**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasn't new AW Map supposed to start today?

VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
It's 2 weeks before next AW season starts ... weren't the new AW maps supposed to be live today? (we matched and it's still old AW map)

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    ugh, why is it the old map?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Kabamed lol
  • Yeah... wonder what happened?
  • Sorry for the Confusion everybody! It won't show up until the NEXT War! This is because we can't implement it until everybody is on the same Version, and that won't be until at least tomorrow.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★

Sorry for the Confusion everybody! It won't show up until the NEXT War! This is because we can't implement it until everybody is on the same Version, and that won't be until at least tomorrow.

thank you for the quick reply/clarification @Kabam Miike
  • Ahhhh.... okie, 1 more war of the last iteration then
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Which makes it not quite 2 weeks to get used to the new map...
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    come back to us @Voluntaris come baaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

If hellcow gets added he will return.
    you're not wrong
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

If hellcow gets added he will return.
    you never know ;)
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    edited June 2019
    @Kabam Miike ok, so we're not getting a full 2 weeks of wars then to get used to the new map for the season.

How about you leave the same map for the season and focus instead on increasing the rewards? At least incrementally. That would go a long way toward assuaging the high levels of dissatisfaction with the game that the vast majority of the community is expressing.

Then use the Season 11 as the new node map layout, released in the season break, with a full two week break to practice on it, and Season 12 being the one with the defence tactics, again with a full two week off season to practice on it, with rewards bumped up significantly.

With the state of the game as it is, burnout is a major factor with the new AQ Thenos boss and all the changes across the board. After having to cope with two months of major bugged content...
    Drooped2 said:

@Kabam Miike ok, so we're not getting a full 2 weeks of wars then to get used to the new map for the season.

How about you leave the same map for the season and focus instead on increasing the rewards? At least incrementally. That would go a long way toward assuaging the high levels of dissatisfaction with the game that the vast majority of the community is expressing.

Then use the Season 11 as the new node map layout, released in the season break, with a full two week break to practice on it, and Season 12 being the one with the defence tactics, again with a full two week off season to practice on it, with rewards bumped up significantly.

With the state of the game as it is, burnout is a major factor with the new AQ Thenos boss and all the changes across the board. After having to cope with two months of major bugged content...

Were getting 5 instead of 6 wars it's not some massive deal to change everything back another month over
    Lol well maybe they can increase rewards by the same factor. 1/6th less practice wars, increase rewards by 16.66% 🥴
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    They're not likely going to increase the Rewards, then do it again in a month. Besides, it's just a Map change. There have been a number, and they don't change Rewards with Map revisions. Not historically anyway.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Speaking of burnouts, WHO has declared it a legit state of health.
    Also lol I’m not saying the 1 less war is the sole reason for delaying the season. I’m saying that it’s the proverbial straw and camel on top of everything else and the fact that AW rewards need to be completely overhauled, after essentially 9 seasons of the same stuff

They're not likely going to increase the Rewards, then do it again in a month. Besides, it's just a Map change. There have been a number, and they don't change Rewards with Map revisions. Not historically anyway.

Just a map change still takes time for everyone to adjust to and revamp planning for the season and finding out what works and what doesn’t.

Just a map change still means we will need to completely re strategise and re work path selection, AWD planning etc etc so I think you maybe underestimate the impact a bit...?

Granted with defence tactics the following season that will add another layer again.

PS still no word on when or even if AW defence synergies will be fixed...
    Synergies were disabled until they could figure out what they're doing with new Synergies that exist. Map changes have never involved increasing Rewards. Obviously it might involve new strategies, but we don't need to be paid to change how we do things. Lol. Defense Tactics is what they're introducing the revamped Rewards with.
    I don’t see the need to change the war map at all from its present state. It works it’s stable and can support having an alliance with multinational members. I have severe doubts that the new map will do the same. Won’t know for sure until it rolls out but seems like Prima facie it will require more energy.

Sure defence tactics in Season 11 are gonna require a lot of planning but I feel like they’re messing with something (war maps) that doesn’t need to be meddled with right now.

We’ve already seen how much controversy was generated in previous seasons when Kabam decided to do things like Global buffs for bleed immunity (never seen again), removing defender diversity points. This forced a change to bring back the points and adjust scoring. And before that removing points for defender kills and giving gold instead I think it was.

So I suspect we haven’t seen the last on this subject
    It's all a part of the same changes. They split it up so it wasn't so overwhelming.

It's all a part of the same changes. They split it up so it wasn't so overwhelming.

Riiiight... so if it’s all part of the same changes and they split it, why not then split the rewards increase????

See the flaw in your argument there? Lol
    No, there is no flaw. They don't increase the Rewards for swapping the Map out. Having both come all at once would have been overwhelming, so they introduced the Map beforehand. The Rewards increase is coming in tandem with the new Meta of Defense Tactics. Look past Rewards and you will see what I'm saying. Lol.

No, there is no flaw. They don't increase the Rewards for swapping the Map out. Having both come all at once would have been overwhelming, so they introduced the Map beforehand. The Rewards increase is coming in tandem with the new Meta of Defense Tactics. Look past Rewards and you will see what I'm saying. Lol.

Lol. We can agree to disagree then. Come back to me when you’ve tried your first war with the new harder nodes. The essence of what I’m getting at is that Kabam is, and always has been, reactionary. This is a golden opportunity to show us the community who have had to put up with a lot Season after season to show some goodwill. But it seems another opportunity gone begging. By the way are you an officer of your alliance? What war tier?
    What Tier I'm in is irrelevant. I'm a Leader. I'm not blind. I can see people are stressed. What I'm telling you is they don't give more Rewards for swapping the Map. They're not likely going to just add them "for good faith" when they have a revamp coming the following Season. That outlook is just rash. "We want more, you should just throw them in to make us happy.".

What Tier I'm in is irrelevant. I'm a Leader. I'm not blind. I can see people are stressed. What I'm telling you is they don't give more Rewards for swapping the Map. They're not likely going to just add them "for good faith" when they have a revamp coming the following Season. That outlook is just rash. "We want more, you should just throw them in to make us happy.".

Well I’m an officer and a former leader for many seasons. I passed the mantle over as it was just taking too much of my time. Not interested in the slightest in having to spend any more of my time and energy with this new map.

No there’s nothing rash about this outlook. Look at the overall picture. In EQ Giving us RNG rewards again for rifts after the debacle last time for the avengers shards where u spend 10,000 and can’t choose what you get. At least with the Nick Fury one you could save up enough to choose the item you want from the store.

New AQ again with Thanos boss. KP didn’t get much of a run. No effective increase to rewards in AQ. There’s a pattern.

Noticed the EQ uncollected or epic difficulty is the same as well.

For Act 6.2 let’s hope that they have fixed for once and for all the issue lots of people had myself included for not receiving Cavalier rewards for about 2 weeks, as well as for 100% completion which was even longer. I just have a lack of faith that things will continue to work consistently with each new iteration.
    Those issues literally have nothing to do with War.
    Again, look at the overall picture. From an interaction point of view at every level of the game. The whole underlying rationale for everything in the game and Kabams approach. From a customer relationship management point of view.

Sure you don’t have to be in an alliances to do event quests. But doing them helps improve your roster which makes you a more valuable alliance member.

Alliance modes as a platform in the game are essentially being diluted in value by all these changes. Hey community here’s a beta you can do and spend your time in it for fun, spend resources that we give you in beta only to use in the beta and nowhere else. Spend all your time helping us for no reward whatsoever...