**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is AW Matchmaking Broken?

So... decided to try an additional account, since I'd made Cavalier on my main and wanted to see how well I could do on limited champs for resources. Just for fun, because I like to play.

My surprising discovery was that my main alliance struggles with tough challengers and the challengers against my "new" alliance, where our average player's skill level was MUCH worse than in my primary account's alliance, has been getting easy opponents and a "free ride" for months now.

It's still the same for every war: Old alliance getting very tough challengers and has to struggle for 4* shards and can't get above 900 rating, while the new alliance is getting empty battlegrounds and easy opponents, essentially being granted a cakewalk for easy 5* shards and 1200+ rating.

Kabam, can you explain?

Comments

• I noticed this too. Seems as though the top alliances and the bottom alliances have the upper hand, while those struggling in the middle get left out to dry. It's like all of the focus is on Boomers and Millennials and they forgot about Generation X...
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    BNOJams said:

So... decided to try an additional account, since I'd made Cavalier on my main and wanted to see how well I could do on limited champs for resources. Just for fun, because I like to play.

My surprising discovery was that my main alliance struggles with tough challengers and the challengers against my "new" alliance, where our average player's skill level was MUCH worse than in my primary account's alliance, has been getting easy opponents and a "free ride" for months now.

It's still the same for every war: Old alliance getting very tough challengers and has to struggle for 4* shards and can't get above 900 rating, while the new alliance is getting empty battlegrounds and easy opponents, essentially being granted a cakewalk for easy 5* shards and 1200+ rating.

Kabam, can you explain?

Describe the actual situation then, as in:

Alliance A, war rating of X, alliance rating Y, running Z number of battlegroups runs into etc

Vs

Alliance B, war rating of X, alliance rating Y, running Z number of battlegroups runs into etc.

Low levels running 3 bgs will run you into a lot more trash than low levels of 1bg where you're more apt to run into retirement ally's who like to flex once in a while