**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Greater chance of pulling new additions from 5* basic?

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
Just after midnight, I pulled my 2nd 5* champ. Although I'm happier than I was when I pulled my 1st champ last month (Groot) I'm still not thrilled with pulling 5* Old Man Logan as my 2nd.
I was wondering if there is a greater chance of pulling the newly added champs over the rest. Last month Groot was added and I got him. This month Old Man Logan was added and I got him. I was kinda pissed because Ultron was next in the reel and I wanted him. Honestly I would have preferred an Iron patriot over either OmL or Groot.

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Don't feel so bad. Last night I pulled 5* Spider Gwen and my 5* before that I duped Iron Patriot
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Just after midnight, I pulled my 2nd 5* champ. Although I'm happier than I was when I pulled my 1st champ last month (Groot) I'm still not thrilled with pulling 5* Old Man Logan as my 2nd.
    I was wondering if there is a greater chance of pulling the newly added champs over the rest. Last month Groot was added and I got him. This month Old Man Logan was added and I got him. I was kinda pissed because Ultron was next in the reel and I wanted him. Honestly I would have preferred an Iron patriot over either OmL or Groot.

The reel animation doesn't matter. What you'll get is already determined in the moment the crystal starts to slow down.
    But answering to your question, the chances of pulling any champion in the regular 5-star crystal is the same. You have the same chance of pulling Groot as any other champion in the crystal
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    See I think spider Gwen is an awesome champ aside from her L1. Once you get the timing down, she's an absolute BEAST. Same with IP. Groot is boring as hell imo. And old man Logan is like getting half of a wolverine/x23.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

The reel animation doesn't matter. What you'll get is already determined in the moment the crystal starts to slow down.
    But answering to your question, the chances of pulling any champion in the regular 5-star crystal is the same. You have the same chance of pulling Groot as any other champion in the crystal

Yeah I figured. It just seemed that way because I'm 2 for 2 pulling new additions from the 5* basic.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I pulled groot yesterday, (3rd 5*). Disappointed would be putting it lightly.

My suggestion is don't worry about it, there are probably 15 proper good champs in the whole game, the rest are garbage to be used as arena filler.

Just don't waste resources on the **** champs.
    I thought it was determined the minute the crystal came on the screen. I just was frustrated because the guy I wanted was right there.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I haven't pulled any champs that have been added since guillys bunch back in march
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    As soon as you claim the crystal, that's your guy. Hoard the shards rather than claiming (and not opening) crystals if you are waiting for specific champs.
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    Don't feel so bad about the OML pull. Personally, I think he's a pretty underrated champ. I have his 4* at r5, and 35 healing per tick (70 per second), regardless, is pretty solid. Not to mention, he does solid damage with fury and cruelty buffs. If his pacifism charges stack, then he can do killer bleed damage on sp2. I'm curious what his 5* healing is at r4, though I wouldn't recommend making that upgrade in general.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    at least you didnt pull back to back loki
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    i did
    I am totally unable to hoard crystal shards.
    Rbvojtik wrote: »
    Don't feel so bad about the OML pull. Personally, I think he's a pretty underrated champ. I have his 4* at r5, and 35 healing per tick (70 per second), regardless, is pretty solid. Not to mention, he does solid damage with fury and cruelty buffs. If his pacifism charges stack, then he can do killer bleed damage on sp2. I'm curious what his 5* healing is at r4, though I wouldn't recommend making that upgrade in general.

I'm gonna bring him to r2 and decide from there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I am totally unable to hoard crystal shards.

Have to agree. I've never been much for saving. Lol. I don't think it's an increased chance for newer ones. It just happens that you've pulled 2.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Pulled Iron fist on my first. Ronan on my second and Symbiote Spidey my third time. Cannot complain.
    My 5* dream team is: Crossbones, Rouge, Nebula or Stark Spidey, Hyperion or Drax, Ghost Rider, Quake.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    As soon as you claim the crystal, that's your guy. Hoard the shards rather than claiming (and not opening) crystals if you are waiting for specific champs.

This is even earlier on the determination of champ compared with those I have read.

Unless something had changed it does not sound correct.

The champ is not determined on claiming the crystal. It is once (those who spins) it starts to spin (i.e. at the point of no turning back).
    winterthur wrote: »

This is even earlier on the determination of champ compared with those I have read.

Unless something had changed it does not sound correct.

The champ is not determined on claiming the crystal. It is once (those who spins) it starts to spin (i.e. at the point of no turning back).

This is correct. The outcome is generated when you click Open or Spin.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

If that were true then we'd expect that when someone gets a fully formed PHC that would also be true: a fully formed PHC in your inventory would be guaranteed to contain only those champions that were in the PHC table at the time the PHC was awarded. That does not appear to be true.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I pulled 5* Kamala last week. It's taken me a full week to recover from the disappointment.

She joins Colossus, IP and Loki in my roster of garbage.
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I pulled 5* Kamala last week. It's taken me a full week to recover from the disappointment.

She joins Colossus, IP and Loki in my roster of garbage.
    Loki is pretty versatile.