**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

We need a Low Performance Mode in MCOC. #EndTheLag

Gotta love it when Kabam releases champs with flashy animations...
note I don't hate the developers for making champions with good animations. It's just frustrating when it has to come at the cost of the already limited number of frames this game lets my phone experience. And I know I'm not the only one.
I mean look at champions like Mister Sinister (oh my gosh that block), Vision Aarkus (just in general, but that sp1 is lag central), and Havok (we didn't need that flashiness update mate).
There are a lot of things in this game that only the newest phones can reasonably handle. And it is so dang frustrating when those lost frames just pass you by and... I dunno... kill your top 3 champions because 'oh hey, I can'.
And this is why I think we need a low performance mode. Basically strip down the flashiness of super laggy animations like:
- certain block animations (Mister Sinister and Namor come to mind)
- certain basic attack / special animations (Havok, Vision Aarkus, and more)
- simplification of the animations for crystals spinning
- less animations in fighting locations (including the animation for someone being killed against the wall)
- and basically if you hear a fair few people complaining about how laggy a certain character is, look at adapting their animations for low performance mode.

Not everybody has the newest iPhone. Some of us can't update to the newest OS, have old phones, and/or are Android users (oh my gosh I feel so bad for you guys). We need an all-encompassing game performance update, and sooner rather than later.

Comments

• @Mathking13 don't feel bad for me. Android user, 0 lag, lol. Even with new champ animations. Newer Androids play the game just fine. That whole iOS is better thing is a dying concept in my experience when iPhone XR users in my Alliance are complaining about lag whereas my fellow Android players with new devices are having a ball. Go compare device hardware specs between the XR and a Galaxy S9+ or S10 (any of them). More RAM, faster processor.

Older Androids AND older iOS devices are suffering from the newer animations. So yes, I do agree that a reduced graphics setting would be VERY useful for many. I always recommend reducing the screen resolution settings (when possible) to those with older devices. My old S7 had the ability to reduce the res down to 720p. Doesn't look as pretty, but it ran WAY better than at 1080 or higher. Sometimes you gotta choose, higher performance at the expense of lower graphics, or deal with choppy game play and pretty edges, lol. Any PC gamer should know the old 'minimum system requirements' info box on games. Why we don't have a minimum system requirements for basic, and optimal for CoC still confuses me.
  • Xforce, Venompool, deadpool sp2 are the only things that lag me for the most part - iPhone7.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Gotta love it when Kabam releases champs with flashy animations...
    note I don't hate the developers for making champions with good animations. It's just frustrating when it has to come at the cost of the already limited number of frames this game lets my phone experience. And I know I'm not the only one.
    I mean look at champions like Mister Sinister (oh my gosh that block), Vision Aarkus (just in general, but that sp1 is lag central), and Havok (we didn't need that flashiness update mate).
    There are a lot of things in this game that only the newest phones can reasonably handle. And it is so dang frustrating when those lost frames just pass you by and... I dunno... kill your top 3 champions because 'oh hey, I can'.
    And this is why I think we need a low performance mode. Basically strip down the flashiness of super laggy animations like:
    - certain block animations (Mister Sinister and Namor come to mind)
    - certain basic attack / special animations (Havok, Vision Aarkus, and more)
    - simplification of the animations for crystals spinning
    - less animations in fighting locations (including the animation for someone being killed against the wall)
    - and basically if you hear a fair few people complaining about how laggy a certain character is, look at adapting their animations for low performance mode.

Not everybody has the newest iPhone. Some of us can't update to the newest OS, have old phones, and/or are Android users (oh my gosh I feel so bad for you guys). We need an all-encompassing game performance update, and sooner rather than later.

Please! I don't get why this still isn't a thing, Every Other Game has some form of Custom Settings when it comes to extra "just for looks" things like this...
    Something else they could include in this Low Performance Mode/Settings is an option to remove the Background Arena's Special Animations, so for example we would have the option to disable the Quinjet that flies in on the Avengers Tower and Sheild Helicarrier Maps.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Something else they could include in this Low Performance Mode/Settings is an option to remove the Background Arena's Special Animations, so for example we would have the option to disable the Quinjet that flies in on the Avengers Tower and Shield Helicarrier Maps.

yeah those things can get a bit laggy from time to time. And it's not like they need to make the backgrounds freeze-frame or anything; just remove the laggy bits. I'd personally list that under 'fight location animations' but hey.
    (gosh I wish we could edit our posts more than 15 minutes after we initially posted them... I can't understand why that's a thing)
  • I have fought Aarkus on one year old phone with Android. It can handle all other champs ok, but this was insane.... Mother of all lags... Need performance mode.
    With team of 4/40 quake, blade, ghost and wasp, while I am paying player, this just feels like a huge rip off...

