Sentry Sig Ability Bugged

I tried reporting this but my issue was closed. I didn't have the time to explain several more times and give them videos. Anyone here able to help?

I've been testing this with a maxed out 5/65 sig 200 sentry versus Hyperion in duels and act 6.2.4.

The following things happen:

1. Sentry's ability recovers health after a L3 from hyperion when he survives the attack as normal.
2. Sentry's ability fails to recover health at all after an L3 from hyperion .
3. Sentry's ability recovers health but the state he's in does not change after an L3 from hyperion .
4. Sentry's ability does not recover health and the state he's in does not change a after an L3 from hyperion .
5. Sentry's ability triggers during the special after going below 0%.

I've seen no connection between other aspects of the game. It's seemingly consistent for a while and then random during the next fight.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 3,153 ★★★★

I tried reporting this but my issue was closed. I didn't have the time to explain several more times and give them videos. Anyone here able to help?

I've been testing this with a maxed out 5/65 sig 200 sentry versus Hyperion in duels and act 6.2.4.

The following things happen:

1. Sentry's ability recovers health after a L3 from hyperion when he survives the attack as normal.
    3. Sentry's ability recovers health but the state he's in does not change after an L3 from hyperion .
    4. Sentry's ability does not recover health and the state he's in does not change a after an L3 from hyperion .

I've seen no connection between other aspects of the game. It's seemingly consistent for a while and then random during the next fight.

I am confused, I am not sure if you have your abilities correct, or if you are stating the issue backwards..

Sentry's Sig ability does not heal him, it has a chance to give him indestructable when he loses a combo and can keep his warps.

The only thing that heals him is Sentry's L3 (and only when below 50% life), but you keep saying after an L3 FROM hyperion
  • StarshipHULKStarshipHULK Posts: 27
    This is the way the ability has always worked for sentry. It doesn't really heal but he loses the life during the L3 and the invulnerable activates and he appears to "gain health", so used the word heal, which is usually what is used for champions when they regain health. But it's not affected by the healing talents so it's probably technically not healing.

So yeah, buggy UI from the beginning but at least it did what stated before. Except if he took too much damage from the L3 he would not activate and he would not regain the health.

Can someone who actually uses sentry comment? ( •̀ᴗ•́ )و ̑̑
    Tested again this morning against 6.2.4 Hyperion. Worked 5 times in a row and then failed once at the end of the fight.

This is the way the ability has always worked for sentry. It doesn't really heal but he loses the life during the L3 and the invulnerable activates and he appears to "gain health", so used the word heal, which is usually what is used for champions when they regain health. But it's not affected by the healing talents so it's probably technically not healing.

So yeah, buggy UI from the beginning but at least it did what stated before. Except if he took too much damage from the L3 he would not activate and he would not regain the health.

Can someone who actually uses sentry comment? ( •̀ᴗ•́ )و ̑̑

Sounds like a bug, that should not heal you, and that the sp3 ability of sentry is being applied to other characters sp3
    edited August 31
    "Signature Ability: Molecular Reformation – Reality Warps persist from fight to fight and Sentry has a chance to gain Indestructible when he loses a Combo.

When Sentry loses his Combo, he has a 100% chance to become Indestructible for 0.3 seconds per Reality Warp. Indestructible doesn’t trigger if Sentry is afflicted with a Debuff.
    At the start of a fight, if Health is above 0%, Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight."

When sentry loses his combo he goes invulnerable. When he gets hit by and L3 and loses he combo he should go invulnerable and lose 0 health. Instead, in the past, he loses health and then when the L3 is over he goes invariable and regains health. He should also revert to the state "Unyielding Fortitude.".

Now instead of getting what previously was buggy, but consistent behavior, I get all sorts of behaviors when getting hit by Hyperion's L3.

1. He loses his combo and his state does not revert to Unyielding Fortitude and he does not go invulnerable. In this case he takes damage.
    2. He loses his combo and he loses health. After the L3 he goes invulnerable and he appears to gain health but it isn't a heal. Just a glitch in UI. He reverts to Unyielding Fortitude. In this case he survives the L3.
    3. He loses his combo and takes more damage then he has life and dies instead of going invulnerable during L3 like other characters like Luke cage do. In this case he is K.O.'d
    4. He loses his combo and takes more damage then he has life and after hitting 0% mid L3 the bar appears to gain health but it is not a heal. In this case he survives the L3. In this case he sometimes reverts to Unyielding Fortitude and sometimes does not.

Previously, I would only experience 2 and 3. Now I experience 1, 2, 3, and 4. I did not think it was a bug before cause I didn't think a long standing issue like this would exist. Now I realize sentry has been bugged since I maxed him.

Also, instead of going invunerable if the L3 gives a debuff he does not, this might happen versus a character who bleeds on L3, for example. He should go invulnerable as soon as he loses his combo as stated in the description. Not after receiving the the debuff.

