Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

About Mysterio...

SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
So why isn't he a #Sinister Six? I'm assuming because he isn't in the Sinister Six in the MCU (as far as I know, I haven't seen FFH, yet) but Vulture was tagged as a #Sinister Six, and he wasn't part of the team at the time of him joining the game.

Thoughts? (If this has anything to do with FFH, please put spoilers in the spoiler bracket function, to avoid spoiling the film for someone and ruining their life)

Comments

• X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 1,869 ★★★★
    The game is not the same as the movie
    If you payed attention in homecoming, you could tell what they were doing already
    Kabam could want to use another member in the SS.
    Kraven, hydro man, etc.
  • My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 1,840 ★★★★
    edited July 7
    I’m disappointed Mysterio’s character didn’t pay homage to the Sinister Six a bit more. It’s as if the older comics don’t matter to Disney and they’d prefer to recreate the characters as they see fit.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Would love to hear an answer from a mod, was just curious as to why he isn't tagged as a #Sinister Six
  • X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 1,869 ★★★★

The game is not the same as the movie
    If you payed attention in homecoming, you could tell what they were doing already

Both of those statements contradict eachother.
    Sorry
    Wasn't clear
    First part was for the game, 2nd part was for the actual movies
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 7

So why isn't he a #Sinister Six? I'm assuming because he isn't in the Sinister Six in the MCU (as far as I know, I haven't seen FFH, yet) but Vulture was tagged as a #Sinister Six, and he wasn't part of the team at the time of him joining the game.

Thoughts? (If this has anything to do with FFH, please put spoilers in the spoiler bracket function, to avoid spoiling the film for someone and ruining their life)

How do u do spoilers
    Djkrdjj said:

How do u do spoilers
    Press the backwards P icon and press "Spoiler"
    Anyone? Dont wanna tag a mod, as its against forum rules...
    @Kabam Miike Why isn't Mysterio tagged as a Sinister Six?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Becuase in this game he isnt. Its really simple.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

@Kabam Miike Why isn't Mysterio tagged as a Sinister Six?

More importantly
    Why isn’t he tagged as a villain. I’m guessing he’ll get it upon release

• FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 822 ★★★

I’m disappointed Mysterio’s character didn’t pay homage to the Sinister Six a bit more. It’s as if the older comics don’t matter to Disney and they’d prefer to recreate the characters as they see fit.

And you are surprised by that? The fact that Disney is recreating the characters is because some of them are to dark to be included as-is in the “magic kingdom.”

Deadpool and Venom come to mind. The fact that they have movies does not mean that they are part of the MCU. The same can be said for the X-men. If you read the past comics, a good majority of the “heroes” are no better than the villains they fight against. Which is why they may never be included in the MCU (at least in the fashion we expect them to be).

It’s no different then what J.J Abrams did/doing to the Star Wars franchise. Declaring the expanded universe through the many wonderful novels as non-cannon. Most of those story lines are too dark/tragic for Disney’s image.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,079 ★★★★
    FR33_HUG5 said:

And you are surprised by that? The fact that Disney is recreating the characters is because some of them are to dark to be included as-is in the “magic kingdom.”

Deadpool and Venom come to mind. The fact that they have movies does not mean that they are part of the MCU. The same can be said for the X-men. If you read the past comics, a good majority of the “heroes” are no better than the villains they fight against. Which is why they may never be included in the MCU (at least in the fashion we expect them to be).

It’s no different then what J.J Abrams did/doing to the Star Wars franchise. Declaring the expanded universe through the many wonderful novels as non-cannon. Most of those story lines are too dark/tragic for Disney’s image.
    The reason Deadpool aren't apart of The MCU is because they were also under different ownerships which can't allow this to happen.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 822 ★★★

FR33_HUG5 said:

The reason Deadpool aren't apart of The MCU is because they were also under different ownerships which can't allow this to happen.
    Same can be said for X-men, Spider Man and the Fantastic Four. Yet Spider-Man appeared in the MCU prior to Disney’s acquisition of said character and the others.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

And why did you comment, because you could? Sounds simple.
    Because its the truth. They did not tag him as sinister six therefore hes not in this iteration of the game. If you want one that is go play strike force. He will be there.
    Yeah, um, he IS Mysterio in this game too. Lol. I was just curious as to WHY he isnt tagged as a SS. Vulture was, and he isnt a Sinister Six villian at the time he was added into the game.

Just saying "he isn't because he isn't" is not helpful or constructive for this thread.

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Because its the truth. They did not tag him as sinister six therefore hes not in this iteration of the game. If you want one that is go play strike force. He will be there.
    Yeah, um, he IS Mysterio in this game too. Lol. I was just curious as to WHY he isnt tagged as a SS. Vulture was, and he isnt a Sinister Six villian at the time he was added into the game.

Just saying "he isn't because he isn't" is not helpful or constructive for this thread.
    No it really is. Kabam and marvel decide together and agree on what tags are given to all champs. So they agreed together that hes not part of the sinister six this time. Same way they decided stark spiderman is not tagged as avenger.
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Kabam and marvel decide together and agree on what tags are given to all champs. So they agreed together...
    Blah blah. Thats not the reason though. Im asking for why, not some "they did it because they decided on it". Thanks. Im interested in an actual reason.

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Kabam and marvel decide together and agree on what tags are given to all champs. So they agreed together...
    Blah blah. Thats not the reason though. Im asking for why, not some "they did it because they decided on it". Thanks. Im interested in an actual reason.
    That is the actual reason theyve given several times when someone asks why

Since you dont beleive me. This is from the thread about why stealth spidey isnt an avenger
    I'm still looking for an answer from an actual mod, if that is the reason, okay, but I know I'm not the only one who feels like there may be another reason behind it.

I am aware the Battlerealm is a different place.
  • MassapealMassapeal Posts: 85
    edited July 13
    The developers don't want him listed as a villain. Mysterio being in the Sinister Six would make him a villain. If you read the text during this month's quest, its clear he's being forced to cause trouble by the Contest's spell, not because he's intentionally up to no good.
    Massapeal said:

If you read the text during this month's quest, its clear he's being forced to cause trouble by the Contest's spell, not because he's intentionally up to no good.

I'm aware of that, but Mysterio could still be a villian, he is Mysterio after all.
    edited July 14
    FR33_HUG5 said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Yet Spider-Man appeared in the MCU prior to Disney’s acquisition of said character and the others.
    Spidey still belongs to Sony, they just let Disney borrow him.
    Alright looks like Mysterio is changed to at least a #Villian