Champion Spotlight - Elsa Bloodstone

Comments

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 781 ★★★
    Which of her basic hits are non contact?
  • "Beauty and the Beast - with Beast - 4* and above

Beast: Beast’s Special 3 Fury is maintained until his Combo count is reset."

Currently, Beast does not have any fury effect, and his special 3 description does not mention any as well.
    From his spotlight: "Increases Attack by 3% per hit in the combo meter, up to a maximum of 150% Attack."

This should be rectified in the synergy description. It should simply be something like "Beast attack increase from his special 3 is maintained until his Combo count is reset".
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 372 ★★
    Sounds like she's going to have trouble fighting Havok. The Plasma Debuffs are going to be constantly purified, dealing her damage, and if she ends with a medium or s1, she'll place a Coldsnap, which'll massively increase the rate those are placed.

Currently, Beast does not have any fury effect, and his special 3 description does not mention any as well.
    From his spotlight: "Increases Attack by 3% per hit in the combo meter, up to a maximum of 150% Attack."

This should be rectified in the synergy description. It should simply be something like "Beast attack increase from his special 3 is maintained until his Combo count is reset".

This synergy works by creating an infinite duration Fury Buff at the end of Beast's Special 3 which has potency equal to the attack rating increase granted by that Special Attack normally. Beast will keep this Fury Buff until his Combo count resets.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,682 ★★★★

"Beauty and the Beast - with Beast - 4* and above

This synergy works by creating an infinite duration Fury Buff at the end of Beast's Special 3 which has potency equal to the attack rating increase granted by that Special Attack normally. Beast will keep this Fury Buff until his Combo count resets.
    I apologize and I know this is off topic but since Beast is being brought up.

What Beast needs is the restoration of his designed crit rate increase of 25% crit for 5 seconds after successfully completing his freestyle combo. The conversion to flat values stripped this from him and left him with a measly 4% increase bringing his crit rate to only 20% for 5s instead of the 40% he once had during his short life prior to flat values.

• Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 3
    Should have been a synergy between her and the "Frost Queen" 😉

I appreciate the explanation of how the synergy would work. But still, those details are missing from the description.
    Now instead of a passive increase in the attack rating like I was thinking it would be, it is a buff instead. Meaning it can be nullified or affected by other abilities, as well as nodes. Honestly, it's worse than I thought.

But to go back to the main subject, the description should mention this fury buff, to make it simple and less confusing.

"After a special 3, Beast gains a permanent Fury Buff , granting the amount of attack he would already gain by this ability. This buff is removed when Beast loses his combo meter".
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,165 ★★★
    That assassin mastery synergy looks interesting.
  • Weaver1983Weaver1983 Posts: 37
    Looks like she's got potential.. But also seems overly complicated to achieve that potential. Need some gameplay.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    That beast synergy could be massive, I’m not 100% sure because I never play him but I think you get up to 150% attack from the sp3, he could be a fairly hard hitter with that synergy and a bit of ramp up
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 741 ★★
    So we have Elsa, is it time for Olaf?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,057 ★★★★

"Beauty and the Beast - with Beast - 4* and above

I agree with Will that it could be more clearly worded; but wanted to say Thanks! It's great to see a decent synergy for Beast.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 846 ★★★
    Random question: Does the fury with Beast stack?
    Looking at this I think I’ve got the base Strat, rush to s2 without using rounds, get all the behemoth busters up with the s2 then go o the s1, get all the dot off then repeat, with 6 behemoth buster debuffs the dot deals 1200% attack overall, and you have a large burst of damage after each crit and you get a lot of crits with the precision, seems like she could hit extremely hard overall but will take a little ramp up, a bit like namor
  • ArylAryl Posts: 601 ★★★
    So... she's like totally anti Void?

Also, no synergy with Blade?
    I guess they think Blade is too good to give another synergy to. Personally I think they could have given him a simple bleed duration extension without breaking him, but that’s just me.
  • GeKriszGeKrisz Posts: 13
    When Elsa is affected by a Bleed Debuff, Non-Mutant Champions gain a Passive Degeneration dealing 145.92 Direct Damage every 0.5 seconds until all Bleed Debuffs on Elsa end. While this Degen is active Opponents are also Heal Blocked.
    Does this mean in alliance war if the owner has suicide on, the attacker suffer fromd Passive Degen?
    GeKrisz said:

When Elsa is affected by a Bleed Debuff, Non-Mutant Champions gain a Passive Degeneration dealing 145.92 Direct Damage every 0.5 seconds until all Bleed Debuffs on Elsa end. While this Degen is active Opponents are also Heal Blocked.
    Does this mean in alliance war if the owner has suicide on, the attacker suffer fromd Passive Degen?

