer has had two components so you could purchase twice: meaning you could buy and awaken on the same day. But there's no guarantee Kabam will do that indefinitely, so that's a bit of a gamble. If the next offer is only for 5* Vision in one shot, that will either be a first time buy or an awaken but not both.

Those who skipped the 5000 x2 offer from last year won that bet because now they can buy twice for less today. But it is a gamble people aren't guaranteed to win. It is hard to say whether buying only one copy of Vision today (if that's all you can afford) is a good idea since there's some crystal balling of the future involved.
    DNA3000 said:

Not having an immediate way to Awaken him is kind of the main thing keeping me from hitting Purchase...

True, but this can also be a mental trap. You can't awaken anything you don't currently own. At some point you may pull a tech awakening gem. But you'll then have to wait for the next time Vision is offered, assuming he is offered again (probably, but not guaranteed).

Then again, so far, every offer has had two components so you could purchase twice: meaning you could buy and awaken on the same day. But there's no guarantee Kabam will do that indefinitely, so that's a bit of a gamble. If the next offer is only for 5* Vision in one shot, that will either be a first time buy or an awaken but not both.

Those who skipped the 5000 x2 offer from last year won that bet because now they can buy twice for less today. But it is a gamble people aren't guaranteed to win. It is hard to say whether buying only one copy of Vision today (if that's all you can afford) is a good idea since there's some crystal balling of the future involved.
    Very true... For the most part I've been saving Units for July and just hoping there'll be some 5 Star Awakening Gem Offer (may consider some Rank Up Gem Offer too) which again would be another gamble... Not to mention if there was a 5 Star AG Offer that I bought it'd most likely be a 5 Star AG Crystal, which would then be Another gamble. Because currently I still have a 5 Star Mutant AG from Christmas that I haven't had a use for, though that may change if Colossus gets Buffed in the next few months, so that'd mean there's a chance I'd just get another Mutant Gem...
    Perfect timing... FINALLY got another Tech 5 Star, that's actually usable. But did it really need to be one off Ghost?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    No
    He is only given out like this because he has a troubled history! He synthesis did not.work so the hid him rather than fix him. Now he is fixed and for sale. Want a power control champ.get a Hawkeye. Much better and he goes with SW as well.
    Rap said:

He is only given out like this because he has a troubled history! He synthesis did not.work so the hid him rather than fix him. Now he is fixed and for sale. Want a power control champ.get a Hawkeye. Much better and he goes with SW as well.

Love how you just say "Get a Hawkeye", and fyi I already have a 4 Star one... Wasn't specifically looking for a Power Control Champion either, already a 4 and 5 Star Magik, I'm interested him for being a usable Tech 5 Star which until a few minutes ago my only 5 Star Tech was Iron Patriot.
  • Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    No
    WAAAAAY better cases to use units on
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    No
    Save units for SW 5*

Save units for SW 5*

Lol you know that's going to be in a Crystal if she ever gets released as a 5 Star, which I Highly doubt will ever happen, and I'm not about spending Units on Random Champions.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Yes
    I have an R5 5* Magik and an R4 5* Dorm and still went for this offer. 6,000 units for this back to back offer isn't bad at all considering the R1-R2 and R2-R3 package that comes with the second offer. Vision is hands down one of the most underrated utility champs because he doesn't hit hard but everything else he can do makes up for that sub par damage. You will find him most useful in the parts of Act 5 that requires bleed/poison immune. He also has a fantastic synergy with Iron Man Infinity War just in case you already have him. I strongly believe he will also be very useful in Act 6 especially against the Crossbones boss in Act 6.1.5 that requires a poison/bleed immune champ.

• Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Does anyone remember a few years ago when a 3* og vision costs 500 units and a 4* og vision costs 3500 units (unduped)?

Pepperidge farm remembers.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    No
    His 5* sig scaling is awful.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    No
    I just ask myself why People would spend 200 Dollar or EUro or whatever on a five star Vision. Hes of great usage, he can doexcellent powerlocks, but he is NOT worth 200$ or 200€!!!
    In fact with 6000 Units you can easily go through act 5 on 100% or through both variants!!!
    I decided not to go for him, in the end it came down to realizing I'm not going to regret not buying him but if I did buy him there's a chance I could regret it later by pulling a AoU Vision or Ghost or whatever at which point he'd probably get left behind...
  • CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145

I decided not to go for him, in the end it came down to realizing I'm not going to regret not buying him but if I did buy him there's a chance I could regret it later by pulling a AoU Vision or Ghost or whatever at which point he'd probably get left behind...

AoU Vision isn't available as a 5*, and Ghost is extremely difficult to use. I only say this because I have one I just took to 5r4, and I'm still not very good with her. I personally went ahead and got OG Vision simply because neither version of Vision is available in crystals as a 5*, and even though I already have a 4* AoU, I won't be able to use him when I decide to actually start Act 6. Currently working on full exploration of Act 5, and there are nodes he'll come in handy on. Plus I usually use CAIW, and he has a solid synergy with Vision.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    No

Save units for SW 5*

Lol you know that's going to be in a Crystal if she ever gets released as a 5 Star, which I Highly doubt will ever happen, and I'm not about spending Units on Random Champions.
    She will. Since Thor got added after previously being “too OP”, it’s only a matter of time. OG Wolvie will be 2nd last of the 12.0 5* added and SW will be the last. That’s why I’m saving now. Tryna get that dupe.