**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Count Me as 'Yes" on the proposed Subscriber format

MCOC is a great game, probably one of the giants among phone games and merits a subscriber option, for a few extra goodies.

Also count me as one who would hope that Kabam allocates some of that big money on hiring the brightest and the best to resolve the years-long stuttering, lagging issues that many iOS users have been tolerating for a long time.

Otherwise, keep up the good work guys, I know folks, including myself, probably don't say that enough.

Comments

• EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Are you talking about the Summoner Sigil?
    10$ a month for a bit of extra inventory space and gold dungeons, a thing we technically have already with arena grinding..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Are you talking about the Summoner Sigil?
    10$ a month for a bit of extra inventory space and gold dungeons, a thing we technically have already with arena grinding..

For someone already at the level cap and who plays a lot, those two aren't likely to be the most interesting things in the sub. I'm more interested in the Black-ISO market and the solo event. If you're someone who plays a lot and grinds a lot, the Black-ISO market opens interesting options. If you're someone who spends anyway, the solo event in effect turns the subscription into a better than average value monthly cash offer. The combination of the two probably makes the offer interesting for a significant percentage of the playerbase.
    True. For example, for someone at the Cavalier level, they can trade 2k 4* Shards for 1k 5*. Even with a Max Sig, that's a 450 Shard increase. Plus the discount on Featured Crystals. Of course, that depends on whether they like the pool or not.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    One big issue is - so many think the additions should already be in the game.

But just imagine they were; and all those you want for free were changed to even better things, your outrage would just be the same.

So it’s a lose lose really from Kabam, even though I think the financial gain will be amazing and the majority moaning will subscribe anyway.

But yeah, what do you want them to give for £10 a month? Because I’m sure it energy was 5min, inventory got a 25% boost, gold quest was all added now; whatever else would of been added in the subscription service would be moaned about too.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

But yeah, what do you want them to give for £10 a month?

That's easy. Something I don't want, but can claim is worth buying anyway. Isn't that what everyone wants every game company to sell?

Here's how this works in practice. Let's try to sell something that offers a small advantage in the game. Of course, this is evil, because it is pay to win. So we sell customization options instead. This is greedy, because you're offering no value for the cash. So we sell convenience options to avoid being evil or greedy. This of course is stupid, because now you're selling things everyone is just supposed to have.

Oh, and no matter which one you do, you're also desperate for cash and proving the game is on its last legs, because no successful game tries to make money by being evil, greedy, or stupid.

Also, if you don't set the price to what I think is correct, that's shady.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★

But just imagine they were; and all those you want for free were changed to even better things, your outrage would just be the same.

So it’s a lose lose really from Kabam, even though I think the financial gain will be amazing and the majority moaning will subscribe anyway.

But yeah, what do you want them to give for £10 a month? Because I’m sure it energy was 5min, inventory got a 25% boost, gold quest was all added now; whatever else would of been added in the subscription service would be moaned about too.

What are you even saying?
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

That's easy. Something I don't want, but can claim is worth buying anyway. Isn't that what everyone wants every game company to sell?

Here's how this works in practice. Let's try to sell something that offers a small advantage in the game. Of course, this is evil, because it is pay to win. So we sell customization options instead. This is greedy, because you're offering no value for the cash. So we sell convenience options to avoid being evil or greedy. This of course is stupid, because now you're selling things everyone is just supposed to have.

Oh, and no matter which one you do, you're also desperate for cash and proving the game is on its last legs, because no successful game tries to make money by being evil, greedy, or stupid.

I just asked in another thread and the mod responded that mcoc has a long way to go , so I’m not sure what you mean by last legs??

AlphA101 said:

DNA3000 said:

I just asked in another thread and the mod responded that mcoc has a long way to go , so I’m not sure what you mean by last legs??

He wasn't being literal. He was playing the "Let's follow that line of thinking." game.
    Not that he's necessarily playing with people. Just my own description.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

DNA3000 said:

I think you missed the context of the post....
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

That it was a lose lose for Kabam.

Most are moaning that the 25% inventory, gold quest, should already be in the game.

But if they added that and then replaced those with other things in the subscription, the moaning would just carry over to that.

• Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215

Zuro said:

Most are moaning that the 25% inventory, gold quest, should already be in the game.

But if they added that and then replaced those with other things in the subscription, the moaning would just carry over to that.

There’s no telling honestly. People are only complaining because for a very long time now those were additions that everyone felt that should had been implemented a long time ago. But we have to pay for those which no one feels you should have to pay for. No one has a problem with the black iso market or the extra weekly event however, perhaps if they gave the SS a little more thought then I’m sure something could have worked with the players. Who knows though.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Agent_T said:

Zuro said:

There’s no telling honestly. People are only complaining because for a very long time now those were additions that everyone felt that should had been implemented a long time ago. But we have to pay for those which no one feels you should have to pay for. No one has a problem with the black iso market or the extra weekly event however, perhaps if they gave the SS a little more thought then I’m sure something could have worked with the players. Who knows though.
    Honestly, most think they shouldn't have to pay for anything in this game.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Agent_T said:

Zuro said:

It is a free game is it not and nobody is complaining about paying for units or anything in the units store we are complaining because the community asked for certain things to be implemented and kabam decided to finally listen and go oh but you gotta pay to have it which is total BS and you know it.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Do you work for Kabam or something? I feel like you're always pouring your heart out when people diss the company.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

They already have the the best and brightest genius who designed darkhawks null mode

They should rename is to lag mode, cause that’s all I get...
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I personally don't mind the Sigil subscription. It's not like Kabam is selling a 7* Scarlet Witch to Sigil-only players for $100 or anything crazy. Plus I do like the new champs and animations theyre putting out. My only gripe about this entire thing is the whiney pitchfork people and the condescending tools constantly bickering
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Ah okay it was a bit cluttered now I understand and yeah I agree
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★

Agent_T said:

Zuro said:

It is a free game is it not and nobody is complaining about paying for units or anything in the units store we are complaining because the community asked for certain things to be implemented and kabam decided to finally listen and go oh but you gotta pay to have it which is total BS and you know it.
    It's not BS. Just because you ask for something to be implemented, doesnt mean it has to be free. You think it should be free. Kabam doesnt. Doesn't make you right or wrong and it doesn't make Kabam right or wrong. Its just what it is. This is how a business works.