Suicides or Nah?

BhopBhop Member Posts: 35
Hey y'all, I've been trying to run more arena recently and have always been curious on suicides but never pulled the trigger. I've got several champs who could really benefit such as 5/65 sit 200 Omega, awakened Magik, corvus and a 6 star Angela. Even my defense wouldn't suffer much since I usually have thing, Korg magik Iceman and Medusa, all of whom have some immunity or regenerative capability.

My questions are:
1) Is it worth it in general?
2) Does it increase arena scores that much?
3) Is there an optimal jack of all trades suicide mastery setup?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★
    Is it worth it isn’t definitive, even with immunity defence they still vastly hurt awd, but based on your roster and arena grinding they can be worth the sacrifice, they make a fair boost to arena points but a huge decrease in grind time is the main appeal, there are many suicides setups, I run a versatile setup which incorporates despair and mystic dispersion along with 1 point in coagulate, it’s nostly based on your roster needs, for omega 1 point in coagulate is huge, for magik mystic dispersion is useful, it’s basef on your roster
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Member Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Biggest problem with suicides is probably recoil, so you’ll also need to consider long fights and special spamming champions. On defence, recoil tends to kill your defenders pretty easily.
    If you have willpower, double edge and liquid courage can be circumvented easily, but the extra points in willpower can be considered a downside of its own if you don’t already run it
    I can’t speak for whether or not it’s worth it, but in general, you want 1 point in recoil, maxed out liquid courage and double edge, willpower, and maybe coagulate (but it’s not really needed). Then you can dump the rest of your points in MD, Assassins, Deep Wounds, or whatever else strikes your fancy.
    As a disclaimer, I don’t run suicides, so I’m probably missing a few things, but those were what I considered when I thought about getting them
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Member Posts: 348 ★★
    1. I run full suicides and I think they are worth in general, since they boost your atack for 60%. There are some nodes and champions that will give you a hard time: Heal Block, Heal Reversal, for instance. Carnage will gain power if your opponent is bleeding. Elektra is very hard to stun if you have a debuff on you (usually bleed and/or poison) Void is a real pain, because you will start the fight degenerating if your champion is not poison and bleed immune. These are some examples. I run a R5 5* Omega Red, so he benefits a lot, since he starts the fight with Death Field active. A guy in my alliance runs suicides with Corvus and says he is great with those. About Magik, I am seriously considering R5 mine and awakening her (have a mystic AG), since she regenerates recoil, when I have the T5B. On the other hand, I had to stop using Hawkeye, since recoil is not compatible with spamming SP1. Also, suicides will make easier for players who fight your defenders in AW, because of recoil. So, in my opinion, with your roster, I think they are worth it.

2. About Arena, I would say you would get more 10-20% score. But maybe other players have a more precise idea.
  • NimorNimor Member Posts: 110
    The champs you mentioned go really well with suicides so it's a definite yes from me. I run suicides for many months now and i don't see myself removing them any time soon. The advantage is huge. All fights end really faster (which means smaller margin of error) OR and Corvus become total beasts + you get free heals for them. Last but not least arenas finish so much faster and you get a good chunk of extra points from the pi boost (mentioned 10-20% sounds about right).
    On the downside they do limit your options on what champs you can use and makes you really stingy with sps. Also the health loss is not negligible for the average champ. Expect a 12% health loss from the poison and bleed on a no immunities champ on every fight assuming you take all the bleed damage. Poison damage is pretty much equal to the willpower heal so bleed immune champs pretty much take no dot damage overall and you can further reduce the bleed damage with coagulate on the non bleed immune (still haven't decided if the points on it are worth though).
    Now about the jack of all trades i d say no. You need your standard setup of 1/3 recoil, 3/3 liquid courage, 3/3 double edge and 3/3 willpower. After that it's the old long mastery debate of what you like or what suits your roster.
  • BhopBhop Member Posts: 35
    Thanks so much y'all really insightful overall. I think I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Member Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Some champs are suicide friendly, especially robots, Ghost, and Omega Red.
    People can shrug them off or ignore them completely
    People can become stronger (OR)
    Then they get a 60% damage boost with no real penalty (besides recoil and glass canon)