**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Block damage

My heros take too much of block damage, especially She Hulk. I have block proficency and perfect block maxed out. Should i use physical and energy resistance mastery?

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    No
  • Then what should i do to take less block damage?
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Parry.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    There is really one effective solution to this issue:
    Learn to use dexterity (to avoid getting hit) and to intercept attacks. This will drastically reduce your block damage.

I know these are the best things to improve, largely because I'm not great at them myself! However, there are frequent examples of abilities and nodes that have specific effects if you learn to make use of these skills; such as Sparky, who gains Poise charges by using Dexterity; and the Aspect of War node, in which you can shut down Unstoppable opponents by intercepting their dash attacks.

Note that certain champs have high block proficiency or perfect block (or both), who can ameliorate the damage received when blocking; but if you focus on using them, then you'll be compromising your ability to learn Dex/intercepting. I speak from experience: unlearning a reliance on Parry is very hard, and Dex/int will take you much further in the game.

• There is really one effective solution to this issue:
    Learn to use dexterity (to avoid getting hit) and to intercept attacks. This will drastically reduce your block damage.

I know these are the best things to improve, largely because I'm not great at them myself! However, there are frequent examples of abilities and nodes that have specific effects if you learn to make use of these skills; such as Sparky, who gains Poise charges by using Dexterity; and the Aspect of War node, in which you can shut down Unstoppable opponents by intercepting their dash attacks.

Note that certain champs have high block proficiency or perfect block (or both), who can ameliorate the damage received when blocking; but if you focus on using them, then you'll be compromising your ability to learn Dex/intercepting. I speak from experience: unlearning a reliance on Parry is very hard, and Dex/int will take you much further in the game.

Such a great answer! Enlightened!