**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does this count as account sharing?

My best friends phone is broken. It will be a couple weeks before he gets a replacement. And the temp phone he got does not support contest. I'd love to let him log in on my phone once a day so he dont miss the calendars, but we are concerned this would violate your terms. I would not be playing his account, he will. I dont know what kind of an answer you could give us, I know you dont wanna give away your methods, but any kind of answer would be appreciated. Thank you kabaam team. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Account Sharing involves using someone else's Account. As long as they're the owner, then no. It's not Account Sharing.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

They would probably see that as piloting.

I don't think they would see that as piloting, but it may very well raise some red flags in whatever system they use to detect piloting.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

My best friends phone is broken. It will be a couple weeks before he gets a replacement. And the temp phone he got does not support contest. I'd love to let him log in on my phone once a day so he dont miss the calendars, but we are concerned this would violate your terms. I would not be playing his account, he will. I dont know what kind of an answer you could give us, I know you dont wanna give away your methods, but any kind of answer would be appreciated. Thank you kabaam team. @Kabam Miike

Strictly according to the letter of the law, this is not account sharing.

I can't speak to Kabam's enforcement system nor can I speak for Kabam itself, but I do know that in the past when asked about similar situations Kabam moderators have stated that situations like this are not account sharing, and would not be automatically flagged as account sharing. The similar situation discussed was two people living in the same house sharing the same device but playing different accounts.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I say don’t risk it.

RNG will probably find you guilty of something.
  • Options
    RNG is not responsible for disciplinary action.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

RNG is not responsible for disciplinary action.

Because if RNG I didn’t know what your response would be.
  • Options
    Lol. Random Number Generator. It's the system that's used to award random prizes in the game. It's also used in a number of Abilities with Champs. That's not a system that can be used for detection.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Lol. Random Number Generator. It's the system that's used to award random prizes in the game. It's also used in a number of Abilities with Champs. That's not a system that can be used for detection.

r/wooooosh

Kabam can see log in geological data for each person. Now if you guys have played together in close proximity and even on the same networks a device ID probably wouldn’t raise flags. But if you guys are cities, states, land masses apart, that would flag most definitely. But real life personal standing next to you, I don’t think it would.

But don’t take my word for it.
  • Options
    I understand there was a joke in there. I also know that some may be reading this who don't understand. It's better to provide the information anyway so that people who aren't aware have some insight.
    As for the subject, people share devices all the time.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Doesn’t your friend know ANYONE with a device that doesn’t play mcoc? Be the safer route in my opinion.

🐻
  • Options
    MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    It wouldn't be account sharing however on kabam's end it would look like sharing. Good luck convincing them otherwise
  • Options
    Hey guys, it's not against our Terms of Service to share your device with another player.

Provided you're only accessing your own account, and the other person is only accessing their account, you have nothing to worry about. However, you should always ensure that you log out of your account when finished playing if you are sharing a device.

If you're ever unsure whether or not something may be a violation of our Terms of Service, you can review them at the link below.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en

If you'd like clarification about anything mentioned in our Terms of Service, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team for assistance. You can contact them by clicking HERE.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact our Support Team from within the game, simply click on the gear shaped icon, located in the top left corner of the Home screen. From there, tap the button which says “Support”, then tap the button that says “Need more help? Contact us”.
This discussion has been closed.