**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

One way to improve AW

Many of us are tired of facing the same opponents on the same nodes, causing us to use the same champions each and ever AW.

My suggestion would be to have AW similiar to the arena system. Each alliance would first choose either the 3*, 4*, or the 5* AW. So if you pick the 3*, both teams in the AW can only use 3* champions, 4* would be 4*, and so forth. This puts both teams at a more level playing field.

Next the AW would have at Random an all play or a class specific restriction on which champions we can use for this AW. For example, one war would be a Cosmic Battle, another could be Mutant vs Mutant. Or we could have Mutant vs Tech. This would add a new strategy into AW causing us to use more of our roster and to think outside of our current box.

What are your thoughts? What would you do to improve AW?

Comments

• Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Both ideas are not good, the 3,4,5* AW seem ok when you are in a low rating alliance, in a high rated one with high tier, you motsly see 4* and 5* and the 7k+ 5* is either rare or a meh champs (except for Magik and Spiderman). The class restriction will only help the rich who has 90 4*, most of the time everyone doesn't even have a full Mystic or Cosmic team.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I had an idea a while back for Seasons. Each Season the War Rating is zeroed. You start by building Rating, the same as you do now, and base Matching on Alliance Rating and Average Player Rating. Then as you build, it selects Allies close to your Rating. Each Season would have AW Events which would earn separate Rewards. There could also be Titles specific to each Season. Perhaps even a Leaderboard to see our progress and have an idea of who we may be fighting.
    Basically, it's the same as we have now, with the inclusion of Events and Titles that are unique to the Season. I'm a fan of Diablo 3, and I love the idea of buidling fresh each Season. It pushes Allies to grow a little more every Season, and be more prepared when the insane Ratings come when War Rating is the common factor. Then with the end of each Season, it is wiped and the process begins again. It would help overall growth because each Seaosn would allow for more and more advancement for Allies who are in the middle or beginning, and it would keep things fresh for those on top.