Suggestion for Alliance War

Do people feel that Alliance War is quite monotonous now regarding playing the same fights with the same champs on the same nodes over and over and having a vast roster that hardly ever get used ?
How would everyone feel about a cool down period so you couldn't keep using the same champs from war to war? Maybe have a shorter season and only use the champs once per season.

It might really mix it up somewhat as Summoners would place their best defence first, some may save their best till last and some might mix it up all the time...

It's something I've been thinking for a while and do understand there are holes in the plan but low level Alliances don't have to have the cool down and maybe scale it up to the top tiers

Thoughts?

Comments

• MightywhistonMightywhiston Posts: 13
    I actually agree this could make the game more interesting. How difficult would it be to introduce a cool down timer?
    How many champs have been ranked up in the past only for them now to be gathering dust on the shelf?

Good idea DjRob
  • I believe this can be a new and refreshing idea that switches things up for the good.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 276 ★★
    edited September 11
    It isn't a bad idea. I like it. But it won't work. Alliances will create a rotation and still place the same champs. I would love to find a way to mix it up and include different champs, but fear this idea would be too easily worked around.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 2,393 ★★★★
    Defence tactics were meant to vary defenders but they’re too weak to make a huge difference
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 495 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Defence tactics were meant to vary defenders but they’re too weak to make a huge difference

Defense tactics was meant to increase the defensive value of some champions however all that has happened (and will probably ever happen every season with tactics) is the best champions with that global are selected and duped a bunch i.e. domino's on dodge.
  • TheVyrus said:

It isn't a bad idea. I like it. But it won't work. Alliances will create a rotation and still place the same champs. I would love to find a way to mix it up and include different champs, but fear this idea would be too easily worked around.

Pretty much. Those that run full diversity (like my crew) will just have X number of iterations to place. This would also place certain Alliances even further ahead having more to work with, and those who rely on their top defenders even further behind. It's a nice idea in theory, but it's not going to stop certain champs from being placed every war when many have them. Let's also note, this would just mean more work for leadership in having to make multiple defense placement iterations.
  • DjrobchaddockDjrobchaddock Posts: 15
    What if you had a timer similar to arena where 6*s you could only use once, 5*s maybe twice per season and 4s refresh maybe every other war?