**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can we change the color of the damage indicator so we can identify the type of damage dealt?

DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Every damage dealt is shown as a red number. However, it gets confusing since there's multiple types of damages. Most notably, it's sometimes hard to determine what is considered energy damage vs what is considered physical. I think a contrasting color from red, white, and green would be nice when landing energy attacks (blue?). As for damage over time, it might be a bit too much to add a 5th color but I wouldnt mind having it as an optional change.

BONUS: Can we get a 1v1 practice arena for testing new champs? Maybe where we can choose who we fight, the masteries, etc with no cost OR rewards? I like beating up RoL WS but I also would like to beat up other champs 😂

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019

We already do..
    Grey/ white text is regular hits
    Yellow is crit
    Brown is fury buff
    Red is from outside sources from regular hits
    I guess the red ones are a bit confusing especially when debuffs stack but it doesn’t seem like anything important

"Most notably, it's sometimes hard to determine what is considered energy damage vs what is considered physical."

I'd prefer it if we didnt have to guess or look up online what damage is energy damage. Especially since you shouldnt need to visit a forum for this. Also would help put into perspective how much energy damage comes into play during fights since it's in real time juxtaposed to all the other indicators. And lastly, I dont see how this would hurt the game other than potential bugs. But literally anything can introduce bugs.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Honestly I kinda like this idea. It'd mainly be nice for the champs that have a mix of energy/physical attacks.
  • Options

We already do..
    Yellow is crit
    Brown is fury buff
    I guess the red ones are a bit confusing especially when debuffs stack but it doesn’t seem like anything important

"Most notably, it's sometimes hard to determine what is considered energy damage vs what is considered physical."

I'd prefer it if we didnt have to guess or look up online what damage is energy damage. Especially since you shouldnt need to visit a forum for this. Also would help put into perspective how much energy damage comes into play during fights since it's in real time juxtaposed to all the other indicators. And lastly, I dont see how this would hurt the game other than potential bugs. But literally anything can introduce bugs.
    Yeah it could cause visual bugs
    Hate using Medusa and having to stack all those bleeds. They deal nice damage overall but it’s so hard too look at the opponent
    Making energy damage purple would be a nice start
    The damage over time ones I'd prefer to be optional. If not possible just keep it red
  • Options
    edited August 2019

We already do..
    Yellow is crit
    Brown is fury buff

Yeah it could cause visual bugs
    Hate using Medusa and having to stack all those bleeds. They deal nice damage overall but it’s so hard too look at the opponent
    Making energy damage purple would be a nice start
    The damage over time debuffs I'd prefer to be optional. If not possible, I'd rather keep them red (unless it's energy damage).

Ideally I'd want to have the option to have all identifier colors optional plus be able to place them somewhere (like above the HUD). But that more of a suggestion for a distant future rather than a current request
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    There is too many types of damage for a different colour.

Shock
    Bleed
    Normal
    Fury
    Cruelty
    Poison
    Coldsnap

Probably missing others.

Would be like watching a rainbow dancing during the fight depending on who you’re using.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

There is too many types of damage for a different colour.

Shock
    Bleed
    Normal
    Fury
    Cruelty
    Poison
    Coldsnap

Probably missing others.

Would be like watching a rainbow dancing during the fight depending on who you’re using.

"As for damage over time, it might be a bit too much to add a 5th color but I wouldnt mind having it as an optional change."

I think adding one more color for energy damage isnt too crazy. So that one im all for. But damage over time would be nice if the player can choose whether or not they want to change the colors. Although idk if having the colors optional be possible, so if only energy damage can get a new color i think thatll be just fine
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    If this materializes, can we have pink, purple, turquoise, and when Modok/Korg swears, have it in rainbow?

Would love the text appearing like it came out from My Little Pony.