**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Question: Poison Inflicting Node

Random question folks, do you know what's the interaction if you place a duped iceman in the AW node that inflicts poison every 7s? (first section, far left, mid lane).

Not sure if getting this right but does this mean any champ will get interactive damage mandatory whether this is either from poison or coldsnap? If not mistaken, the only exception I can think about (double immunity to these 2) is Mephisto.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    Just the attacker.
  • Options
    So, is that a yes? The only completely immune counter in this node for a dup iceman would be mephisto?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    @pedroteixeira07 to fully answer your question, it will depend on the tier you are in. Currently in T4 it's just "inflicts poison every 7 seconds for 160% direct damage over 32 seconds". This means if the attacker isn't poison immune then it won't effect them. It has no effect on the defender. There is a secondary node called "enhanced poison" that increases poison abilities by 40% So for example- Placing a Abomination there "could" be a good strategy since he inflicts poison.

In higher tiers there is an extra node that has additional effects if the attacker is a robot and will cause more issues etc..

Again, the defender won't matter at all. Iceman wouldn't do better there than most any other non-poison champs.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,451 ★★★★
    If the champion is hidden in AW (not sure what tier that starts to happen) then I enjoy putting a different science champ on the poison node, so that they have to suspect it's abomination and take in a poison immune champ, only for it to be someone else like Electro, or one of the Evading Spidey champs :D
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre this if perfect - all noted thanks <3 I'm on the tier as you mention, and that's exactly the node. I think I got the picture now. How the node read is sometimes tricky (specially if you're a non-English native lol). My understanding of this node was that regardless of the defender there, the attacker will be inflicted by poison every 7s, thus when adding another type of interactive damage (in this case a guaranteed coldsnap with a duped iceman) to the recipe, you'd need a very specific immunity champ to not take damage at all. Like a Medusa would counter poison but be damaged by coldsnap, a corvus the other way around, etc, etc.

Well, hope that my language drama and all your explanations at least clear other people like me that struggle to understand these nodes.

ROTFL @PantherusNZ that's actually genius! Aren't you a sneaky one ;)