Please fix Sentry signature ability and clarify how it's supposed to work. It states when he loses his combo, which is at the beginning of the L3. So he should be invulnerable for the duration of the L3.

I ranked Sentry and used many sig stones to get 100% activation chance so he'd be like a Luke cage. Instead he's been buggy the entire time I've been using him.
    Lormif I don't understand what you saying. I tested this before I ranked up sentry and have been using him to tank L3's, like Luke cage, for a very long time.

Lormif I don't understand what you saying. I tested this before I ranked up sentry and have been using him to tank L3's, like Luke cage, for a very long time.

You stated healing not invulnerability. Luke cage does not gain life when he becomes invulnerable.
    See how it works for yourself here: Here is a video: 15:42 if the time link doesn't work.

See how it works for yourself here: Here is a video: 15:42 if the time link doesn't work.

the video states it has a "chance"
    Yes, a 100% chance at sig ability 200.

Yes, a 100% chance at sig ability 200.

In the video the way that works is he gained back the life that he took in the special, he didnt just regain extra health. If the L3 did not damage him there would be no life recovery.
    edited August 31
    Yeah, it's bugged for tanking L3, which is what this post is about. He no longer does what is in the video consistently and I think that was originally bugged because he should go invulnerable as soon as he loses his combo as stated in the ability instead of losing health and then regaining it. It's an invulnerability that triggers based on losing your combo.
    I have uploaded a video of recent fights in act 6.2.4 of Sentry vs Hyperion. There are many instances of buggy behavior throughout the video and many instances of previous behavior. I thought this was intended behavior but with recent news it's obvious that unless it's mentioned in the description it's not intended. This ability as described should be going invulnerable as soon as Sentry loses hiss combo at the start of a L3 and should only lose health in the event the ability does not trigger due to ability accuracy reduction or lower signature level or if Sentry is inflicted with a debuff.

You can see it working "correctly" as described in the ability description at the end of the video aside from a buggy display of the health bar where Sentry tanks an L3 from Hyperion at only 1% health. Please fix this to trigger as described without the buggy health bar display or other bugs that prevent it from working correctly.

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 762 ★★★
    Imagine having a 5/65 Sentry😫
    Here's my original Case # 05212027 conversation:

First Response

Given the variety and complexity of battle mechanics such as Masteries, Buff Nodes, Synergies, etc., we would like to gather as much detail as possible regarding your particular experience. This information will provide us invaluable context on the potential interactions between these battle mechanics.

Please take an opportunity to review the questions below. It’s okay if you are not able to answer all of the questions, however, we find that these details are the most helpful starting point when investigating concerns of this nature.

- Does this concern mainly involve a Champion’s ability, a mastery skill, a buff node, a synergy, or some other battle mechanic?
    - What were you expecting to happen?
    - What actually happened?
    - Which Champion were you using? Who else was on your team?
    - Which Champion were you battling against?
    - Which game mode (arena, alliance war, alliance quest, etc.) did this battle occur in?
    - If this battle occurred in a story quest or event quest, which one was it? (Example: Realm of Legends)
    - If the opponent was under the effect of a buff node, what were those effects or the related node number on the map?
    - Were there any boost items active during the battle?

These questions are intended as a starting point in gathering context for the reported concern. As such, we may ask additional; follow-up questions for greater detail or clarity. Finally, we would greatly appreciate any screenshots or videos you could provide that would best show exactly what happened during this battle. Images provide details of a battle that can often be missed or forgotten in the moment which can prove invaluable to the team.

With that in mind, we appreciate any information you can provide, and we thank you in advance.

Thank you for providing the requested information.

My Reply

The issue affects the champion Sentry in any game mode. In order to reproduce you need to have sentry be in a mode where he can lose his combo and trigger his signature ability. Sentry cannot trigger signature ability with debuff so fighting Hyperion who has no debuffs on L3 will reproduce.

To reproduce Sentry vs Hyperion:

1. Get 10 hits with Sentry
    2. Wait for Hyperion to gain 3 bars of power.
    3. Bait special level 3.
    4. Combo is lost during special.
    5. Battle starts after special 3 animation and sentry sig ability is not triggered and he does not heal.

What happened is previous versions is in step 5 is Sentry's sig ability is triggered and he heals all damage and is invulnerable for the duration of the buff, but only if he isn't K.O.'d during the special. This has always been a strange mechanic compared to other similar abilities like Luke Cage or Killmonger.

There are no other variables that make this happen. Tested and confirmed in duels.

