Yondu - Block penetration confirmation

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Member Posts: 916 ★★★
Ok, so I think it is a known fact that parries usually don't work when fighting Yondu as he has block penetration. So I just need to confirm, is that true?

Because if it is true, NC or Beast has synergy pairing up with him, in which he gives additional block penetration to them. That would mean all champs in said defensive team is able to ignore parries too right?

Comments

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Member Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    It's not the block penetration, his arrow is a projectile, that's why you can't parry him when he uses his arrow.

He almost always leads the fight with his first light attack, which is the arrow.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Member Posts: 916 ★★★
    Ah, that makes sense, thanks for answering!
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Member Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Some of Yondu's attacks are ranged attacks which don't cause a stun when parried. It doesn't have anything to do with block penetration
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    What @Etaki_Lirakoi said. I believe that's on his medium hits so you can't parry medium attacks but you can parry light attacks
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Member Posts: 213 ★★
    About 30 mins ago I went up against a yondu on 20% increased ability node. First fight I used magik 5* r3. I could not party him at all and bleed to death. The next fight I went in with 5* r4 WS and completely wrecked him. Parry worked every time. Parried him about 7 times that fight. I have had it work and not work on many different occasions so I don't really know lol.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Member Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    What @Etaki_Lirakoi said. I believe that's on his medium hits so you can't parry medium attacks but you can parry light attacks
    His arrow is only on his 1st and 3rd light attack, his medium attacks are normal and are the work around if you're fighting someone who evades projectiles, like DD classic.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Member Posts: 916 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    His arrow is only on his 1st and 3rd light attack, his medium attacks are normal and are the work around if you're fighting someone who evades projectiles, like DD classic.

Oh yea, that's a good idea! Daredevil classic probably will do swell on him, I might R5 him.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Member Posts: 504 ★★
    Yeah basically if the arrow is coming at you get out of the way. Trying to block it doesn't work. It's a special part of Yondu's kit.
  • JZ734JZ734 Member Posts: 95
    The arrow does have block penetration, but as others have said while you can parry the attack, because it's a projectile you can't stun.