**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What purpose does prestige serve?

So im curious does anybody actually know the reason behind champion prestige?

I was just thinking about my next rank up decision and it came to me that it's pretty annoying not being able to rank X champion because their prestige is so low.

I thought one of the biggest aims for the game moving forward was to make it that people can play who they enjoy using and not be locked into decisions based on meta or tiers.

But if that is the case and Kabam have said before that this is one of their goals, why is it that every new champion released has a high prestige?

Equally I wonder if we will see a different feature introduced that would replace prestige? But if so what would it be?

Anybody got any thoughts? Only thing I can think of is if there was a way to "enhance" champions so you could raise their prestige perhaps. So if you had "no champion can go above X prestige". Then it would just take longer for some champions to get to this top tier.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Higher prestige contributes to higher AQ scores which in turn leads to higher AQ ranks which gives you much better rewards. Basically the only point of prestige. They will never replace prestige because it is most likely their #1 money maker.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I really do think that prestige should be visible to everyone. You should be able to see the prestige of each of your champs, your account AND your alliance. If it's a stat that affects so much; an entire alliance gamemode... so I feel it would be great to have it fully visible
    V1PER1987 said:

Higher prestige contributes to higher AQ scores which in turn leads to higher AQ ranks which gives you much better rewards. Basically the only point of prestige. They will never replace prestige because it is most likely their #1 money maker.

Don't forget that the fights in AQ get harder when your alliance has higher prestige. Then THAT causes higher AQ scores, which leads to higher potential AQ ranks, and then better rewards.
  • RobertkoRobertko Posts: 47
    Al of the alliance’s I have been in, in which prestige mattered (because of aq), tracked everyone’s prestige quite closely and publicly. On the line app, there are numerous tools to assist, including prestige bot.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

I really do think that prestige should be visible to everyone. You should be able to see the prestige of each of your champs, your account AND your alliance. If it's a stat that affects so much; an entire alliance gamemode... so I feel it would be great to have it fully visible

You can see your prestige any time you want. All you need to do is turn off your masteries then open your champion tab. You will have to pay the gold/units to put your masteries back on afterwards though.

We used to be able to check it via the Leaderboard (trophy icon on the main home page) by looking at our "Strongest Team". This doesn't seem to be correct anymore.

Most of us just use external websites/phone apps/spreadsheet to track our prestige separately.

That being said, I do agree that Prestige is something that should be available to see for free at anytime in game.
  • Harbinger195Harbinger195 Posts: 115
    Being able to see it would be cool, and also perhaps something to show what a champions prestige will be once you take them to the next rank since I'm sure many players don't use the prestige lists
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    They said they were going to drop it a year ago I guess
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Outside of top alliance I don't think much of anyone ranks for prestige anymore. Utility, damage and end game content is more important. I remember when we were a low to mid tier ally and a mate ranked duped rocket to 550 for "prestige"... Unless you're ally is way up there in AQ it means nothing to you
  • bamabbbamabb Posts: 17
    So as far as AQ goes how does it work? Is it the prestige of the champs you put into AQ or the prestige of your top champs period, and you can put in anyone you want.

So I can put in low prestige champs like Iceman, but the points are based on the best prestige champs I own?
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 536 ★★★
    bamabb said:

So as far as AQ goes how does it work? Is it the prestige of the champs you put into AQ or the prestige of your top champs period, and you can put in anyone you want.

So I can put in low prestige champs like Iceman, but the points are based on the best prestige champs I own?

You can put in any champs you want. It's based on what you own.