Kabam

Is the only thing the moderators do any more is close threads? I still haven't seen one question about the so called beta test answered. I haven't seen one update about why 14.1 is so terrible. The only thing I have seen are post saying they are trying to find out or they just close thread completely. I do not mind use in game items. When it is my fault but when it is something out of my control. It is very aggravating. Freezing, lag, unresponsive champion's. Parry and evade not working. They know how to fix this game but they won't. I never had any of these problems til 12.0 every update since has been worse and worse.
«1

Comments

  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 89
    And I created a poll to honestly know how players feel about Kabam's work, with the expectation of contributing positively, they simply deleted the post. I did not even have time to read the justifications of who voted. It seems they only expect compliments when they do a good job, but they do not allow criticism when they fail in development.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    ralmada wrote: »
    And I created a poll to honestly know how players feel about Kabam's work, with the expectation of contributing positively, they simply deleted the post. I did not even have time to read the justifications of who voted. It seems they only expect compliments when they do a good job, but they do not allow criticism when they fail in development.

    If you open a Poll asking how people feel about their work, it is inevitably going to go south. I'm not aware of why your Thread was closed, just putting that out there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    Buster wrote: »
    Is the only thing the moderators do any more is close threads? I still haven't seen one question about the so called beta test answered. I haven't seen one update about why 14.1 is so terrible. The only thing I have seen are post saying they are trying to find out or they just close thread completely. I do not mind use in game items. When it is my fault but when it is something out of my control. It is very aggravating. Freezing, lag, unresponsive champion's. Parry and evade not working. They know how to fix this game but they won't. I never had any of these problems til 12.0 every update since has been worse and worse.

    Were you legitimately asking a question or just venting? Non-Constructive Posts and Vent Posts are not allowed.
  • BusterBuster Posts: 36
    Asking why we are not getting any answers. I wasn't venting just explaining what my game is doing. Every update seems to get worse the game was great until these last few updates.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    ralmada wrote: »
    ralmada wrote: »
    And I created a poll to honestly know how players feel about Kabam's work, with the expectation of contributing positively, they simply deleted the post. I did not even have time to read the justifications of who voted. It seems they only expect compliments when they do a good job, but they do not allow criticism when they fail in development.

    If you open a Poll asking how people feel about their work, it is inevitably going to go south. I'm not aware of why your Thread was closed, just putting that out there.

    Looking at the progressive context (failing, logically), I think they are trying to "protect themselves" from deconstructive criticism. But many of us here know that they can not avoid the inevitable, so putting off is the only option.

    No, actually. There are rules to follow on the Forum. Rules that we agree to, and they enforce when reading Threads. If there is a valid point to a Thread, people are allowed to be negative. It's not censorship. If the only purpose of the Thread is to vent about the company and the Mods, there's a good chance it won't stay open. Constructive feedback is constructive. Generating negativity is not.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    I made a poll about the game being stale and solutions of how they can freshen it up and it no longer gets bumped when people comment, but the Stan Lee poll gets bumped when people comment and that's not anymore constructive than my poll, in fact it's less constructive. I found that poll funny, I'm not angry it's still up just that mine won't get bumped.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I made a poll about the game being stale and solutions of how they can freshen it up and it no longer gets bumped when people comment, but the Stan Lee poll gets bumped when people comment and that's not anymore constructive than my poll, in fact it's less constructive. I found that poll funny, I'm not angry it's still up just that mine won't get bumped.

    That's because if 5 or more people Flag it, it gets sent to Moderation, and it doesn't move when commented on. That's not something they did. It's the mechanics of the Thread. If not, then it's a glitch. They don't remove the "bump".
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    I don't have any flags in that thread, I only have one flag and I'm pretty sure what I said was harmless, can't show you cause I don't know which comment from someones deleted thread got flagged.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    edited August 11
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I don't have any flags in that thread, I only have one flag and I'm pretty sure what I said was harmless, can't show you cause I don't know which comment from someones deleted thread got flagged.
    Then it would be a glitch. I know they don't stop Threads from being bumped. They would address it appropriately.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    Well that's fine, I just wanted to know what people thought about the game and wanted to know what people thought the game could use if anything to be better. Maybe, just maybe Kabam look at some of the polls and talk about it and maybe make decisions based off what we talk about here. If not, it could have been a fun discussion with the community anyways.

