**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam how is not telling people about 5* Featured crystals in advance gonna stop hoarding?

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
It's not like once it releases people are like "oh I'm gonna get that" if the crystal is bad we aren't gonna spend on it regardless of when you tell us. So how is waiting until the last day to yell us gonna stop that?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It's not like once it releases people are like "oh I'm gonna get that" if the crystal is bad we aren't gonna spend on it regardless of when you tell us. So how is waiting until the last day to yell us gonna stop that?

It wont stop it, but it will lessen it. They are not trying to stop you from never saving crystals, but from making a determination on each crystal on the merits of each crystal only, not saving and hedging your bets.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

The old featured system where it was a high chance at one champ wasn't perfect but definitely think it's better than this.

I agree 100%
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,246 ★★★★★
    They can't really control how people spend their Shards. Nor was that the goal in refraining from announcing the Champs. They made the comment that it's not healthy for the game. There are a few reasons I can think of for this. In any event, they just don't want to encourage it. Quite obviously people will still hoard either way.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

They can't really control how people spend their Shards. Nor was that the goal in refraining from announcing the Champs. They made the comment that it's not healthy for the game. There are a few reasons I can think of for this. In any event, they just don't want to encourage it. Quite obviously people will still hoard either way.

I'm intrigued by that. So what are these 'reasons' you can think of?
  • Options

It's not good for the servers for one thing. For another, it stifles overall progress. It also limits the Champs that are being distributed and circulating in the game. We're meant to have a range. Not oodles of the same few.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The new 5* featured was leaked. It's horrible lol. Back to basics for me.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

I personally really like the new featured crystal (according to the leaked info). It's just over a 4% chance for Blade, alongside a fair few other champs that I'd really like. And I have none of the champions in that pool as 5* champions.
    I wouldn't say it's overall 'good' or 'bad', but I personally like the champions it offers and, if the pool stays the same as what the leaks are saying they'll be, I will personally be spending all my shards on featured crystals. But you guys do you.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

The new 5 feature was leaked horrible.
    My kid wants a ebony maw. I told him he wasnt good he responds but hes ebony MAW.

You just cant argue with a 5 year olds logic.
    I'll spin em I like risks
    I can’t imagine your interactions with a 5 year old boy. Don’t be too hard on him
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Seems pretty lame that new champs are throttled so hard. Non-whales should have a little bit better opportunity to get something new once in a while. The game doesn’t always need to be so painful. Maybe the old feature system was flawed but this doesn’t seem any better. Somewhere in the middle of the 2 would probably be about right.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Seems pretty lame that new champs are throttled so hard. Non-whales should have a little bit better opportunity to get something new once in a while. The game doesn’t always need to be so painful. Maybe the old feature system was flawed but this doesn’t seem any better. Somewhere in the middle of the 2 would probably be about right.

Old featured was 6.25x’s better than current featured. Math FTW.
  • Options

It's not good for the servers for one thing. For another, it stifles overall progress. It also limits the Champs that are being distributed and circulating in the game. We're meant to have a range. Not oodles of the same few.
    This is literally one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

It’s not good for the servers: with that same logic your champs aren’t either, better sell them so your game loads faster for you... by thousands of milliseconds that is, totally worth it.

It stifles progress: getting new god tier champs enhances progress, pulling **** tier champs out of the basic over and over stifles progress.

I could go on, but anyone with an IQ over 80 can see how these are the worst arguments of all time.
    I would respond to that, but I'm not filtering that degree of negativity. I'd be glad to expand if you would like to have a conversation that wasn't insulting.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    I was saving for cull and namor... Ironically the list being leaked early stopped my hoarding as the new featured s is not what I expected.... If anything hiding the list only prolongs peoples hoarding! If someone wants a champ from the next featured, then they'll save for them regardless of the list so prolonging the reveal truly has no impact in my opinion

Alpha Scorpion
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    New featured is possibly the worst one ever for me
  • Options
    WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Don’t go for featured?
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited June 2019

Don’t go for featured?

That depends on your roster, If you have a huge roster and have a tool box of champs that counter everything in the game, I'd go for it. Also did the leak thread get closed?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It’s not good for the servers: with that same logic your champs aren’t either, better sell them so your game loads faster for you... by thousands of milliseconds that is, totally worth it.

It stifles progress: getting new god tier champs enhances progress, pulling **** tier champs out of the basic over and over stifles progress.

I could go on, but anyone with an IQ over 80 can see how these are the worst arguments of all time.
    Multiple logical fallacies in 1, but mostly in your last sentence...

1) good for the servers. They just force opened a horde of crystals to improve server performance. That goes directly to this one.

2) no matter how you look at it you will be pulling **** tier champions, because they are not going to stack a crystal full of god tier, that pretty much destroies that argument.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Actually no Crystals you can hoard up to millions of them there is not that many champions to begin with. With that being said I honestly think saying Crystal hoarding being bad for the servers is just Kabam trying to blame us for their crappy servers.