**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Casual Playing Options

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
I started playing about 3 years ago, gave up about a year ago, and am now looking to return to the game.

I'm not interested in competitive alliance playing any more due to time constraints so I'm looking to play the game somewhat retired.

What I'm unsure about, however is whether to do that in a normal "(Semi-)retired" alliance where AQ/AW is optional but still at a relatively strong level, or whether it might be more enjoyable to join up with a relatively low-level alliance and help them out.

I would like to hear from people who have done either of those options (especially the latter) and let me know what it's practically like.

My concern with being in a retired alliance is that I'll either get bored of only arena & whatever solo content I can do, or struggle to handle what's necessary to do their AQ/AW.

Plus I remember back when my old alliance was still at low levels and we had stronger players help us out, I'd like to give back. I realise that a weaker alliance will have lower alliance rewards like Summoner Advancements etc, but I'm OK with that as I'm playing pretty casually anyway.

Comments

• King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    Join low level alliance . Although you will feel little boring but don't needed to be stressed out .Being in alliance is good .
    You can join my alliance we do map4 and were in silver 1 in last war season .
    We hit rank rewards in SA .
    Alliance tag is DITKO .
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    I reccomend joining a lower alliance as well. I been in, and still could be in a platinum alliance, but I'm in a silver alliance.
    It does get boring, but you get lots of alliance war MVPs and kills which makes you feel good even though you are in a low alliance.
    You still get decent rewards, but nothing near the gold/platinum rewards, but that's what you give up.
    And you won't have any problem joining a low alliance because lower alliances are always looking for big hitters.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    What I did for a while was bounce around noob alliances and carry AW, or get some of my friends to start playing and shepherd them in their ally. That was alright but it was hard to commit when nobody would get on for AQ to even finish it, or people would die at r1 4* Hawkeyes in War. Hanging with my “noob” friends was fun though. They are pretty good now.

Now I’m in a chill alliance [YaGod] that doesn’t have mandatory AQAW, no donations or line and average 400k BHR If you were interested. Friendly fellas too. It’s pretty great, we run low Maps to keep glory amounts decent, we typically get good milestones just from people playing around, and there is literally no stress. Just let someone know if you are going on vacation and ur good.

So I’m basically in the same boat as you. Noncompetitive but still interested in playing the game.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Elektra gang pull up
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    I call my alliance "active retirement. We're all there because real life comes first, and if you can't log on for a day or so, so be it. If you are going on vaca, let us know so we won't kick you for being gone a week.

We do map 2 for AQ because a majority can just plow through without waiting on nodes. So it's easy to do without having to coordinate. We save for every third SA and put up from 500k to 750k on the on one. Have no real requirements otherwise. No war because no one is going to coordinate. Every time someone suggests it, I say sure. I'll make you an officer and you can try and coordinate a bg. But it never materializes.

The rest you do what you want. Some alliance events we kick butt. Most of them we do enough to get the full energy refill milestone. I'll push people every now and then if there's a milestone worth getting.

The more that share the attitude of still helping where they can for the benefit of the alliance, things get easier. In some cases, everyone doing a little, helps everyone work less hard to get more.

I've got two guys that haven't been on in 10 days with no communication so I'll be kicking them with AQ starting.

Feel free to look me up in game. Same name there. And same name on line. Alliance is open so anyone can join.