**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

VTD has to be the best champ in the game.

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
I have 15% left to go on exploring act 5 and I have used basically only him(Ghost is an amazing backup) but I have used barely any resources. Can any champ do that or am I jus riding this dudes tentacles too hard?

Comments

• Options
    Drooped2 said:

I love him but stark can do it too that's who I used at the time.

Blade probably as well.

But yes vtd is amazing in everyway. Hes been in aq alot of a lane clear for me lately(low on content)

Would love a high star stark. It’s just so awesome having this duck man he’s clearing so much content for me
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yeah he just carried me thru act 4 and going to do lots of act five with him
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    My unawakened 5/50 has got me through a lot of this month's UC EQ while my corvus is in AQ or war.

I grinded 13 million for his 4* on my main account and everyone in my alliance thought I was nuts when I used a cosmic gem on him
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

The_One said:

My unawakened 5/50 has got me through a lot of this month's UC EQ while my corvus is in AQ or war.

I grinded 13 million for his 4* on my main account and everyone in my alliance thought I was nuts when I used a cosmic gem on him

I waited on his basic got the 4 used a gem
    Got the 5 from a dungeon crystal used a gem(had 4 cosmic gems at the time)took him r3.

Then pulled a 6
    Might r4 the 5 anyways
    One for every occasion 👍🏻
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Quick update. I’m off the ducks nuts.
    I’m on Captain Sparkles now.

why revive an old post
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Ahitlaw Captain Sparkles freaking rocks. Just wait until you pull Doom and BWCV if you haven't pulled them yet, I use both all the time
  • Options
    I love him in dungeons usually can end up carry my teammate for another few rooms even if the boss is linked
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Try using VtD in Act 6.
  • Options

@Ahitlaw Captain Sparkles freaking rocks. Just wait until you pull Doom and BWCV if you haven't pulled them yet, I use both all the time

I need both of them that would be awesome
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    RoninMan said:

Try using VtD in Act 6.

VTD was my mvp for cavalier actually. Plus explored all of act 5 with barely resources used
  • Options
    RoninMan said:

Try using VtD in Act 6.

Why wouldn't VtD work in Act 6? Granted, there are many fights I wouldn't use him in, but that's true for every champ. If you ramp him up with a lot of heal and power gain there are a lot of fights where VtD would be saving potions on otherwise straight forward fights.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

It took a few times to read that sentence. Thought you might have forgotten a comma. Nope. Lol.
    Lmao if this was for English class yeah
    Well, there's a difference between "I'm off, the ducks nuts."....and "I'm off the ducks nuts.".
    Hahaha.
  • Options

Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

It took a few times to read that sentence. Thought you might have forgotten a comma. Nope. Lol.
    Lmao if this was for English class yeah
    Well, there's a difference between "I'm off, the ducks nuts."....and "I'm off the ducks nuts.".
    Hahaha.
    Hahaha I didn’t catch that

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

RoninMan said:

Try using VtD in Act 6.

Why wouldn't VtD work in Act 6? Granted, there are many fights I wouldn't use him in, but that's true for every champ. If you ramp him up with a lot of heal and power gain there are a lot of fights where VtD would be saving potions on otherwise straight forward fights.
    He does work. I used him in 6.2 he slayed the sentinels and ghost boss
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

He's Abandoned the Symbiote Squad, Shame Him! 😂

Jk, I love Cap Marvel too but VtD got the Rank 5 over her with no regrets on my end.
  • Options
    solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    VtD is brilliant but not everywhere.. depends what buffs you’ll collect. Can be a beast or you can lose if you get few times in a row buffs you don’t want to (which will be preventing you from using SP).

I personally used ONLY Aegon to fully explore Act5 and complete 6.1
  • Options
    solmyrair said:

VtD is brilliant but not everywhere.. depends what buffs you’ll collect. Can be a beast or you can lose if you get few times in a row buffs you don’t want to (which will be preventing you from using SP).

I personally used ONLY Aegon to fully explore Act5 and complete 6.1

I always stall on the first fight to get 3 Buffs, and if I keep getting a bunch of Armor Up or PBC Buffs i just restart the Quest because it's still the first fight.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    He’s great once ramped but I hate the ramp up you need. It’s so long and painful. I would find myself why I didn’t just bring any other champ and get it done in half the time. I’ve only used my 6* once in Act 6 and after that the utility required and healthpools just did not give legitimate space to ramp up for me
  • Options

He’s great once ramped but I hate the ramp up you need. It’s so long and painful. I would find myself why I didn’t just bring any other champ and get it done in half the time. I’ve only used my 6* once in Act 6 and after that the utility required and healthpools just did not give legitimate space to ramp up for me

Stall on the first fights, his Ramp Up is So Easy if you do it right.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

RoninMan said:

Try using VtD in Act 6.

Perhaps for the “standard fights” which are few and far in between he can be decent. But having explored 6.1, 6.3, and 90% through 6.2 I can’t say that I ever would’ve chose him other champs. And I have a 6* version of him so that’s kind of saying something. He just has virtually no utility that is highly sought after in Act 6. No buff/power control, no immunities, a ton of buffs to exploit both from EMP and pilfer, no evade/auto block/miss counter, no regen control. There’s just a long list of utilities that are very useful to have in Act 6 and he possesses none.
    Ahitlaw said:

DNA3000 said:

RoninMan said:

Try using VtD in Act 6.

He does work. I used him in 6.2 he slayed the sentinels and ghost boss
    That’s 6.1. Act 6 ramps up quite a bit after that.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Love her. Just pulled her recently, used a gem and took her to R5. Wish I had a 5* or 6* NF for her.
  • Options
    @RoninMan yeah I see your point, it’s why I never took him to R5, at the time of this post I truly believed he was the best and I will never downgrade him in any way lol. Atm my fav champs are my first 3 r5s(aegon,Ghost,sparkles) soon on that list is warlock and nick fury. Both them duped at R4 jus waitin on cats
  • Options
    Ahitlaw said:

@RoninMan yeah I see your point, it’s why I never took him to R5, at the time of this post I truly believed he was the best and I will never downgrade him in any way lol. Atm my fav champs are my first 3 r5s(aegon,Ghost,sparkles) soon on that list is warlock and nick fury. Both them duped at R4 jus waitin on cats

Those are some fantastic champs for sure.
  • Options
    @LibertyPrimeV1 im not off the bandwagon lol jus not on it as hard haha @LeNoirFaineant so worth it man, prayers you get yo ur NF soon
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Can any champ do that or am I jus riding this dudes tentacles too hard?

So...let’s talk word choice...

Would love a VtD for questing especially V2
  • Options
    TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    VTD is a cheat code for 5.3. I started 5.3 earlier this week, haven't used any units yet(upto the last quest) only used a couple revives she I messed up
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Awesome glad there’s much more love for the duck than there was. I FOUGHT FOR
    HIS RECOGINITION!