**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What champ do you use who’s not widely regarded as good?

WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
By this I mean a champ that you use a lot, not just one you enjoy using in arena or one you play with just to see how it works. For me, it’s Yondu and Red Skull. I don’t use RS that much anymore, but he used to be one of my mains, and the only reason I stopped using him was because I got Yondu and Ghost. Yondu is a champ that I use currently on my main team and I actually use him over Ghost consistently. He’s amazing and I don’t know why he’s so completely underrated. What about you? What odd champ choices have you made?

Warden out ~

Comments

• King Groot. After I duped him he was on my main team and would be one of my go too champs until I started getting a more variety. I still use him now and then but not as much as before.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yondu over Ghost? Maybe you lack the synergies to make her a beast machine. If you have those synergies then you're using her wrong. Lol! That's just crazy talk.

For me it's Winter Soldier. He was my MVP for exploring Act 5. Obviously using 5* KM synergy with him. He doesn't get a ton of use now though because I have better options at R5 now.

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Antman!!

Ok, to be fair, my usual questing team is:

5* R4 Ghost.
    3* maxed Wasp
    5* R3 Ant-man
    and 2 others depending on situation:

(4* Hood, 4* Cpt America (IW), 5* Iceman .. etc)

However, on some nodes where I don't want to risk Ghost (I'm getting better at her, but not THAT good yet) .. I'll use Ant-man .. and DAMN, is that boi tanky .. :) I love him .. he takes down some tough opponents, and makes it look easy while doing so!

Love him, going to R4 him when I get a min .. ;)
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    6* Gamora. If I awaken her I’d be super happy.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    got R5 NT,R2 6* Bucky, not sure how they r regarded but both serve me great on wars and on EQ
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★

-sixate- said:

Yondu over Ghost? Maybe you lack the synergies to make her a beast machine. If you have those synergies then you're using her wrong. Lol! That's just crazy talk.

Some people just enjoy playing one champion over another, despite the different power levels. I personally find myself playing my R4 5* Venom more than my 5/65 Medusa or Void... and I f**king love my Medusa & Void. I just enjoy playing with Venom more I guess...
    Venom is a super fun champ...my next rank up will be cosmic and I'm tempted to r5 5* Venom over Hyperion, Corvus, Cull, VtD, Medusa, movie Marvel...just because he's the one I enjoy most by far.
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    I use Mephisto a lot, his soul charge regen has saved me more times than I can count.
  • MattPartMattPart Posts: 69
    1.Black Panther (classic) - he was my top champ for a long while, my first duped 5*, my first 3/45, my first 4/55 and would be my first 5/65 but I pulled blade and duped him instantly.

I still use him in AQ and quests on daily basis.

BP inflicts crazy amount of bleed, aspecially when duped - paired with deep wounds he is one of my top damage dealers. Nothing else special about him - just most likely the best bleeder in the game with no other utility. Still definitely above average.

2. Hawkeye - same as above - these champs aren't considered super good because they are super old, their mechanics are simple and they don't have as much complicated utility as new guys, but I can appreciate simplicty as long as it's powerful and in this case it definitely is. Hawkeye is somewhat fragile but his sp1 actually gives you best power control in the game + he can inflict bleed (even more when duped) and shock - enough for me to R4 the 5* version and use him practically everywhere. He is definitely above average.

3. Captain Marvel - classic - I was using Miss Marvel version a while ago but ranked her down around 12.x as I had better options back there and never brought her back. Recently I pulled a 6* version of classic one however so I started playing with her again. She is not super useful but she is poison immune and hits hard when you save power + her 2nd special is decent... As a 6* - usable for questing/poison paths if you don't have better options, but nothing more. I really miss her sig though - it would make her useful against energy-hitting champs. She is average at best but I still use her as I don't have too many 6*/5*R4 options.

4. The Hood - at this point he is considered average at best but I really enjoy playing him and he might become my next 4/55 unless I pull a better mystic. He is good for defence too.

