HOOD staggee in act 5.2.3/5.2.4

Wiki9Wiki9 Member Posts: 71
Stagger, the ability that nulifies the next buff on which it was placed. Example: HOOD placing stagger on wolverine, wolverines regen kicks in and stagger instantly nulifies it, meaning that Wolvy doesn't regenerate. If this is the effect than why is it not working in act 5.2.3/5.2.4. I personally tested it on act 5.2.4 against YJ. Hood placed stagger on YJ and then parried YJ. According to the node, YJ regenerates but with stagger it should nulify the regen, meaning YJ doesn't regenerate. For some reason though, YJ still regenerates... Care to shed some light on this @Kabam Miike
@Kabam Wolf

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
    You can't call out mods that way.

Answering your question: stagger nulifies buffs. The node itself gives regen, not a regen buff.
  • VTA92VTA92 Member Posts: 374 ★★★
    The regen consumes the debuff. If you don't place any debuffs they don't Regen.
  • SungjSungj Member Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Regen in the masochism and buffet chapters don't come from a buff so hood can't stagger it. Just another example would be Dorm or rogue's regen, you can't stagger their regen because it's based off damage not an actual regen buff.
  • Wiki9Wiki9 Member Posts: 71
    Ahhh, but then why does stagger disappear when their regeneration activates. Shouldnt it stay there till an "actual buff" comes?
    Why does rogue get a regen buff when she uses sp1. Ex Rougue used sp1 while opponent had fury buff, Rogue gained fury buff causing opponent to regenerate, but then Rogue gains a regeneration buff. How does that happen if the regeneration isn't an "actual buff"?
    Wiki9 wrote: »
    Why does rogue get a regen buff when she uses sp1. Ex Rougue used sp1 while opponent had fury buff, Rogue gained fury buff causing opponent to regenerate, but then Rogue gains a regeneration buff. How does that happen if the regeneration isn't an "actual buff"?

Read the nodes when you get a buff the opponent consumes it and regens it wasn't her regenerating that made the opponent regen it was the buff she stole getting consumed. And the stagger disappears because masochism consumes a debuff and causes the opponent to regenerate and stagger is a debuff
    Stagger is not a debuff, in this scenario that is. I stagger the oppoenent and nothing happens. Staggers timer just starts to end. But then I parry the opponent, stun, it causes him to regenerate, but, for some odd reason, it makes the s
    For Rogue. If you cant stagger that regen buff than how can you steal that rehen buff? Makes no sense.
    I don't think you're getting it ...
    Stagger is a debuff. The regen from those global nodes is not a buff, is just an auto regen.
    Rogue's steal buffs and regens some HP. She doesn't get a regen buff (unless she steals a regen buff from the enemy)
    Lets suppose that stagger is in fact a debuff and regen is not a buff in this scenario. If this is the case, the second HOOD places stagger on that YJ, YJ regenerates and stagger instantly nulifies. That is not what is happening in this case. YJ doesn't regenerate when stagger is placed on him and neither is stagger nulified. YJ regenerates when I parry him. The instant before I parry YJ, he has a stagger "debuff on him" and he hasnt regenerated because of it, and the Instant after I parry him, he regenerates and nulifies both stun and stagger debuffs...
    Now if we have agreed on the fact that both masochism AND buffet are not buffs, then when Rogue sp1s 5.2.3 opponent with ONLY fury before sp1s, she ONLY gets the fury buff, which triggers 5.2.3 opponents regeneration. Yet, in my tests, this does not happen. Rogue gains both fury and regeneration buffs, when she can only copy buffs. This signifies that Buffets regeneration is indeed a buff. If we have agreed on the fact that both Buffet and Masochism work in the same fashion, that signifies that BOTH Buffet AND Masochism are BUFFS meaning that YJs Masochism buffs regeneration buff should be staggered
  • ZugzwangZugzwang Member Posts: 15
    You guys are right in saying that the regen does not show a buff and Stagger works with buffs. BUT, as much as that's true, every time they proc that regen, SOMETHING gets Staggered every single time, and it also triggers my MD. My only theory is that the regen just happens so fast since it's instantly, and by the time the "buff" is Staggered, it has already done its thing. But there's definitely something showing up because it can't be that it just randomly shows Stagger and procs MD when there clearly are no other buffs.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Give up guys trying to get this wiki9 to understand is like trying to explain quantum physics to a snail
    Ah thats sad bro. Im just looking for an answer
    edited August 2017
    And people gave it to you multiple times
    @Zugzwang it makes sense cause the regen with stagger seems slightly weaker than without stagger.
    Scratch that same regen. 3154 woth or wothout stagger
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I believe stagger doesn't work on node buffs because that isn't a buff the champ activates but instead passively receives
    The author has right...stagger should prevent any regen

Regen buffs yes. Regen itself no
    Created a link to images for better exploration to my debate: http://imgur.com/a/nPuB4
    There are some bugs there ... But not what you said exactly.
    Stagger is a debuff. The bug there is that it isn't being recognized as a debuff when you apply them. However, it is being recognized as a debuff when you parry (the node automatically nulifies both debuffs)
    I agree with Zing and Drop but was just showing that I wasnt an idiot in what I was saying...
    But it seems to be a bug cause Stagger is described as this: X% Chance to Stagger the opponent, preventing them from gaining their next buff for X amount of seconds... meaning regen shouldn't trigger
    Anyhow I shut up about this argument now seeing thats its becoming pointless
    Wiki9 wrote: »
    But it seems to be a bug cause Stagger is described as this: X% Chance to Stagger the opponent, preventing them from gaining their next buff for X amount of seconds... meaning regen shouldn't trigger

Are seriously still not understand that the regen is not classed as a buff, it's a passive effect of the node
    I just duelled a rogue with hood to test the stagger and rogue still regenerates with a stagger on her. Stagger does not effect regen that does not work of buffs and are instead passive ie- rogue, masochism, buffet etc. In act 5.2 it is a immediate passive regen not a buff based regen so stagger does not effect it. @Wiki9 the simple answer is the regen in 5.2 is not a buff so stagger does not effect it its like how fate seal does not effect spite because it is a node based passive power gain not a buff based power gain. Wolvie gets a regeneration buff and the nodes are passive so there is a difference in stagger effect
    Kk
    How do you end discussion now...