**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vpn

roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
How does a VPN affect the login for MCOC?

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Anyone?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Depends on the vpn, is it split tunnel or not. In general though it just changes your IP address that you are coming from and where the connection is coming form, location.
    Meaning kabam is unable to detect the IP address to further strengthen the account security?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    roberto94 said:

Meaning kabam is unable to detect the IP address to further strengthen the account security?

I dont understand the question... I am sure they can, but they allow you to use vpns. Even still the allowance of vpns is not going to weaken security.
    Ah well in one way you basically said the same as my question but explained it better. Thanks for the reply
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    roberto94 said:

Kabam doesn't care what address people come from. A lot of people seem to think this, but it doesn't make sense for Kabam to care about your IP address. MCOC is a mobile game, so they have to presume a lot of people are connecting from either mobile data connections or random wifi hotspots. When you connect from mobile data connections using your cellular provider, your (routable) IP address changes all the time. You aren't even guaranteed to have the same IP address from one hour to the next while sitting in the same spot continuously.

For that matter, just sitting at home using your own wifi router depending on where you live and who your internet service provider is, your own internet IP address isn't guaranteed to remain fixed either. Where I live IP address are semi-stable: they can remain the same for months and sometimes years. But they can also just change at the whim of the provider. I know people who see their internet IP address change sometimes monthly.

If you're using a VPN for your own personal security reasons, it won't interfere with the game. If you're using a VPN to try to hide something from Kabam itself when you play the game, that won't work. The only piece of information you're hiding from them is something they don't really care about anyway.