Champion Spotlight - Black Widow (Claire Voyant)

About Black Widow (Claire Voyant):
Claire Voyant was a spirit medium who communicated with the dead through supernatural means. Killed by a client in a job gone wrong, Voyant is sent to Hell where Satan gives her the ability to kill with a single touch, sending her back to Earth to avenge her own death. After avenging her murder, Voyant returns to Satan who, no longer content to wait for evil souls to die a natural death, charges her with bringing more souls to him.

Black Widow’s (Claire Voyant) Mechanics:

Claire is focused on cycling through her different curses throughout the fight to always stay one step ahead of the Opponent. Each of Claire’s 3 curses are associated with different utility, Curse of Blood is focused on Regeneration, Curse of Plague is focused on Power Control and Curse of Hellfire is focused on damage. By ending a combo with a light attack Claire can switch her active curse, allowing her to adjust her utility set on the fly throughout any given fight. Additionally, each curse comes with a matching immunity making her great at completely bypassing Bleed, Poison and Incinerate effects.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
* All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
Health: 14368
Attack: 1441
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3892

WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4807
* All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH: 28807
ATTACK: 2888
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7824

WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10620

Character Class: Mystic
Basic Abilities: Basic Abilities: Power Steal, Regeneration, Nullify, Death Touch

STRENGTHS
  • Immunities
  • Claire’s ability to switch her active immunity makes her extremely valuable against many Opponents and nodes. This also allows her to synergize with the Double Edge and Liquid Courage Masteries very well, since she can have both of them purified within a single combo.

• Fighting Opponents Who are Immune
  • While playing as Claire, it’s very valuable to play against an Opponent who is immune to her Debuffs because it allows her to gain Clairvoyance charges and power at an extremely rapid rate. This also works very well in matchups on Stun immune nodes, since each Parry will also give her a charge and power!

• Power Control and Sustainability
  • Claire’s ability to Power Steal granted through the Curse of Plague allows her to keep the Opponent’s power under control for most of any given fight, additionally switching back to Curse of Blood allows her to heal back any chip damage she might have taken during the fight!
WEAKNESSES
  • Opponents Who Aren’t Immune
  • Claire really needs her Clairvoyance charges to hit her true potential, Opponent’s who aren’t immune to one of her 3 different Debuffs can be annoying to fight since building those charges will be much more difficult.

• Power Sting
  • Claire relies on throwing a high number of Special Attacks. If suffering from Power Sting, Claire will take a ton of damage when activating Special Attacks and will have to stop her loop until the effect has fallen off.

• Evasion Champions or anyone that prevents a full 5 hit combo
  • Claire needs to finish a full 5 hit combo ending with a Light Attack in order to switch to her next curse. Any Champions who can prevent this from happening will lock her into a single curse and shut down a lot of her best utility.

Abilities:
Clairvoyance Charge - Passive
  • Claire starts with 3 charges. Each time she or her Opponent are immune to any effect, or an immunity Purifies a pre-existing effect, she gains 1 charge and 4% of her max Power. Charges stack up to 20.
  • If the Opponent has 1 or more Buffs, landing or receiving a Light or Medium attack consumes a charge and Nullifies 1 of their Buffs.
Developer's Note: Claire performs very well against nodes that grant the Opponent an immunity such as Stun or Debuff immune nodes since each time the Opponent is immune she will gain a Clairvoyance charge, allowing her to loop her Special 2 Attack and keep the Opponent’s power under control for the whole fight.

Curse of the Black Widow:
  • Claire has 3 types of curses, each providing her with a different immunity, however, only 1 curse can be active at a time.
  • By default the Curse of Blood is active. Landing a fourth Light Attack casts the next curse in the following order.
  • Curse of Blood: Bleed Immunity
  • Curse of Plague: Poison immunity.
  • Curse of Hellfire: Incinerate immunity.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Special Attack 1 - Curse of Damnation
  • Summoning a blast from the underworld, Claire curses her Opponent.
  • Finishing a combo with a Medium attack inflicts 1 Debuff. Throwing a Heavy Attack or Special 1 Attack inflicts up to 3 Debuffs. These Debuffs are determined by Claire’s active curse and last for 8 seconds.
  • Curse of Blood: Bleed, dealing 57.64 direct damage.
  • Curse of Plague: Poison, dealing 57.64 damage and reducing health recovery by 30%.
  • Curse of Hellfire: Incinerate, dealing 57.64 damage, removing Perfect Block Chance and reducing Block Proficiency by 50%.
Developer's Note: If the Opponent is throwing a Special Attack that lasts for a long duration and doesn’t cover the whole screen, Claire can dash back and throw Heavy Attacks during their attack to cast Debuffs onto them safely. It’s important to keep an eye on the Opponent since they will likely dash right back in after their attack ends, but this can be a quick trick to build Debuffs or charges.

