Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

Champion Spotlight: Green Goblin

The Champion Spotlight for the newest addition to the Contest is here! Find out everything you need to know about this high flying, pumpkin bomb throwing, green menace on our blog: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-green-goblin/

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★
    Wow. Interesting. Sounds cool!
  • Question about his special 1.
    He has 40% chance to power drain 8% power on laser blasts. He does 4 laser blasts I think.
    So, is 40% chance to power drain on each hit?
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 279 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Does Spider-Man Champions mean just the Peter Parker Versions? Or does it also include Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen? Does Symbiote Spider-Man also work for this Synergy?

Will Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacey) ever get a personal Synergy for Norman Osborn? In one universe she's dead by his actions, so it would be neat if there was some reference to that, similar to how Matt Murdock is a villain to Gwen in her Spider Universe.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Can you define what is potency and how it's different from ability accuracy?
    (Also how the the BW-Quake-HE synergies affect BW's sig effectiveness)
  • DocMcShottieDocMcShottie Posts: 42
    Does super bomb activate when each power bar is reached? Or just likelihood increases during specials and heavy?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 244 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Question about his special 1.
    He has 40% chance to power drain 8% power on laser blasts. He does 4 laser blasts I think.

I hope so. So much for this super strong power drainer who can deal with MD. Just seems like a jack of all trades without being strong in any one aspect. We'll see I guess. 40% reduction of 5/5 MD from Cunning is ok but still won't deal with most MD defenders as well as others can.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    It would have been cool if his bag of tricks included power lock. His bag of tricks seems like it would contain debuffs that affect the opponent for a time and it would fit with the tech class and power control. However it seems that GG was hyped yesterday by Miike as a great power control champ, but in reality is very lackluster at power control. Especially when compared to Magik, Vision, Hawkeye, and Nebula.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 121
    So does each special have a chance to proc any of his bag of tricks effect. Sp1 says laser power drain and 90% chance for weakness. Can the bombs still apply poison/power drain/ etc with sp 1 (not talking about sig super bomb which activates all of them) or just the listed weakness. Also his laser blast is 4 hits does each hit of a chance to drain for a total of 40% or is it just 8% total if one of the 4 blasts connect.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »

Yep! Each hit has a chance to Power Drain.
  • edited August 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Can you define what is potency and how it's different from ability accuracy?
    (Also how the the BW-Quake-HE synergies affect BW's sig effectiveness)

Potency means the Strength of the effect, while Ability Accuracy refers to the chances of activating the ability. So increasing the Ability Accuracy will mean you're more likely to have an effect, while increasing the Potency means the strength of the ability is higher.

As for the other question... I don't know off the top of my head. I'll have to ask!
  • He should be science.

He probably would have been if he didn't use Oscorp Technology like the Glider to do most of his fighting.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Man Gobbie looks sick. Kabam did such a great job on animation. He looks and moves exactly like I always hoped he would. Seeing him fight it's obvious to me why he is tech. I'm hoping he plays as good as he looks.
    Can you explain what the "Super Bomb" is and how it triggers. As far as I understand it, it's just the chance for a special to inflict all the effects of the bag of tricks. Is this correct? Is this for all specials? What's the chance?
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    So Super Bomb chance is calculated by the number of bars of power when it's activated, right? Basically meaning a SP2 has twice the chance of a Super Bomb than a SP1. And at max sig, SP3 is a guaranteed Super Bomb with an additional 40% chance to essentially double up certain debuffs with a Pumpkin Bomb?

Second(ish) question: When madness and cunning are equal, he gains the effects of each at the same time?

Third(ishier) question: Parries are guaranteed Madness charges?
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

Yep! Each hit has a chance to Power Drain.

Hi, so I may be just having a derp moment, but I want clarification on if it says "Power Drain" and not "Power Burn" does that mean he gains part of the power he burns off or does it only burn the power from the opponent?
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 328 ★★★
    Can you tell us if the 5* signature ability scaling is bugged? If you look at the 5* goblin in master mode his signature ability at lv.100 gives around 75% chance of superbomb per bar of power which is over double the 4* version which caps at 35%. This might determine if I chance going for his featured 5* crystal so I would like to know asap, thanks.
  • Hey so couple of questions- the bag of tricks ability:Next to it is put power bar and heavy... does this mean that it can trigger every heavy, when a bar of power is reached or when you use a special? Or does it only trigger when awakened? Very confused please help
    Can you tell us if the 5* signature ability scaling is bugged? If you look at the 5* goblin in master mode his signature ability at lv.100 gives around 75% chance of superbomb per bar of power which is over double the 4* version which caps at 35%. This might determine if I chance going for his featured 5* crystal so I would like to know asap, thanks.

I might be wrong about this, but I thought 5 stars could go above lvl 100 sig level? Pretty sure the max level for a 5 star is 200, so the sig level you are seeing there is about half. It probably maxes out at a 100% chance.
  • Can you tell us if the 5* signature ability scaling is bugged? If you look at the 5* goblin in master mode his signature ability at lv.100 gives around 75% chance of superbomb per bar of power which is over double the 4* version which caps at 35%. This might determine if I chance going for his featured 5* crystal so I would like to know asap, thanks.

The team says "Congratulations! you found a bug! It should be between 20 and 40, not 75."

Thank you for pointing that out!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★

The team says "Congratulations! you found a bug! It should be between 20 and 40, not 75."

Lol. Cute.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 328 ★★★

What do I win? :wink:
  • Does super bomb activate when each power bar is reached? Or just likelihood increases during specials and heavy?

The likelihood increases! The Super Bomb can only be activated upon the use of a Special Attack.
    Does super bomb activate when each power bar is reached? Or just likelihood increases during specials and heavy?

The likelihood increases! The Super Bomb can only be activated upon the use of a Special Attack.

Miike, can you clarify what exactly a "Super Bomb" is though? Is it where every single effect from the pumpkin bombs is triggered? I'm sorry if I am dense, but the sig ability says "the Special 3 attack still has a chance to trigger both Super Bomb and Pumpkin Bomb effects." so it makes me think it is something different.
  • How much time does his regen lasts?
    You know I just realized when Green Goblin was leaked on Trucos it was showing he had "shock" as one of the possible procs, and his bombs leave electrical energy behind, but I'm not seeing shock as one of the possible procs on his in game abilities.

That means no shock for GG?
  • SlyCat42 wrote: »
    You know I just realized when Green Goblin was leaked on Trucos it was showing he had "shock" as one of the possible procs, and his bombs leave electrical energy behind, but I'm not seeing shock as one of the possible procs on his in game abilities.

That means no shock for GG?

Just noticed that too ...
    Maybe, just maybe, it's an exclusive ability for the 5-star GG only. We will have to wait and see ingame
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I was just thinking of a way to maybe placate the unhappy GG-should-be-science crowd. What if you made his rank up like Karnak? i.e. Mix tech and science cats - also why is Karnak the only champ to have this rank up feature? There are many champs that blur the lines between classes like this.