**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lets talk about updating the old champions

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
I am all for updating the ols garbage champs that you dont see in story mode but if you notice they seem to only update the ones that are super common in story mode..which may be good for some of you older players but its really bad for the people who arent uncollected yet.. For example they update venom 2 weeks before i got to that point in act 4.. Now they are upgrading collosus which will make it much harder to become uncollected seeing as how the "easy" path of the first stun immune act 5 mission has him in there and thats exactly where im stuck.. So when they give him some op update it will basically. Have him in all event quests and story as a tough opponent..much like gamora who is all over act 4 and 5 same with kamala and carnage.. As i said its cool to upgrade some champs but if they do i feel they should remove them from story..

Comments

• Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Mjolinar said:

If only you knew the pain of the Act 4 juggernaut before they neutered him... some fights get easier, some get harder. Just be glad that a potential garbage champ on your roster is getting revamped and deal with the other fights as they come up

Its really easy to say that when it no longer effects you.. And that was just 2 battles which alot of people with better skill than i have 1 shot with r4 4 star magik even back then and the example in your counter argument doesn't really compare difficulty wise to a whole row of champs who heal when debuffs are applied especially when the champs in that mission will be buffed.yet you still got on here and complained about it like everyone else im sure just as i am now .you guys also took no damage from blocks in those days And had willpower that would basically %100 heal your champs. We get the fact that you folks with r5 5 stars want more difficulty.. But the honest truth is they have made even the lower tier quests more difficult and this is just 1 example of that.. Its sad that end game players have this just deal with it mentality because kabam forces us to just deal with it..
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Dude you have no idea what the update is. Just calm down. A lot of us went through similar issues. Spidergwen in act 5 was a real pain after the update. At the same time, you have to realize that making a single fight in any quest more difficult really doesn’t change that quests difficulty, unless of course it is a game changing difficulty increase. Alternatively, if you get a champ update/buff, that buff has potentially opened up a wide variety of uses across the game of that champ, which could make certain fights a lot easier for you. Spend some revives in some cases, but may save you those revives in others. Thing is we have NO IDEA what the update even is, and yet you jump the shark and start preemptively complaining.

Also, anyone who told you they one shot the fully buffed juggernaut on the path with all chests removed using an r4 4* Magic is most likely lying. That juggernaut was unlike anything that had been seen in the game up to that point. And why bring up the lines where champs are healing with debuffs when we are specifically talking about revamping old champs (e.g. colossus juggernaut or even spidergwen) and it’s effects on the overall game.

I get the frustration but think you are blowing this situation out of control. Look at my comment history and you’ll see I am not often in agreement with ka am decisions or announcements. But in this case, the benefit of updating a commonly held champ in the game far outweighs a potential change in difficulty in a single fight in any particular quest. End of the day, this is the type of thing that people are begging for on the forums every week.

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★
    I still have nightmares from slashed tires. Back then there was only 1 or 2 champs that could even handle that node.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    While i agree that Spider Gwen is more annoying to fight and that may be the case for Collosus too if he gets a defensive buff, the rest for your examples didn't get harder to fight after their buff. Gamora and Carnage had purely offensive buffs and they are as easy to fight as they were before.
    Also while the first buffs to champions where chosen by Kabam, the last one was chosen by the community and they said that they plan to do this more often so they aren't buffing Collosus because he is in a lot of quests but because people want him to do anything besides collecting dust.
    And a bit of advice, sometimes the "easy path" on a quest might be difficult so look at the other paths and see which one fits your roster better.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    As long as this game exists there will be garbage in it, trash nodes, etc.

This game is more about luck of the pull than skill. That’s the way they want it so people spend more to get the champs that can counter those nodes. Act 6.2 classic example. If you don’t have a boat load of max 5* and 6* champions spend to get them.

Just look at game content that’s the way the game developer wants it.