CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT - CULL OBSIDIAN

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,759 ★★★

Question for the community as well as the mods - when fighting Cull in the EQ I struggled to parry his dash attack, especially after an SP1; as he seemed to hit me well before he actually got close enough to hit me. I didn't notice this being a problem with short-range melee medium attacks; only on a dash attack.

Did anyone else experience this? Or was it just lag/sleep-deprivation on my part? I don't think it's a bug; but has his Dash attack got an unusually long reach? (a large hitbox, or whatever the terminology is?)?

Thanks for any feedback.

I face no issue with parry when against him. It's high likely on your part then
    look at this video, i have already set the right moment to watch, you can clearly see what the other guy was talking about :)
    Thanks @te_dua_shum. That's exactly what I was seeing. I think that Cull just swings from a long way away when he dashes in, meaning you have to get your parry/dexterity in earlier than you think you're going to (well before he actually reaches you).

Thanks for looking at it and responding.
    It's clearly not a bug, but it's useful to know when you're fighting him.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 18
    well, after fighting against him another time, i think that the animation showed in the video is still part of his SP1, not an effect added to his medium hit... but i still have to understand why he can break the block with that hit :/
  • He pauses in the middle of sp1 and then does a final hit after few seconds . Lol that’s not his dash attack 😂
  • KinkyWizard1KinkyWizard1 Posts: 1,181 ★★★

Corvus and Proxima get nothing in return with Synergy Bonus?

Disappointing
    Do they need anything?
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 164
    edited May 15

ENEMIES LV. 3: Iron Man (Infinity War), Thor (Ragnarok), Captain America (Infinity War), Heimdall

• All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    You forgot the Heimdall picture, or you accidentally added his name to the list of enemies.
  • StarKillerVIIStarKillerVII Posts: 48
    This guy sounds way too op
  • My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 1,581 ★★★
    He looks like a Gorgon from Small Soldiers.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,341 ★★★★
    Don't know if it has been pointed out, but there is a typo in the second paragraph in the last sentence.

It should be "like" not "live".
  • GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 407
    edited May 17
    Did you test him looks way over powered. This is act 6.1. Less than 20 hits to clear a champ.
    Not my video but this looks nuts.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Did you test him looks way over powered. This is act 6.1. Less than 20 hits to clear a champ.

He’s a ramp up champ it looks like. He needs quite a few fights to ramp up to that just like Corvus, Ægon, or Morningstar.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Stave said:

Stop adding synergies with Thanos if nobody but 100 people have one. What a waste of time

More than 100 people have Thanos...
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 727 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Gmonkey said:

He’s a ramp up champ it looks like. He needs quite a few fights to ramp up to that just like Corvus, Ægon, or Morningstar.
    He definitely ramps up and gets going but he can still destroy in the first fight if you drop some armor breaks and then wreck stuff with the Rout
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 52
    6 star is bugged, can only toggle rout once. And yes he is duped
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 574 ★★

Question for the community as well as the mods - when fighting Cull in the EQ I struggled to parry his dash attack, especially after an SP1; as he seemed to hit me well before he actually got close enough to hit me. I didn't notice this being a problem with short-range melee medium attacks; only on a dash attack.

Did anyone else experience this? Or was it just lag/sleep-deprivation on my part? I don't think it's a bug; but has his Dash attack got an unusually long reach? (a large hitbox, or whatever the terminology is?)?

Thanks for any feedback.

I face no issue with parry when against him. It's high likely on your part then
    look at this video, i have already set the right moment to watch, you can clearly see what the other guy was talking about :)
    It's hard to tell. It could be a block break OR the player's mistake. I have to remind you that Cull's sp1 has a long animation and a sudden attack at the end of animation. So he/she might have dropped the block at the moment of Dull's hit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 17,627 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Stave said:

Stop adding synergies with Thanos if nobody but 100 people have one. What a waste of time

More than 100 people have Thanos...
    Yep. He was in the Greater Gifting Crystals.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 917 ★★★
    Good defender? I can’t tell. All I see is attacker.
  • Spiderhug78Spiderhug78 Posts: 11
    Can someone tell me how to get a video to the mods that is 64mb? I had and issue with the single handed crystal but not sure what to do? Help.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 638 ★★

Good defender? I can’t tell. All I see is attacker.