That's probably all for now but there are other characters that I used to use a lot in the past:

5.IM/SIM/IP - I used to bring all 3 to the AQ and they allowed me to survive through whole quest with no big skill - I still love these guys and would probably r4 a duped 5* instantly - it only sucks IP loses armor during regen but his L2 stun is handy

6. Ultron - in theory he is better than the iron family - still regens, but also has double immunity and stun + don't even need to be duped. But I never felt 100% comfortable with him so placed him somewhat lower.

7. UC - unstoppable was very useful back then when I had absolutely no skill + he is bleed immune - I remember thinking of him as of my top champ and fighting for r4 in alliance events. It was a 3* version! Now I have a duped 5* and use him for defence.

8. Daredevil (classic) - he is pretty low in tier lists but his unique ability to dodge everything can be very useful in some fights if you are not super skilled.

9. WW2 - remember he was a god? he can still stun and inflict a lot of bleed and his block proficiency is also unique - he did not really get worse but other changes (new champs that are better, new content that requires different stuff) made him less useful.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    -sixate- said:

For me it's Winter Soldier. He was my MVP for exploring Act 5. Obviously using 5* KM synergy with him. He doesn't get a ton of use now though because I have better options at R5 now.

You are correct, I don’t have any synergies for her; however, even if I did I think I might still play Yondu over her.

Warden out ~
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Black Bolt is pretty good once you get 15 charges of Fury and Cruelty
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    Juggernaut R4 5* duped sig 120. He's a tank - fun to use on questing some of the non-uncollected stuff and watch fists and feet bounce off him
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    @WardenZero any chance you're a fan of hitting into the block? One of Yondu's neat perks is he can bleed through the block. I hit into the block all that time and subsequently have gained additional love for champions like Sentinel, Massacre, and Corvus because of it. And I hate fighting Red Skull for the same reason haha

To answer the question though, Luke Cage. I love the indestructible and his stun lock is incredibly helpful for enemies that you want to push to SP2.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Unfortunately these days not so much surprises on my main roster.

I do like to use Cap Marvel/Hulk/Ultron in AQ for fun just because of some nostalgia using the champs way back in the day. I have better options but since they sit at R4 from gems I’ll take one of them into AQ usually every round just because I can.

Also I use my trash 6* for fun sometimes in uncollected so rocket/BB/rhino/cable/cap ww2 see some face time. 6* mags is so painful and boring to use though he sits firmly where he belongs.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I am still building my roster. Right now i only have around 60v5 star champs. I would love to get a Rogue though. She was great for me as a 3* and always did well once i got a max sig 4*. I dont hear much about her. I also use Sinister alot. He is a fun champ to use that u dont hear much about as an attacker
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Antman. With the Ghost and Wasp synergies he hits pretty hard and can tank all day
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    K00shMaan said:

@WardenZero any chance you're a fan of hitting into the block? One of Yondu's neat perks is he can bleed through the block. I hit into the block all that time and subsequently have gained additional love for champions like Sentinel, Massacre, and Corvus because of it. And I hate fighting Red Skull for the same reason haha

To answer the question though, Luke Cage. I love the indestructible and his stun lock is incredibly helpful for enemies that you want to push to SP2.

Yeah that bleed through block is super fun. Also, Luke Cage is amazing, just r4d my 4* and he’s so much fun.
    As for Red Skull, Corvus wrecks him because all you have to do is parry his first hit and boom he has 6 armor breaks and no armor. Then he melts. I have too much fun beating him up sometimes.

Warden out ~
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Why are soo many people listing off tier 2 champs? They may not be as good as the god tiers but no one has ever called them average or not good. Personally karnak is pretty good as well as vulture
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Why are soo many people listing off tier 2 champs? They may not be as good as the god tiers but no one has ever called them average or not good. Personally karnak is pretty good as well as vulture

Ok I'll give you an actually bad champion I love, Rhino 🦏. I mentioned earlier I like hitting into the block so I like that Rhino has a 20% chance to be unblockable on his dash attack. It gives me free ins without having to parry. He gets a nice fury from pinning his opponent against the wall and also does good damage on the SP2. I also think his SP3 automatically pins your opponent against the wall as well which is underrated.

Alas, limited utility keeps him on the bench most of the time but I feel he does bat above his class when using him in arena compared to some more appreciated champions.