**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question for the Ghost experts around here

zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,156 ★★★★★
I've been playing Ghost a few weeks now and I'm pretty hit or miss with her. Sometimes I'm lights out and she's my next R5 and others not so much. So I try to see why I'm so inconsistent and i realize that more often then not when I phase the AI just dashes back and blocks and won't attack into my phase. I have her in AQ right now and just went a full 5 fights without a single attack thrown into my phase. So my question is is there something I should be doing or a specific way to play her that encourages the AI to be more aggressive when phasing? Also is anyone else having the same experience with her?

Comments

• Options
    WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Yeah she’s doing the same thing for me. I have been concerned about it for a while.
  • Options
    Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    zeezee57 said:

I've been playing Ghost a few weeks now and I'm pretty hit or miss with her. Sometimes I'm lights out and she's my next R5 and others not so much. So I try to see why I'm so inconsistent and i realize that more often then not when I phase the AI just dashes back and blocks and won't attack into my phase. I have her in AQ right now and just went a full 5 fights without a single attack thrown into my phase. So my question is is there something I should be doing or a specific way to play her that encourages the AI to be more aggressive when phasing? Also is anyone else having the same experience with her?

Be patient. You won’t always get the ai to dash in while you’re phasing but 90% of the time they’ll back off and dash in right before phase expires. You don’t always have to phase through multiple missed hits if you see the phase timer is about run out play it safe and attack right after 1 hit. The more time you spend playing her the more comfortable you’ll get. You can always block/parry/intercept against passive ai.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I tend to parry heavy a couple times when the AI gets defensive. Plus you gain fury and cruelty and can really end it quick once they switch back to being aggressive. The AI won't always be so aggressive so you need to dance and wait on it. Just don't get frustrated when they don't play the way you need them to.
  • Options
    ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    I've been using her a lot lately and for me they usually always start with hitting into your phase when the fight starts. I let them wiff twice and then go in for a 4 hit combo then back up and phase again. I've noticed when I do 5 hit combos it's both hard to phase right away and a lot of the times they'll just stand there and block like you mentioned.

Are you phasing into 5 hit combos or just doing 4 and backing off?
  • Options
    RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Tbh it depends on how aggressive the AI is. I wouldnt bring Ghost to AQ. She does best in AW and end game content. If you're having issues with opponents attacking into your phase, I would just do heavies to build up furies and power and then pop that special.
  • Options
    bamabbbamabb Posts: 17
    When I first started using her I would go in do a combo then immediately pull back and phase. And about half the time they wouldn’t attack me. Then I would panic and end up getting smacked. An expert Ghost player told me to do my combo then wait. Just pause for 1-2 seconds and then phase. You have to make the AI think they have a chance at hitting you. If you directly phase while your combo effects are still finishing the AI knows it doesn’t have a chance. So just wait till the combo animations end fully, then phase.

Also remember you can play her just like a normal champ. If you notice the AI is not cooperating, just go to a normal game play. Evade/ parry 5 hit combo. Throw in some heavies. She is a great champ without her phase. I would always panic if the AI didn’t cooperate. Now I just stay calm and switch modes if I need too.

One other tip is to watch your timer when you phase. If you notice he is not attacking let ghost move forward ,don’t dash in, just sit there without holding block or swiping back and she will move forward slowly toward the defender. Usually if the defender is just sitting back, and you move towards them it triggers them to attack. Just make sure you have enough in the timer to actually let him hit you. If you wait to long you will unphase and get smacked. This one takes some practice.

She is great in AQ to take out that pesky Hyperion in map 5 with the hood synergy

Good luck!
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Forward said:

I've been using her a lot lately and for me they usually always start with hitting into your phase when the fight starts. I let them wiff twice and then go in for a 4 hit combo then back up and phase again. I've noticed when I do 5 hit combos it's both hard to phase right away and a lot of the times they'll just stand there and block like you mentioned.

Are you phasing into 5 hit combos or just doing 4 and backing off?

This is key, really ... I used to do 5 hit combo when I first started with her .. and as you noted, the AI just backs right off ..

I switched to 3 hit combo (MLL) then phase .. and they AI tends to stay much more aggressive .. ;)
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    In AQ ai is To pasive in map5 alest only mini and boss sesnm to be agersiv
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Do 4 hit combos and back off. You'll start to figure out how long you can wait to get an in. If it's too long just parry heavy.
  • Options
    DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Phase, 1 hit intercepts after 2-3 hits thrown by defender, phase, repeat. Usually when it’s a 1 hit intercept, and you follow that with an evade (phase in this case) they will follow you right back in. Builds your power faster, too (when awakened), and makes sets the defender up for Parry Stuns when you want to land a couple heavy attacks before launching your SP2.

Some game modes seem to be a bit more passive with Ghost, Dungeons, AW, and AQ are examples, since they are supposed to present more of a challenge. Sometimes you just need to be more patient. With Ghost, you can control the entire fight. Just have to work on your timing.