**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gates on the new event quest are unnecessary

My account is pretty stacked but i dont have a sinister in any * level
So now i gotta do maybe ~100+ 1v1 fights to try and get him to finish the event
Which in itself is pretty time consuming
But now i have to literally waste time on 1v1 for ONE path

Totally unnecessary

Comments

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Nah
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    But then we wouldn't have the opportunity to get 12 exclusive 2*. Definitely worth the trade off for me.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    phil56201 said:

But then we wouldn't have the opportunity to get 12 exclusive 2*. Definitely worth the trade off for me.

The arena doesnt have to demand gates
    Gates are dumb and a waste of time
  • KingKiah said:

Totally unnecessary

They aren't necessary, that's true, but they are a way to reward players who have grown their rosters over time. The larger the roster, the more likely it is they will have the champs that can unlock the gates.

And what reward are they giving those players? Basically, time. They aren't getting a special bonus or a unique reward. They get to pass through the gates without having to hunt for the champs. Everyone else just has to grind the 1v1. This is better than not having the 1v1 crystals, which would then lock everyone missing the gate champs out of the content.

Roster growth is one of the fundamental benchmarks of progress in this game, and the game is going to both encourage it and reward it. But this kind of reward is just about the best kind of reward the game can give, because it is a reward that everyone else can just apply some time to work around. It is analogous to selling things for units, and letting arena grinders earn units instead of spending cash.
    KingKiah said:

phil56201 said:

The arena doesnt have to demand gates
    Gates are dumb and a waste of time
    That's all fine and good, but if there were no gates, again...I wouldn't be able to get these exclusive 2*s because they then wouldn't run the 1v1 2* arena. So I'm all the way good with it.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

This. So much this. I've done less than 100 fights. I've gotten and duped all but DH. Little **** is evading me.
    Opened 40 so far and gotten all but Thing, DV, and Dorm. The grind goes on...
  • DNA3000 said:

KingKiah said:

Totally unnecessary

They aren't necessary, that's true, but they are a way to reward players who have grown their rosters over time. The larger the roster, the more likely it is they will have the champs that can unlock the gates.

And what reward are they giving those players? Basically, time. They aren't getting a special bonus or a unique reward. They get to pass through the gates without having to hunt for the champs. Everyone else just has to grind the 1v1. This is better than not having the 1v1 crystals, which would then lock everyone missing the gate champs out of the content.

Roster growth is one of the fundamental benchmarks of progress in this game, and the game is going to both encourage it and reward it. But this kind of reward is just about the best kind of reward the game can give, because it is a reward that everyone else can just apply some time to work around. It is analogous to selling things for units, and letting arena grinders earn units instead of spending cash.
    I have never thought about it like this but that is amazing and makes a lot of sense
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Needed to collect 11, opened 50 so far, and only missing Mr Sinister.