    Won't lose sleep over the in game bugs or forum bugs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Well that's fine, I just wanted to know what people thought about the game and wanted to know what people thought the game could use if anything to be better. Maybe, just maybe Kabam look at some of the polls and talk about it and maybe make decisions based off what we talk about here. If not, it could have been a fun discussion with the community anyways.

    Won't lose sleep over the in game bugs or forum bugs.

    I'm sure they don't take that personally. To the best of my knowledge, they don't have the ability to stop it from bumping. If there's an issue, they delete it or close it. You're allowed to feel that the game is stale.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about decisions of what we want in the game not decisions about closing threads or not. They say they take our suggestions and feedback to the game team but has anyone actually gotten what they suggested in this game?
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 89
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about decisions of what we want in the game not decisions about closing threads or not. They say they take our suggestions and feedback to the game team but has anyone actually gotten what they suggested in this game?

    They see a lot of good ideas and they think, "No, this idea is too good, let's do it our way."
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    edited August 11
    Only two times I remember them doing what we wanted. Once when they were gonna change the arenas to lower the grind and when they were gonna change SW and in both cases they were ready to upload and people got angry about it and they didn't go through with it.

    Funny thing about the changes, the arena one was gonna award more points per fight, longer refresh times and cost more to refresh them the more stars they had (sound familiar? It was before 5* came out)

    SW (I believe) was gonna keep her sig ability percentage I think but there was gonna be less stacks of buffs and debuffs I think.

    Now look at both of those things and tell me how people feel about them.

    But we're off topic. Guess it doesn't matter this thread might get closed soon either way.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 2,111
    ralmada wrote: »
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about decisions of what we want in the game not decisions about closing threads or not. They say they take our suggestions and feedback to the game team but has anyone actually gotten what they suggested in this game?

    They see a lot of good ideas and they think, "No, this idea is too good, let's do it our way."

    Moderation is not the same as the Dev Team. Essentially, the Mods are middle-men. They convey suggestions to the team, and they discuss it. Occasionally, the Devs circulate as well. Ideas are conveyed and considered. Naturally, not all are implemented.
  • MucegooMucegoo Posts: 1
    Como que eu vejo a data de criação de uma conta da Kabam? Estou precisando e muito pois quero muda o e-mail da minha conta Kabam. Alguém pode me ajuda?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    Man this would be easier if you spoke spanish. Habla Español?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 643
    Buster wrote: »
    Asking why we are not getting any answers. I wasn't venting just explaining what my game is doing. Every update seems to get worse the game was great until these last few updates.

    Well, there's two things. First, calling out the mods or the devs is generally not allowed. So while you can ask a question, you cannot demand answers or repeatedly ask why your question isn't being answered. Second, constructive criticism is allowed, but disguising subjective insults as constructive criticism is not. I've posted literally hundreds of posts critical of either elements of the game or the actions of the developers, and in a couple of cases even the actions of the mods. Exactly zero have been moderated or deleted. And I believe that is because I never disguise insults as criticism.

    In other words, "the game has been crashing or freezing much more often since the last update" is valid criticism. "Can anyone explain why the game completely sucks and the developers have no idea what they are doing" is not. The moment you said "they know how to fix this game but they won't" you left the safe harbor of valid constructive criticism and entered the realm of soliciting gripes. Those tend to get moderated at a much higher rate.
  • They slither around when a new event or update is released just so they can get any bugs to report back then they vanish. They only care enough to show up and interact when it's convenient for them.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 643
    ralmada wrote: »
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about decisions of what we want in the game not decisions about closing threads or not. They say they take our suggestions and feedback to the game team but has anyone actually gotten what they suggested in this game?

    They see a lot of good ideas and they think, "No, this idea is too good, let's do it our way."