He's no slouch as either one tbh
  • V1PER1987 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seatin did a video where he was doing crazy damage as a R3 not awakened on the 2nd fight. Hardly ‘quite a few fights’. But then just got more and more OP with more charges. Feels like his armour breaks are working like pre nerf OG Thor to me. No diminishing returns 🤷‍♂️
  • humzah217humzah217 Posts: 331 ★★
    Cull is a blessing to mcoc, thank u kabam
  • nebneb Posts: 416 ★★★
    I'm not sure what's so different between this dude and venom the duck. Both seem about equally good imo
    neb said:

I'm not sure what's so different between this dude and venom the duck. Both seem about equally good imo

I think Cull is better against evade champs from what I have seen on YouTube..evade champs aren't able to evade I believe..I know I was someone use him against Mordo and he wasn't able to like he usually does when he's stunned
  • nebneb Posts: 416 ★★★
    I recognize their minor differences, one has regen and damage over time while the other counters auto block and has armor break. Both take roughly 3 matches to reach maximum power but in culls case people are losing their minds.
    neb said:

I recognize their minor differences, one has regen and damage over time while the other counters auto block and has armor break. Both take roughly 3 matches to reach maximum power but in culls case people are losing their minds.

I think people are losing it because he may equal or slightly better than Corvus who is already a popular "god tier" champ
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 525 ★★★
    I'd like to see how Cull does in some matchups against mystics with nullify/stagger and against champs that shrug off or are immune to armor break.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,759 ★★★

I'd like to see how Cull does in some matchups against mystics with nullify/stagger and against champs that shrug off or are immune to armor break.

As a defender, he does shockingly badly!

All those buffs.. even aside from his Thanos' blessings, once I worked out that his SP1 gave him ten permanent buffs, it was just a matter of deciding which champ to melt him with and baiting out an SP1. Several mystic champs are effective offensively, as they can damage via buffs (Symbiote Supreme, Morningstar, Magik, Mordo, Dr Voodoo, even DS with CAIW synergy). Personally, I mostly found it was just fun pulping him with Ronan.

As an attacker, which is clearly his main role, he'll run into problems maintaining his damage output against those who can neutralise buffs without touching you - Symbiote Supreme being the best example; but Mephisto and Dr Strange doing pretty well. But on the other hand, why would you take him into those fights?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 525 ★★★

As a defender, he does shockingly badly!

All those buffs.. even aside from his Thanos' blessings, once I worked out that his SP1 gave him ten permanent buffs, it was just a matter of deciding which champ to melt him with and baiting out an SP1. Several mystic champs are effective offensively, as they can damage via buffs (Symbiote Supreme, Morningstar, Magik, Mordo, Dr Voodoo, even DS with CAIW synergy). Personally, I mostly found it was just fun pulping him with Ronan.

As an attacker, which is clearly his main role, he'll run into problems maintaining his damage output against those who can neutralise buffs without touching you - Symbiote Supreme being the best example; but Mephisto and Dr Strange doing pretty well. But on the other hand, why would you take him into those fights?
    I think it would be funny watching him melt against them in a race against time.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 1,124 ★★★

He does very poorly against fights he can't armor break in, so debuff immune nodes or thing matchups are definitely not where you want to use him
  • Spiderhug78Spiderhug78 Posts: 11
    Mods please give me a reasonable answer other than sorry better luck next time. This is how I got ripped off from the crystal. After landing on the champion and right before it shatter the crystal open the game glitch and started spinning again just kept spinning and it never stopped again. After I restarted the app I guess they said I received a 3* proxyma.