**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Basic catalyst arenas: cutoff + rank rewards

Hi guys,

I’ve just reached the final milestone for this arena and was wondering if anyone has a rough ideia of the cutoff points for this arena? I guess they are always different, but maybe on average?

Or something like “below 10M not even worth trying”

I’m just questioning these rank rewards all together. As they are based in positions rather than % sounds quite impossible to achieve them for new/mid players which makes it quite unfair.

I don’t think it’s fair that I’m putting double/triple my time into the arena, but because I don’t have a 5star rooster to make the best of it, I also can’t get resources.

I just don’t understand the reasoning for this, any thoughts that could clear this out a bit? I’m thinking it’s a really weird strategy of the game that the initial progression is much harder than the endgame. Typically games are the other way around to captivate users.

All in all and money aside, newer/mid players are not rewarded equally for the time spent on the game.

A penny for your thought please as I feel I’m overlooking something here. No matter how much time I put into the game I don’t see the benefit. In every other aspect of life - the more you dedicate yourself the more you collect.

Thanks and apologies if sounding too much of a complaint
Thanks

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

A penny for your thought please as I feel I’m overlooking something here. No matter how much time I put into the game I don’t see the benefit. In every other aspect of life - the more you dedicate yourself the more you collect.

Not in competitions, which the rank rewards are. The milestones are where every player can know exactly how much rewards they will get for a specific amount of effort, and to be frank the T4B arena is the worst thing to complain about. Two of the T4B you can win are milestone rewards, and relatively low milestones at that. Only the third one comes as a rank reward. There aren't many real world competitions in which two thirds of the rewards are available to everyone for low effort, and the winner gets one third more.

I always grab my two easy T4B, and then stop. If you want to attempt to get the rank reward, now you're competing against everyone else for that last one, and only fifty people get it. The fact that the fifty-first person doesn't, no matter how much effort they put into it, is not unfair. That's the nature of competition. Competitions don't reward effort, they reward winning.
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    Agreed with the point of view and how it’s explained the concept of competition. Maybe what made me question it in the first place is the fact the other arenas rewards are based in proportion to participants and this one not. Thanks for your view on this one - makes sense. I guess the conclusion is really just that, it’s worth the last milestone and nothing else. Cheers