**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold 1 with 1 BG for AW season

Just curious if anyone knows if its possible to run 1 bg for AW an still finish in Gold 1.

Comments

• Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★

yes we are a gold ally an our top guys stay in gold weve only ran 1 bg for ages

You guys get gold 1 or just like gold 2 or 3
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you had a high enough multiplier and you won all or most of your wars I would think so. If you could find out what the point threshold was for the bottom of gold 1 last season it would be easy to figure out.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★

If you had a high enough multiplier and you won all or most of your wars I would think so. If you could find out what the point threshold was for the bottom of gold 1 last season it would be easy to figure out.

Thanks for the help
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

My recollection was that the bottom of Gold 1 was somewhere around 6.7 million up to season eight. Assuming the cutoff is similar, the most points a single battlegroup can consistently get is probably just shy of 50k; 100k if you win. If you win all twelve wars that would be 1.2 million points raw, which means your multiplier would have to average about 5.6. That's mathematically possible for an alliance at tier 3 or higher.

At least, once. If you keep winning every war you won't be in tier 3 for long. Eventually a tier 3 alliance that tries this is going to either become a tier 2 alliance or they are going to lose. If the alliance only wins half its wars on average, the minimum multiplier necessary becomes 7.4. Since rating can no longer go down in the off season, for an alliance to sustain gold 1 with one battle group they would have to be tier 2 or higher.

It is theoretically possible for an alliance to bounce between tier 3 and tier 2 and make gold 1, but they would have to spend a lot more time in tier 2 than tier 3.