That’s what I read it as, if it is that could be devastating, 32 ticks of that buffed up by nodes is a lot
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,682 ★★★★
    edited September 29
    Lvernon15 said:

That’s what I read it as, if it is that could be devastating, 32 ticks of that buffed up by nodes is a lot

Given that she purifies debuffs when inflicted with non damaging debuffs this will not be applicable to every node as a parry stun can purify the bleed. Only stun immune nodes will see this issue and you can plan to bring a champ to combat it.

“ While suffering from a Non-Damaging Debuff, Elsa has a 100% chance to Purify 1 of any Debuff every 2.60 seconds.”

• GeKriszGeKrisz Posts: 13
    edited September 29
    Lvernon15 said:

I was just curios, cause they managed to seperate suicide's bleed from normal bleed when you go against Cable with suicide.

Lvernon15 said:

Given that she purifies debuffs when inflicted with non damaging debuffs this will not be applicable to every node as a parry stun can purify the bleed. Only stun immune nodes will see this issue and you can plan to bring a champ to combat it.

“ While suffering from a Non-Damaging Debuff, Elsa has a 100% chance to Purify 1 of any Debuff every 2.60 seconds.”

I don’t think parry quite makes 2.6 though, 2 seconds and 0.5 from stupefy, and the 1 point in limber almost everyone runs will keep it from reaching. 2.6 unless you’re using a perfect block champ
  • SarreySarrey Posts: 40
    Ace_03 said:

Elsa seems more like a defender, evade, some stun immunity work around, hits hard and plenty of debuffs.

Disappointed she has no regeneration, her bleed degen is dope *Counters Blade and makes him useless in your path* but they could have given her a moderate regen like Angela, also no Synergies with Blade, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing?

She's ok, but her abilities seem pretty standard for the typical skill champion, except for a few things here and there.

I appreciate any release of 'normal' champions. As every month they are creating unbalance by releasing some high damage or utility champ.
  • SarreySarrey Posts: 40
    edited October 1

How would elsa's evade on parry interact with mordo? if you parry mordo he's stunned, then elsa's counter attacking hit triggers astral evade automatically?

When she activate the Evade on her Well-Timed Block, she won't activate the Stun from Parry, so Mordo wouldn't be Stunned when her counter attack hits.
    How will be the interaction when she well time a block on counter punch charged kill monger?
    Also when opponent is unstoppable if she well time a block please elaborate the interaction.
    And last when armoured Black Panther CW encounter her well timed block...
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 823 ★★★★
    Sarrey said:

Ace_03 said:

Elsa seems more like a defender, evade, some stun immunity work around, hits hard and plenty of debuffs.

Disappointed she has no regeneration, her bleed degen is dope *Counters Blade and makes him useless in your path* but they could have given her a moderate regen like Angela, also no Synergies with Blade, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing?

She's ok, but her abilities seem pretty standard for the typical skill champion, except for a few things here and there.

I appreciate any release of 'normal' champions. As every month they are creating unbalance by releasing some high damage or utility champ.
    So the game should be mostly mediocre and decent champions and only a handful of great champs every blue moon, how is that balanced then?

Please enlighten us.
    Well it prevents power creep I suppose
    Sarrey said:

Ace_03 said:

A game needs new top champs or it will get boring, and if kabam aren’t releasing top champs or are neefing new top champs we will be stuck with the old ones for too long, the meta in games like this has to change, and it needs to change by large buffs or new releases, not nerfing current top champs
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 823 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

How is it that Elsa Bloodstone, daughter of a legendary vampire hunter and able to destroy vampires who drink her blood, has zero synergy with the only vampire champion in the game?

Dr. Zola

"Reasons".
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,797 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

DrZola said:

How is it that Elsa Bloodstone, daughter of a legendary vampire hunter and able to destroy vampires who drink her blood, has zero synergy with the only vampire champion in the game?

Dr. Zola

"Reasons".
    That’s the only “reason” I can think of. Same as Thanos Army aren’t villains “reason.”

Dr. Zola
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,947 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Ace_03 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

"Reasons".
    That’s the only “reason” I can think of. Same as Thanos Army aren’t villains “reason.”

Dr. Zola
    If they think Blade is overpowered enough, they could have given a synergy that only benefits Elsa