Special Attack 2 - Wrath of the Widow
  • Leaping forward, Claire uses her shadow limbs to slash the Opponent with a series of devastating blows.
  • 100% chance to inflict the Opponent with Buff Immunity for 10 seconds. Decreasing to 50% against Science Champions.
  • Each hit grants an effect determined by Claire’s active curse.
  • Curse of Blood: Regenerate 35% of the damage dealt.
  • Curse of Plague: Steal 5% of the Opponent’s current Power.
  • Curse of Hellfire: Deal a burst of 1152.8 direct energy damage.
Developer's Note: By using some smart timing, it’s possible for Claire to throw a Special 2 Attack while Curse of Plague is active and steal back enough power to immediately throw another special. Balancing the different curses, depending on the matchup, is key to playing as Claire.

Special Attack 3 - Soul Reaver
  • Claire seals the Opponent’s fate marking their forehead with the touch of death and sentencing their soul to Hell.
  • All Clairvoyance charges are removed, each increasing her Attack Rating during this attack by 288.2.
  • Claire gains Death Touch, lasting for 1.2 seconds per Clairvoyance charge removed, Death Touch increases the Potency of all Curse effects by 100% and is not affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.

Signature Ability - Death Immunity:
  • While Death Touch is Active:
  • When receiving damage that would knock her out, Death Touch is consumed instead and Claire gains a Death Immunity Buff, preventing death and healing 18.83% of her max health over 4 seconds.
Developer's Note: If Claire is awakened, Death Touch is a great way to survive incoming Special 3 Attacks or other high damaging unavoidable attacks. Additionally any hit that would kill Claire while Death Touch is active will grant her a Clairvoyance charge since she is immune to it.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Guilty Souls - Self-Synergy - 2-Stars and higher - Unique Synergy
  • All Champions: Gain +10% Attack when fighting against Villain Opponents.
  • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate Synergies.

Spider’s Bite - with Black Widow - 3-Stars and higher - Unique Synergy
  • Black Widow (Claire Voyant): While Death Touch is active, all attacks reduce the Opponent’s chance of triggering their abilities by 50%.
  • Black Widow: Activating a special attack grants a Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 20% for 6 seconds.

Fire and Forget - with Human Torch, Sunspot & Mephisto - 4-Stars and higher - Unique Synergy
  • Whenever the Opponent is immune to Incinerate, they’re inflicted with a Slow Debuff for 8 seconds reducing the Ability Accuracy of Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%. This Debuff does not stack and will not trigger if the Opponent has natural Class advantage.

A Spell A Day Keeps The Doctor Away - with Doctor Strange - 4-Stars and higher - Unique Synergy
  • The final hit of Special 2 has a 50% chance to inflict Stun for 2 seconds.

Judgement Day - with Ghost Rider - 5-Stars and higher - Unique Synergy
  • All Champions reduce the duration of the Opponent's Buffs by 30%.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Liquid Courage
  • Claire is immune to Poison effects while her Curse of Plague is active, allowing her to negate the negative effects of Liquid Courage.

Double Edge
  • Claire begins each fight with Curse of Blood active. This Curse grants immunity to Bleed effects, which allows her to ignore the negative effects of Double Edge.

Mystic Dispersion
  • Claire has a very consistent and easy to access Nullify making Mystic Dispersion a great way to build power extremely quickly.

