**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

-25% SP3 Defense Boost (against final Thanos ??)

In what order is damage adjustments made when fighting final Nameless Thanos ?

If you use the -25% SP3 Boost, will Thanos' damage first be capped to the 15% or 20% limits specified in his Abilities, and THEN the -25% Boost would reduce that 15/20% Cap to be 1/4th lower.

Or does the -25% Boost Get applied first, and then the 15/20% Ability Cap is applied afterwards, which would make the SP3 Boost basically worthless to try when fighting Thanos. (I have a feeling it is this 2nd case, but I’m hoping it is the 1st case).

Comments

• Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    The damage cap is safeguard, and I believe the sp3 def boost only lowers base damage. Anyways, I’m pretty sure it’s war only, so it’s kind of a moot point
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    No, it is NOT just for War only. Even though it is gray in color (poor choice of color because it makes people think it is AW only), the other 3 are the AW ones (Involnerability, Regen, and start with 1 bar power).
    I just verified doing a normal quest, that the -25% SP3 Defense Boost is available to be applied (the other 3 Gray boosts are not available).

So, do you think the -25% gets applied to Thanos' SP3 (potential) damage first, and then whatever damage that brings it down to (which is probably still huge) is then limited to the 15% Avengers limit or the other 20% general Safeguard (both Avengers and non-Avengers) ??

If so, then at least we will know for sure to not even bother applying that boost.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    Not sure I’m following that ?? And didn't even realize there was a 33% version of it, must be from War Crystals ? Thanks.