**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Showing of THE CHAMPION with the POWER STONE in the COMICS.

This is pretty cool - THE CHAMPION with the POWER STONE in the comics - from Jim Starlin's "THANOS QUEST." (This was the prequel to Infinity Gauntlet.) This is where the inspiration of that wild 6.2.6 boss came from.
VERY interesting how Thanos defeats him by "evading" (dexterity) him when he's "invincible" (indestructible).

Comments

• Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited June 2019

This is pretty cool - THE CHAMPION with the POWER STONE in the comics - from Jim Starlin's "THANOS QUEST." (This was the prequel to Infinity Gauntlet.) This is where the inspiration of that wild 6.2.6 boss came from.
    VERY interesting how Thanos defeats him by "evading" (dexterity) him when he's "invincible" (indestructible).

oh my gosh amazing find there! That's pretty dang awesome.
    One could also see 'invincible' as referring to when he's using his specials. Champions are immune to being struck when firing off a special, after all.

What I wonder, though, is whether the ensuing battle in the comic actually relates to any other part of his fight in 6.2.6...
  • Options

oh my gosh amazing find there! That's pretty dang awesome.
    One could also see 'invincible' as referring to when he's using his specials. Champions are immune to being struck when firing off a special, after all.

What I wonder, though, is whether the ensuing battle in the comic actually relates to any other part of his fight in 6.2.6...
    ummmmm - not too much...
    Thanos manipulates him into jumping way up into the atmosphere and crashing into the planet lol