**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Mode/Quest Idea: Raids

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
Raids would be short quests, consuming no energy and bringing you to a boss immediately, and unlocked after completing Act 2. The boss would have incredibly high stats, it’s hero rating varying depending on your point in the game:
Contender: 4-6K
Proven: 7-9K
Conquerer: 14-18K
Uncollected: 40-65K
Cavalier: 80-100K
The quest would change weekly, the boss being the champion currently available in the Featured Arena. The nodes vary depending on where you are in the game. For example, Iron Man (Classic) with:

Contender:
+50% HP and Attack
+50% regeneration

Proven:
+75% HP and Attack
+50% regeneration
-10% Stun duration

Conquerer
+150% HP and Attack
+100% regeneration
+20% Armor
-20% Stun duration
Arc Overload 2.0
3rd special active

Uncollected:
+600% HP and Attack
+100% regeneration
+20% Armor
Stun immunity
Bleed immunity
Arc Overload 2.0
Aggression Armor
3rd special active

Cavalier:
+1000% HP and Attack
+100% Regeneration
+40% Armor
Debuff immunity
Aggressive
Aggression Armor
Aggression Regeneration
Unblockable Finale
3rd special active

For winning the quest, you get a Raid Crystal. A Raid Crystal is guaranteed to drop some version of the champion you defeated.

Contender Raid Crystal:
1* Iron Man: 60%
2* Iron Man: 25%
3* Iron Man: 15%

Proven Raid Crystal
2* Iron Man: 60%
3* Iron Man: 30%
4* Iron Man: 10%

Conquerer Raid Crystal:
3* Iron Man: 70%
4* Iron Man: 25%
5* Iron Man: 5%

Uncollected Raid Crystal:
4* Iron Man: 75%
5* Iron Man: 24%
6* Iron Man: 1%

Cavalier Raid Crystal:
4* Iron Man: 55%
5* Iron Man: 40%
6* Iron Man: 5%

This would allow players to get a specific champion easier if you’re fairly skilled, however you can only get the Crystal once (completion reward, there would only be one path so no exploration rewards), which means they can’t be duplicated, and there’s no guarantee that the new champion would be strong enough to actually be helpful (pulling a 4* out of a Cavalier for example) and you wouldn’t get any do-overs since you can only get the Crystal once, so they’re still slightly restricted.
This seems like it’d be a better way to get a new champion to test them out then arena. There’s no limit to how many people can get the character, it’s based more around your skill and/or roster, and as long as nothing too crazy pops up (*cough cough* 6.2 Sinister *cough*) it could actually be fun. These bosses would also be good for testing new champions you’ve recently pulled, since they would require utility to beat in addition to damage unlike RoL WS or LoL Red Hulk.
There could also be an alliance version. Enemies would be stronger, you and 2(?) other alliance members would have to take down mini-bosses with linked nodes before taking on the boss, and it would require more strategy and teamwork, but there would be better drop rates from the Crystal (and of course you’d all have to have the same title so that Contenders don’t get Uncollected Crystals).

Comments

• I think this sounds like an awesome idea, especially for people who are trying to increase their roster but not able to put up the points in arena either due to busy life circumstances or just not having the roster
  • Bossdog55555Bossdog55555 Posts: 56
    I actually really like this idea. Hopefully @Kabam Zibiit can pass it on to the game team and get something similar implemented.
  • Scrubkiller_1Scrubkiller_1 Posts: 140
    I'm pretty sure the cavalier boss is a tad overtuned, but I love the idea.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    that cavalier boss sounds like a pain in the you know what, gonna have to be very aggressive and pray he uses his specials and doesn't turtle up
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    do i only get to fight cavalier boss or can i also fight the uncollected boss
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited August 2019

that cavalier boss sounds like a pain in the you know what, gonna have to be very aggressive and pray he uses his specials and doesn't turtle up

It’s just an example.

do i only get to fight cavalier boss or can i also fight the uncollected boss

Giving somebody access to all of them seems cheap to me, there’s a chance that you’ll obtain and awaken a brand new game breaking character or get a 4* and 5* version. But I guess it would make sense since you’d have to fight multiple bosses to do that.

Looool. Did you see your drop rates man? 5% for a 6*? Kabam miike must be laughing his arse off with the team right now. 40% 5*? Are you even sober mate? How long have you played this game to think that you'll get a 40 percent droprate for a 5*? Not even the friggin cavalier crystals offer you that chance mate and you want it for free?('jjj laugh')

You can only get 1, you can only get it if you’re Cavalier, you have to beat an insanely difficult boss. I’d hardly say it’s free.
  • SarreySarrey Posts: 55
    It is a cool idea, but it will not be implemented. Since this can reduce crystal buying behaviour and the importance of arena become very less in terms of grinding for a champion.
    thank you.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I think it's more reasonable that the boss of this whole 'raid' thing would be the same as the BASIC champ. Maybe even 3 or so months after even THAT. Otherwise you get way too many people getting a brand new 5- or 6-star featured or new basic champ really early on.
    Really quite an awesome idea though, OP.
    edited August 2019

I think it's more reasonable that the boss of this whole 'raid' thing would be the same as the BASIC champ. Maybe even 3 or so months after even THAT. Otherwise you get way too many people getting a brand new 5- or 6-star featured or new basic champ really early on.
    Really quite an awesome idea though, OP.

That’s a good idea, and thanks