Recovery
  • When using Lifesteal, the Recovery mastery allows Claire to heal for even more!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,046 ★★★★★
    She looks cool. The Fire Synergy has my attention. Nice little History Lesson. I never even knew about the OG version.
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 748 ★★★★
    Regeneration, power steal and immunities, other champions do that, better and more efficiently. Another mystic dud, at this point they should just remove the class altogether, after the MD recalibration they have refused to have any worthwhile and strong champions in the class, if they are strong they end up being very niche and circumstantial.
  • ritual01ritual01 Posts: 11
    Another mystic champ? 🤔 Wish there was less mystic in the game. What about Victor Mancha or Blue Marvel now that we have Sun Spot?
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 383
    Her curse mechanic seems a lot like Diablo’s potions. Nice utilties!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    She seems interesting. The numbers do seem a bit low so I’m assuming that’s the 4* version? I will still wait to see actual gameplay before saying one way or another. Her utility seems amazing though. She seems like she might have the most utilities in her kit to this point. 3 immunities, nullify, bleed damage, poison damage, incinerate damage, power steal, regeneration, buff immunity, death touch, death immunity. Seems pretty solid.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 639 ★★★
    Surprised she doesn’t have a synergy with Magik! Looks cool though.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 596 ★★★
    I think we may have gone 3 for 3 with bad mystic champs. Why can't you make a good mystic champs anymore?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 2,407 ★★★★
    Actually rereading her abilities that sp3 could hit insanely hard, assuming the stats are based around a 4* her sp3 can deal an additional 400% damage if she has 20 charges, so as long as the base s3 damage is fairly high that could deal some serious damage
  • RejectedEmeraldRejectedEmerald Posts: 1
    She seems very very cool! I'm seeing a lot of comments judging her before she is even released. Give her a chance, then make your judgement.

2888 attack for a 5* champ with the ability to increase it with charges? That seems awesome!! Why is anyone in here complaining about damage output?

Didn’t think of that either, that has to be up there with the highest base attacks in the game
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 260 ★★
    edited August 30
    a +200% increase in Special 3 Damage at max charges?

ah yes

enslaved death
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 485 ★★
    I’m pretty sure she has the new highest base attack in game. That’s going to synergise really well with the life steal

a +200% increase in Special 3 Damage at max charges?

ah yes

enslaved death

Pretty sure by the numbers it’s a 4*, so it’s 400%, the sp3 boost number is exactly 20% of the 4* attack but isn’t an exact % with the 5*, if kabam could clarify that would be great thiugh
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 312 ★★
    * All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
    Her base attack is 1441. Wasp at 5/50 has a base attack of 1384. Rocket Raccoon has 1373. This is the new highest base attack in the game. That's a very good sign. She seems very straightforward and practical to play, has a lot of solid utility, and overall looks like a very nice general questing champion. I'm excited.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 313 ★★★
    edited August 30
    It looks like one of her passive abilities was put under her special 1 by mistake along with the general description for the curse debuffs. Looks like the actual special 1 description is also missing.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah her sp1 seems kinda screwed up
  • TheDuke899TheDuke899 Posts: 103
    Mystic is the only class for me without a r5 xD was thinking to rank up my GR or SS since they are r4 till I read this post... Seems pretty exciting for me and I'll go all in on the featured cavalier and the next featured 5* with her in it 👌
  • GonçaloGonçalo Posts: 29
    I think the best part about her is the "Guilty Souls" synergy since a lot of people still use the holy trinity and 10% attack is really good for Blade!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 788 ★★★
    Are there any incinerate immune champs with evade or unstoppable?

Can’t thibk of any, but slow does work for nodes like aspect of war or brawl where incinerate immune champs can be placed
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 611 ★★★
    2 things that concern me. The community needs the answers for these.
    As you are aware, there are 2 nodes in the game that relate to 'instant death' (maybe more but I don't remember them right now).

I don't remember their names but I remember the MEANING of their descriptions;

1) Opponent gains a Death Touch for X seconds after launching their special attack. When they touch you even if you're blocking the hit, you are dead.
    2) Opponent's SP3 will instantly knock you out.

Will this new champ's Sig ability helps her to survive these nodes?
    It won't be the same case as CG's guaranteed crit hit VS. cannot be critical node where the latter will always triumph, right?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

2 things that concern me. The community needs the answers for these.
    As you are aware, there are 2 nodes in the game that relate to 'instant death' (maybe more but I don't remember them right now).

I don't remember their names but I remember the MEANING of their descriptions;

1) Opponent gains a Death Touch for X seconds after launching their special attack. When they touch you even if you're blocking the hit, you are dead.
    2) Opponent's SP3 will instantly knock you out.

Will this new champ's Sig ability helps her to survive these nodes?
    It won't be the same case as CG's guaranteed crit hit VS. cannot be critical node where the latter will always triumph, right?

(Minor) Aspect of Death I believe is the node you are thinking of and that’s a good question.
  • ecwpool207ecwpool207 Posts: 1
    She seems like a great champ to get added to the game can't wait to get to use her in quest's!!!!
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 485 ★★

Annihilus, who all who is a pain on defence
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 82
    Really hyped about Clair Voyant, she seemed the kind of champ I really enjoy playing :)
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 708 ★★
    edited August 31
    Sounds interesting and looking forward to see what this champion contributes to the game overall.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on