**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did I become u.c for 3*

So I've wasted time and money one these u.c crystals and I've pulled nothing but 3* heroes. I mean it gets to the point where I dont even see 4 or 5* characters. Some one help me understand what I'm doing wrong , pretty soon I'll be leaving the game if things dont change, this added with the constant bugs and nerfs is really turning me off to this game I'm a 4 yr player so hoping I can get a good answers

Comments

• PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★

So I've wasted time and money one these u.c crystals and I've pulled nothing but 3* heroes. I mean it gets to the point where I dont even see 4 or 5* characters. Some one help me understand what I'm doing wrong , pretty soon I'll be leaving the game if things dont change, this added with the constant bugs and nerfs is really turning me off to this game I'm a 4 yr player so hoping I can get a good answers

There's no point in continuing if you're gonna feel like this even after playing game for 4 years... You know the odds before you pull those crystals right?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I've gotten pretty good luck with the cavalier. Some people think im rich, but no im middle class, just you know worked since I was 15, went to school got a useful degree and work 40 hours a week . Pay my bills and have plenty of disposable income, but I can see how a 28 year old living with his family working minimum wage and borrowing his mom's car could think I'm rich. Maybe some how my hard work and my decent pay is steeling from thay guy living with his mom.....maybe
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    I agree w/ a several comments from the other posters … but I would like to offer my perspective…I believe that quite a few of us forget that Kabam is a business whose primary goal is to generate revenue based on their MCOC product … although we may love the game & it may be for some summoners their primary source of recreation... at the end of the day MCOC is Kabam's money maker that heavily relies on RNG to generate that “needed” income… therefore I believe for some we must learn to curb our emotions & remind ourselves that MCOC is just a game that requires us to be prudent with both or time & monies for the best possible outcome… just my thoughts.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Yup
    Not sure your level in game roster wise....

But the only good thing about being uncollected is being able to play uncollected event quest and hopefully finish so you can get tier 5 basic.
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 76
    Lormif said:

You have a 5% chance, that means on average for every 100 pulls you will get about 5, but that is based on a large pool of rolls.
    It doesn't work that way i think... Each time you open a crystal there is a 5% chance that you will open a 5* for that individual crystal, which means you can open 100 and get 0 5*... Correct me if i'm wrong
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Simple calculation: put the percentage into decimal form(divide it by 100) then times it by the amount of crystals you open(in this case 100), the answer is an average of 5 5stars per 100 crystals.
    If you want to work out the chance of getting 100 5 stars in said opening you do the decimal to the power of the amount of crystals. Should look like 0.05^100. The chance of you to get 100 5 stars from a gmc is 7.8886090522101180541172856528279e-131‬( a really small chance)

Totally random just thought I'd share
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    edited September 2019
    Zverce said:

Lormif said:

You have a 5% chance, that means on average for every 100 pulls you will get about 5, but that is based on a large pool of rolls.
    It doesn't work that way i think... Each time you open a crystal there is a 5% chance that you will open a 5* for that individual crystal, which means you can open 100 and get 0 5*... Correct me if i'm wrong

That's what he's saying. The larger your pool of attempts the closer it is to the expected odds. So you should be seeing five in every 100.
  • Chuckylo85Chuckylo85 Posts: 7
    Woe I drop.5 here and there nothing heavy lol just unhappy with u.c Crystal's in general but I do understand how pulls work just venting lol
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Zverce said:

Lormif said:

As @ZeepZorp says. Note I did not say you WOULD get 5 champs on any particular pull, I said you would get about 5 based on a large pool of rolls. The more pulls you make the closer you get to that 5 per 100. It is best not to open these crystals and wait for cav or later. The benefit for being UC is not these crystals, it is the monthly UC EQ where you get a quarter of a 6 * and most of a 5* as well as t5bc and t2ac
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    If you’ve been playing for 4 years you should know the drop rates for crystals is garbage.

The cav crystal is the only one with anything close to worth it to gamble because of the split in drop rate is pretty decent towards 5*
    I knew this post would turn into another math lesson.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    For all the people saying its a 5% chance so if you buy 100 crystals you should get 5 that is not how this works at all .....

5% is for one crystal think of it like rolling a dice you have a 1 in 6 chance to roll a 5 you could get o e on the first roll or you can roll it 100 times and never roll a 5 doesnt mean since it is a 1 in 6 that you will get one after 6 rolls
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    If you really want to spend buying uc crystal dont use real money, collect some unit. Not guaranteed that you'll get good champ but less hurt tho.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    The main reason to become Uncollected is to unlock Uncollected difficulty, which gives you 6* shards, T5B fragments, and a boat-load of 5* shards.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    G0311 said:

I've gotten pretty good luck with the cavalier. Some people think im rich, but no im middle class, just you know worked since I was 15, went to school got a useful degree and work 40 hours a week . Pay my bills and have plenty of disposable income, but I can see how a 28 year old living with his family working minimum wage and borrowing his mom's car could think I'm rich. Maybe some how my hard work and my decent pay is steeling from thay guy living with his mom.....maybe

Ummm... Cool story bro...?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It seems to me that with the game where it is, at this point and time, that the drop rates on fours should be raised! period! They are becoming less and less relevant the deeper summoners go into the game and the only possible reason for keep the drop rate as low as they are is to control the distribution of shards and supplies 4s drop...what other reason at this point where they insist on gates requiring certain champs...and later certain level champs...? What justification is there for 4 stars to remain as rare as they are?
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Well, there's an AW node that adds 5% evade. If Cavs dropped 5* at the same rate that dodge activates I would gladly drop cash on the crystals. Funny how a node adding a 5% chance to evade us is more like 55%. Yet a 5% chance to get a 5* from a crystal is more like 1%.

Kabam's math seems very screwed up to me. Haha!

G0311 said:

What did this rambling on about how much money you have or your degrees or the hours you work even matter on what this guy was asking? He was asking the community not you alone if he was wasting “his money” not yours, Good for you we’re all glad your proud of yourself, you should pat yourself on the back and count your what was it “your disposable extra income” lol

Dude it isn’t cool to brag on yourself
    There is an old saying......”self praise is no praise”