**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Progression and Progress

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

I didn’t know how to title this in a short and simple way, but I’ll explain what I mean. Kabam likes to talk about progress - we’ve seen it in the Act 6 gates and in Variant. Progress is nice because you can look forward to the next thing available. However, I including many others, would like to have an increase in level cap. I can’t say for sure Kabam’s reasoning behind it (unless it’s written somewhere on the forum), but I think I might have found a happy compromise.

As you can see from the photo above, I have achieved Cavalier and there are 3 other “titles” that we have yet to obtain. What if every time we got a new title, we would also get an increase in the level cap, and they would increase by 2 levels and get a 3 energy increase? So Cavalier - congrats! You’re level 62 now. Next title - woohoo! Level 64.

With 4 new titles (including Cavalier), we could get level 68 and 12 extra energy. And as Kabam adds more titles, it would be another way for us to level up through progression. What are your thoughts about this?

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited September 2019
    The monthly quests are designed with a certain Energy cost in mind, based on a max of 70 Energy. Increasing the max energy in game will just cause them to increase the number of nodes in the quests. Which will then cause those who are not yet Uncollected/Cavalier/whatever (even though they have reached the 70 energy Summoner level (of 60) to be at a disadvantage from having to do now longer quests without being such a high Title level that they have gotten higher energy yet.

And as it is, Kabam already reduced the energy cost for ACT-4, which was way too long before.

Same with Masteries... they have laid them out so that people have to choose which type of Masteries they want to use. Increasing the mastery points for higher Title players would basically allow them to have all of the worthwhile Masteries active at the same time.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

The monthly quests are designed with a certain Energy cost in mind, based on a max of 70 Energy. Increasing the max energy in game will just cause them to increase the number of nodes in the quests. Which will then cause those who are not yet Uncollected/Cavalier/whatever (even though they have reached the 70 energy Summoner level (of 60) to be at a disadvantage from having to do now longer quests without being such a high Title level that they have gotten higher energy yet.

And as it is, Kabam already reduced the energy cost for ACT-4, which was way too long before.

Same with Masteries... they have laid them out so that people have to choose which type of Masteries they want to use. Increasing the mastery points for higher Title players would basically allow them to have all of the worthwhile Masteries active at the same time.

These increases in level and energy cap would be so small over time. We waited approximately one year before we got the Cavalier title after Uncollected. I don’t think it would be game breaking to get an increase in level cap/energy if the titles don’t come out as fast.

Also, I don’t think people want more levels for more masteries. Rather, people want more energy and the fact that we’ve been stuck on level 60 for years now is boring.