Second Response

For us to conduct a further investigation and to verify what's going on, I would like to get more information on your fight so we can investigate as we will file a report of the incident. So that we can see what you are seeing, would you be able to send us a video of this? If you can, I recommend sharing the video through Google Drive. Be sure to keep the permissions open if you use Google Drive, otherwise, we will be unable to view it. Another option is uploading it unlisted (a private video) on YouTube. This way you will be able to share a link to it. A high-resolution video is better than one that arrives through email. Videos sent through email suffer a lot of compression issues. Which makes it makes it difficult to see what is happening on your screen.

I humbly seek your patience and cooperation. Looking forward to your response.

Did not respond in time so case was closed
    This has been bugged for the entire month of August. Am I to expect this will be bugged for the entire month of September as well? It's a very disappointing experience to finally have end game matchups that work well for Sentry in end game content to only find out the champion recently was bugged.

It's also felt like a smack in the face cases are closed with so little time to give feedback. You should adjust the time to something more reasonable instead of a day or two. I will pursue opening a new case sometime next week.

I also felt support only wanted to ask more and more questions instead of investigate at all themselves and have a conversation/problem solving session. Pushing off all the work of making this game better onto your customers is not fun.
    After updating the game I tested again today and Sentry's sig ability is still bugged. Created another video. I have no yet had the chance to file another bug.

I have opened a new case. The case number is #05237042.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 674 ★★★
    Hope they get this fixed. I never considered using him as a tank.
    I have gotten a response from support and they are passing along the information to development. Fingers crossed.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 366 ★★
    Well done for going all the way to document this properly and insist on getting this fixed. I hope they fix this issue soon.
  • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 564 ★★
    edited September 9
    Not a bug

Sentry can go indestructible and the chance is higher with more reality warps

You get damage from sp3 but if it triggered indesctructible so sentry will heal back

He recovers health only if he is below some % of health and eats one reality warp also

With 5 warps there is a pretty high chance he will eat sp3 and heal back

Getting damage and healing back is a visua bug for me...if indestructible he shouldnt get any visual damage
    @Bajjsbwuqjw did you watch the videos or read? I think you are not. Refrain from posting uninformed unhelpful nonsense which shows you have not even read the thread or watched the videos.

You are also posting incorrect information about how the ability works.

Your post barely makes coherent statements even though they are incorrect and off topic. Are you drunk?
  • BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 564 ★★
    edited September 11

1.with reality warps and high sig thats normal
    2. thats also normal because you dont have a 100% chance for imdestructible
    3. Seems to be a bug
    4. Seems to be a bug
    5. If you mean him going 0% and coming back..that seems to be a bug but otherwise it should work that way from the beginning but never was
    edited September 11
    1. Sure, he does seem to need at least 1 reality warp and it's needed to trigger by chance by the ability description. But it's not clear about what happens at zero reality warps. I could assume a 100% chance to trigger a 0 second indestructible means he doesn't go indestructable. However, it could also mean he should go indestructible and have it expire instantly. This really isn't the heart of the issue here though, but it does point out it's not clear from the description and perhaps could be resolved alongside the other issues.

2. I do have a 100% chance to trigger since I have a 5/65 200 Sentry (signature 200 rank 5, 5 star at level 65).

3-5 Yeah, most definitely inconsistent behavior of the ability so there is a bug somewhere. I would like it to work like 5 and from the description that's that way it should be working logically, but you're right, it never has.

If you read through the entire discussion above I've clarified, further explained and put out videos showing all of these behaviors and have made all of these points.

What would be really helpful though is someone else with a high signature Sentry reproducing the issues and adding their content. We may find some sort of pattern that way, but it seemed to be random to me. It's clear support understands there's some issue here and they are going to look at it but they can't comment on status or what that fix will be because they'll probably want to consider how it should be designed. Basically, it''s going to be up to Kabam character developers to decide how the ability works. They have in the past both used the character description as justification (or lack of description) for a fix (change) and behavior (intended or actual behavior) as a justification to update the description. I don't think they should try to justify it in that way. They should always design characters to be useful and fairly balanced and issue rank downs for significant changes or issues in design.

But my 2 cents is it should work like 5 but without the strange health bar changes, to reiterate above. Basically, it should activate at the beginning of an L3 when the combo is lost like Luke Cage who has a similar but not identical ability which activates on attack instead of loss of combo. My argument is being attacked causes the loss of combo and that's how it works outside of tanking an L3 for Sentry as well.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I can feel your pain. Hopefully this gets resolved.

• But my 2 cents is it should work like 5 but without the strange health bar changes, to reiterate above. Basically, it should activate at the beginning of an L3 when the combo is lost like Luke Cage who has a similar but not identical ability which activates on attack instead of loss of combo. My argument is being attacked causes the loss of combo and that's how it works outside of tanking an L3 for Sentry as well.

That is exactly the problem. The Bug is simply that he should not lose his health during the L3 animation because he is losing his combo, has one warp and therefore should be indestructible during the whole animation. Losing health bar and gaining it back is the bug. That's why he is getting knocked out with low health.