**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Worth investing in the game today?

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @AlphA101 spending in this game is a short cut without question. There are a lot of garbage offers you should avoid and some good ones that are worth it if you don't mind spending. I'm 100% free to play and have been for some time as it makes for better domestic tranquility lol. But I appreciate people who spend as we wouldn't have a game otherwise. If you have disposable income you don't mind spending and you like the game, get deals that will help you advance.
  • I respect that many people grind on this game for years. But that honestly sounds like a long time. I wish there was a way for kabam to make things easier for beginners. Because I don't think people should be playing for years just to see what it looks like in the end. But I still love the game anyways.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I've spent some decent money on this game over the years. Worth it is all relative. You can earn units to get your masteries in order so I would just grind arena for that.

The only time I spend money is for awakening gems or rank ups but even those are a gamble. I have on multiple occasions bought awaken gems never getting the class I wanted.

I enjoy the game and I spend on it to support it. It's all personal choice and people should spend or not whatever they feel comfortable in doing so.
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    AlphA101 said:

Ever since I started this thread and since all the time that has elapsed , today atleast for me , I know it’s NOT worth spending on this game , just because kabam can adjust any champ , anytime and that simply dosent look right ! Moreover , Inputs such as parries keep failing for no reason , just to increase pots use

Sorry , can’t spend , won’t spend

Yeah man, you do you

The adjusting of champs have been good, lots of older champs have become a lot better and Colossus is even a favorite now.

Cull Obsidian and Namor were the ones that really sparked a fire, but kabam gave the option to sell them.

I can’t speak for Namor because I haven’t ranked him up, but Cull is actually better now, I didn’t sell him and love playing him.

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Whatever you do don't spend is not worth it
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Definitely not worth it. There is rampant cheating and fraud going on in this game with mercs and pilots so it's hard to justify spending just to see this behavior go on unchecked. And don't even try bringing it up in the forums, the posts get deleted with the quickness.
  • HalasterHalaster Posts: 27
    Don't go suicides before near max level, you will lack points to do it properly.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    I would definitely not spend money on unlocking suicide masteries. I have them unlocked and don't use them anymore. Recoil pisses me off too much.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    lol anyone realize that it's an old post?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I don’t think they have
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

Im currently at lvl 48 and wrking on exploring act 4. I cannot finish master eq and it’s been around 3 months I started. The game is already 4 years old and prolly by year we will have act 6 completed by some players.

So is it worth investing close to around $500 to unlock all the masteries, since there is no way to try some expensive masteries and see if you really want to purchase them? For example I could spend on unlocking double suicides and recovery , WP and even coagulate and then later find it’s not really to my liking.

So I’m pretty confused right now . Let alone the gripes people have everyday with aq and aw.

There is no way you should be spending $500 on masteries, lots are NOT needed at all. At level 48, forget about suicides, you need to build up your champs, and once you got some 5/65s then you can consider suicides.
    Suicides won't help much for you finish master EQ either, in fact, they would hurt you with your low level champs.

Heck, I would say, stay free to play until you get to level 60, which by then you will hopefully be able to do uncollected content, then you can revisit spending on this game.
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    edited April 2020

I knew it was older but i thought gamer guy was the op (same profile pic), should have spotted it but why did he revive this post?

~

And just for the record, it’s okay to spend, I haven’t in a while but it helped me a lot and might do it in the future. These guys with their f2p badge of honor and conspiracy theories are toxic.

Don’t spend if you don’t want too, spend if you want, it doesn’t make you a better/worse person but whales keep this game running, so I am happy with them
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Honestly the game is getting real stale for me...newer champs dont come at all and I can't drop thousand on cav crystals or put up 60m points in the arena, even their cash offers never really give you the 5* version , just chances for all that money ! Seriously? Take 50$ and yet I can't have a guaranteed 5* version ?

Maxing out champs takes quite awhile and dont get me started on how it takes several months to get 10k 6* shards only to pull rhino and miles Morales

No thanks, my wallet is closed
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

Just because it was started months ago doesn't mean it isn't still relevant 🤷🏻‍♂️