I have fought Aarkus on one year old phone with Android. It can handle all other champs ok, but this was insane.... Mother of all lags... Need performance mode.
    With team of 4/40 quake, blade, ghost and wasp, while I am paying player, this just feels like a huge rip off...

yep the lag caused by Aarkus is ridiculous. I could barely solo the Master one with my 4/55 Domino + full trinity, and I'd say I'm pretty decent...
    I think that Kabam might need to hand out some small compensation for this whole Aarkus debacle. Or at least an in-game mail that apologises for the whole thing.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Totally agree with this. Had to spent two team revives cause I just dont know how to fight a character I can't see moving.

I have fought Aarkus on one year old phone with Android. It can handle all other champs ok, but this was insane.... Mother of all lags... Need performance mode.

I almost cleared this Uncollected without using a single Potion or Revive, except when it came to Aarkus and Claire only because of the lag. (Had to use two L1 Revives because they were both at less than 10% when I was fully Ko'ed) I couldn't Dexterity Specials because of the Frame Drops and Sluggish Controls, so Chip Damage through Block got me. I had 2 Symbiote Supremes+Ghost Rider for Aarkus and Omega Red+Blade (with the Mephisto Synergy) for Claire...

I almost cleared this Uncollected without using a single Potion or Revive, except when it came to Aarkus and Claire only because of the lag. (Had to use two L1 Revives because they were both at less than 10% when I was fully Ko'ed) I couldn't Dexterity Specials because of the Frame Drops and Sluggish Controls, so Chip Damage through Block got me. I had 2 Symbiote Supremes+Ghost Rider for Aarkus and Omega Red+Blade (with the Mephisto Synergy) for Claire...
    My device isn't even a year old btw, it's just a slightly above average Android Tablet. So it's not much but still, it runs any other game perfectly fine...
    The problem isn't in our devices.
    As long as it fulfills the requirements to run the app as stated by kabam, the game should run fine.
    Btw, I've also noticed captain marvel's sp3 clearly altered in my phone. Will share a video if any one's interested.
  • xXkuyxXxXkuyxX Posts: 41
    I got the Samsung S10+, I don't have any problems with animations on the game, the game runs smoothly and I enjoy it more then when I was playing on my older phone, just get the latest Samsung, problem solved!! Lol
    xXkuyxX said:

I got the Samsung S10+, I don't have any problems with animations on the game, the game runs smoothly and I enjoy it more then when I was playing on my older phone, just get the latest Samsung, problem solved!! Lol

mate not all of us have the disposable income required to just buy a new phone whenever we want. The 'oh just buy a new phone' argument just does NOT work. like EVER.

The problem isn't in our devices.
    As long as it fulfills the requirements to run the app as stated by kabam, the game should run fine.
    Btw, I've also noticed captain marvel's sp3 clearly altered in my phone. Will share a video if any one's interested.

yeah but that's the problem. My device, and a lot of others, DO satisfy those requirements, but the game just is too data-intensive for our devices to be able to handle it without ridiculous amounts of lag.
    also I'm interested in that video you're talking about. Could you send it to me in a DM?
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 101
    Yes we need a lower setting.
    edited September 2019
    oh yeah also I have a feeling that our thread is purposely being hidden from the 'latest discussions' thing...
    this is partly a test to see whether my theory on the above is correct btw...
    EDIT: yes this thread isn't getting shown on the 'latest discussions' page even mere SECONDS after a new post is added to it.
    Ugh the completely Unnecessary Particle Effects on Mysterio and Void is making the Time After Time Event 10 Times Harder because of the ridiculous amount of Lag and Freezing it creates, which is exactly why we need a Low Performance Mode!!! Please for the love of God just give us this One Thing Kabam!
    I'm still waiting. Would we see anything like this in the future?
  • Thanks for the suggestion everyone. We appreciate the idea and concern around game performance. While we can't promise that this will be added, we have shared the feedback with the rest of the team.