    If I were currently a developer of this game, or any other game, it would be a very cold day in hell before I simply adopted a suggestion from a forum in its entirety. The fact is, that's not how suggestions and feedback works. In my current job, you can make suggestions or offer feedback, but the only thing that is going to happen with that feedback is that it will go into my head where I will incorporate that feedback into my own ideas, and that feedback may ultimately have some influence on the decisions I make, because they cause me to change my thinking. But everything I do is my decision, based on my judgment, consistent with the facts as I currently know them. If I adopt a suggestion, it is only because someone changed my mind to make me now believe that suggestion is the best possible option. More likely, I incorporate some of those ideas into my own, and while the feedback influenced my decisions it may not appear that way from the outside. The suggestion may not be recognizable when I'm finished with it.

    Having seen it from the inside, that's how game development generally works. Feedback and suggestions are incorporated into the thinking of the developers, much more rarely directly into the end product. Generally true for all game development companies everywhere. I suspect that's because any game company in which the employees are instructed to specifically find ideas from the discussion forums and implement them directly and frequently doesn't last long enough for me to have heard of them.

    As an aside, unless a developer straight up tells you so, there's no way to know if they implement your ideas or not, or if similarity to a suggestion is a coincidence. When Dr Strange was nerfed in 12.0 I posted calculations that said that the *minimum* floor his heal could justifiably be reduced to was about three times higher than what it actually was reduced to. In 12.0.1 his heal was tripled. Probably a coincidence, but I have no way to know one way or the other.
  • MacTeNakAMacTeNakA Posts: 13
    I see nothing has changed over the course of nearly half a year sobriety from the contest. Last time I checked in was the day of the massive ban, so it was hard to gauge the state of the contest from the forums. I see that the game is still buggy, players still hate being ignored by Kabam, Miike is still here, and bases are still coming LOL!

    Take a bit of advice from War Games:
    chess__professor_falken___glitch__by_lpswolfy-d6r8pai.gif
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 74
    w9xk149mrh7b.gif
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 164
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about decisions of what we want in the game not decisions about closing threads or not. They say they take our suggestions and feedback to the game team but has anyone actually gotten what they suggested in this game?

    I guess you weren't around when players suggested/demanded percentage based rank awards or when I suggested that we should have a "classic" arena along side the regular arena.

    The most famous suggestion for me was the "account-wide stamina" that was later implemented as "pym canisters".

    That wasn't my idea, I argued against it when it was first suggested, I think, around Dec 2014 or Jan 2015. The original idea given by our forum's "richard cranium" didn't give players the ability to earn stamina for free. His idea was that once you ran out, you can only get more by buying them or wait a day for it to refresh. Kabam's version allowed players to acquire stamina (aka "canisters") for free. So players whined about it because it didn't stop the grinding.

    So obviously, the "players" wanted the $$$ money $$$ version of pym canisters as proposed originally 7-8 months earlier.

    The earlier version also had one other difference -- the stamina can be used for any hero and therefore made roster size irrelevant. That part of the proposal wasn't implemented by Kabam but nobody cared about that so no complaints. The complaints were only about the grinding.

    This isn't about suggestions being implemented. IT NEVER WAS.

    It is about people's little egos getting butt hurt when either (a) their "suggestion" doesn't get implemented or (b) it gets implemented many months later and the crybaby had already quit the game by then.

  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    I started playing in June 2015. I think I do remember the percentage based rank rewards but the community says so much in such a short time I can't remember it all. @VandalSavage
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 243
    Lol... few people are started thinking like they represent Kabam and defend each n every post that is stating issues and bugs in the game , they just don't think what level of frustration this can cause ,they just start making comments and ignoring all the facts that the problems are actually exist. Stop try to act like a moderator, you are not and it's not your roll to perform. Comment only if u agree or disagree with the post , or you have any additional information to share.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 375
    edited August 12
    Then it would be a glitch. I know they don't stop Threads from being bumped. They would address it appropriately.

    Ah yes, GW knows everything.
    Thing is, discussion "sinking" is a very real thing and one of the features of vanilla forums (where this forum is hosted). Mods/Admins can "sink" a discussion with a simple click.
    sink.png
    I suspect the beta thread was sunk in a similar way (it stopped getting bumped up too)

    For those who don't know what discussion sinking is, check this link
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 359
    edited August 12
    Damn, that's what must of happened to my thread. Most likely what happend to the "Today's Update" thread. @GbSarkar
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 243
    Lol ... nice @GbSarkar
  • ijkkoijkko Posts: 9
    Kabam is making a great job :D :D
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.