Champion Spotlight - Sunspot

2»

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,129 Guardian
    Lvernon15 said:

Werewrym said:

Lvernon15 said:

Werewrym said:

So I'm curious how his sig will scale. Obviously the only thing that can change is the number of extra solar charges he can have, so what does this mean for the use of sig stones? If sig 1 gives him 1 extra solar charge and sig 200 gives him 30 extra, does this mean 170 of his sig levels do nothing other then boost his prestige?

They’ll likely increase it in decimals but some stones will done nothing at all
    Maybe, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense as you can't have a fraction of a charge.
    It makes more sense than it going up like 1,1,1,1,2, even though in practice it would work that way
    Probably yeah, I guess his sig just seems odd for scaling purposes.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,893 ★★★
    edited August 8
    Werewrym said:

Lvernon15 said:

Werewrym said:

So I'm curious how his sig will scale. Obviously the only thing that can change is the number of extra solar charges he can have, so what does this mean for the use of sig stones? If sig 1 gives him 1 extra solar charge and sig 200 gives him 30 extra, does this mean 170 of his sig levels do nothing other then boost his prestige?

Maybe, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense as you can't have a fraction of a charge.
    Sure you can. IMIW has a Sig that grants him decimal points worth of Armour.

If you gain 3.9 stacks of armour then in an actual fight you only get 3, but you can see how close you are to getting 4 with just a few more Sig levels. It'll be the same with Sunspot.

It's a bit weird having synergies affected by the Sig level, though. I guess that's going to be a new thing we'll see again...
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,129 Guardian

Werewrym said:

Lvernon15 said:

Werewrym said:

Sure you can. IMIW has a Sig that grants him decimal points worth of Armour.

If you gain 3.9 stacks of armour then in an actual fight you only get 3, but you can see how close you are to getting 4 with just a few more Sig levels. It'll be the same with Sunspot.

It's a bit weird having synergies affected by the Sig level, though. I guess that's going to be a new thing we'll see again...
    My point is that charges work as a whole number. Obviously in the description it can say "3.x" but ultimately that translates to 3 charges when you're in an actual fight. I honestly didn't remember IMIW sig description so I didn't remember we had something like this in the game already.

My original point, however, was basically stating that how Sunspot's sig ability works there will essentially be 160 of his sig levels which do nothing (besides increase synergy effectiveness) because in game it won't translate to more charges. With IMIW you at least get more power gain per sig level.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 66
    edited August 10
    Honestly, you did a fantastic job with Sunspot !
    His animations are on another level, in fact when I first fought him it looked like my own champ was made of wood, he jumps around so smoothly, everything is so 'organic' it looks amazing. I can see myself using him a lot if I can get my hands on this champ :)