13»

Comments

• VERY OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN MOST FIGHT LACK DEFENCIVE
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 871 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

Ace_03 said:

DrZola said:

How is it that Elsa Bloodstone, daughter of a legendary vampire hunter and able to destroy vampires who drink her blood, has zero synergy with the only vampire champion in the game?

Dr. Zola

"Reasons".
    That’s the only “reason” I can think of. Same as Thanos Army aren’t villains “reason.”

Dr. Zola
    If they think Blade is overpowered enough, they could have given a synergy that only benefits Elsa
    Like Venom The Duck, his synergies only affect him.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,562 ★★★★
    Here is my review for Elsa Bloodstone. I will be doing champ reviews from now one
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/162516/elsa-bloodstone-champ-review#latest
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 590 ★★★
    Is Elsa meant to apply the degen damage under suicides?
  • Is Elsa meant to apply the degen damage under suicides?

She will apply her Degeneration Passive any time she's affected by a Bleed Debuff, including the one from Double-Edge.
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 7,915 Guardian
    edited October 2019

She will apply her Degeneration Passive any time she's affected by a Bleed Debuff, including the one from Double-Edge.
    I honestly think that should be changed. Again, you guus created a scenario of unavoidable damage.
    It isn't even anything irrelevant, since the damage is enough to fully K.O. any champion when facing against her on AW deffense for example. This scenario is worst than the "coldsnap at the beginning of the fight" from a few years ago, and it just went back to another "ice phoenix" fiasco. But worse, since it's a degeneration that no champion is immune to it.

Revives won't cover it. Potions won't cover it.
    The only strategy left is to revive, 1 combo before get K.O, and repeat.
    edited October 2019
    does this damage scale? I fought a 5/50 in arena and lost basically half my health in under a minute, if this was an AW boos at 40k + PI under suicides you’d be dead within 10 seconds. Really believe this needs to be looked at, how many champs can actually counter degen that’s applied at the start of a fight?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,121 ★★★★

It isn't even anything irrelevant, since the damage is enough to fully K.O. any champion when facing against her on AW deffense for example. This scenario is worst than the "coldsnap at the beginning of the fight" from a few years ago, and it just went back to another "ice phoenix" fiasco. But worse, since it's a degeneration that no champion is immune to it.

Revives won't cover it. Potions won't cover it.
    The only strategy left is to revive, 1 combo before get K.O, and repeat.

An entire class of champions is immune to it though.
  • I wish her pistol hits were non-contact like Domino's
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 284

wait: warlock's synergy doesn't work with suicides, diablo/mephisto synergy doesn't work with suicides, cable doesn't work with suicides, but Elsa does? what's the difference? even if we don't consider synergies and we take into account only cable, what's the difference between the two?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Her signature ability makes her practically a Thing-killer, especially when he is placed as AW Boss (also combined with her ability to counter stun-immune with perfect block). And of course MODOK, Red Hulk, Luke - killer as well. And she counters Void, by shrugging-off his non-damaging debuffs.

But she is certainly decent without her sig.
    That degen on defense. 😂
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115

That degen on defense. 😂

It’s comical!
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,515 ★★★★★
    Someone didn’t test her degen with suicides ... this is like Mr Sinister but in reverse 😂
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 2,214 ★★★★
    wow
    edited October 2019
    Any word from someone in the know if this is functioning as intended? Zibiit maybe?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 986 ★★★

Was this tested as an AW boss before she was released?
    Doubtful. She also prevents Nick Fury’s signature from working properly. His LMD callouts appear, then he dies.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 507 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Just a heads-up, since this seems to have gone unnoticed: Elsa is an amazing counter to Masochism nodes, due to her evade mechanic. During the cooldown period, since she inflicts so many debuffs, she parries normally too. So, don't consider her a defensive champion only.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,489 ★★★★

Was this tested as an AW boss before she was released?
    Doubtful. She also prevents Nick Fury’s signature from working properly. His LMD callouts appear, then he dies.
    So a pretty hard counter to Nick?

She's a bit of a defensive nightmare; but it sounds this effect is in keeping with her abilities-
    Usually Nick's Sig means that he removes all debuffs when his LMD disappears. This means normal Heal Block doesn't stop his regeneration, as it disappears.
    Elsa's passive degeneration won't be removed (or will be instantly reapplied) if she's bleeding.
    This prevents Nick healing at all; and the degeneration instantly kills him.
    Presumably, Mysterio could be similarly effective; as he's also got access to a passive Heal-blocking effect...

Given that Nick is also ridiculously overpowered (as a guy who has exactly zero powers in comics/movies), I'd say this particular counter to him specifically isn't the reason to change Elsa's abilities.

The fact you can take her (as a 5/50 4-star) into literally 5/6 of all fights in the game (including Maestro, Collector, etc) with Double Edge on, and watch your opponent lose 17,520 health over the first 60 seconds is surely a better reason. Since her Sig scales with attack, that would be 28,000 damage without a single hit!

Should we throw in a 30% Champion boost, and maybe a Nick Fury synergy? 35,000 damage, from a 5/50 4-Star champion. Unavoidable, without even landing a punch.

It's a good job this was tested out, and a decision made that it wasn't in any way game-breaking...

FYI, I suspect this is the key to countering her,
    MCOC Team said:

Abilities:
    Bloodgem Protection:
    While suffering from a Non-Damaging Debuff, Elsa has a 100% chance to Purify 1 of any Debuff every 2.60 seconds.

Just use any champ who can inflict a non-damaging debuff (Parry or Resonate would help, here) and voilà: the debuff, her bleed and your degeneration are shrugged off 2.6 seconds later...

The fact you can take her (as a 5/50 4-star) into literally 5/6 of all fights in the game (including Maestro, Collector, etc) with Double Edge on, and watch your opponent lose 17,520 health over the first 60 seconds is surely a better reason. Since her Sig scales with attack, that would be 28,000 damage without a single hit!

Should we throw in a 30% Champion boost, and maybe a Nick Fury synergy? 35,000 damage, from a 5/50 4-Star champion. Unavoidable, without even landing a punch.

It's a good job this was tested out, and a decision made that it wasn't in any way game-breaking...

MCOC Team said:

Abilities:
    Bloodgem Protection:
    While suffering from a Non-Damaging Debuff, Elsa has a 100% chance to Purify 1 of any Debuff every 2.60 seconds.

Just use any champ who can inflict a non-damaging debuff (Parry or Resonate would help, here) and voilà: the debuff, her bleed and your degeneration are shrugged off 2.6 seconds later...
    Those numbers are way off for a 5/50 since double edge lasts for 16 seconds max...Base damage with DE3 is 6073 (plus other attack modifiers x). It’s not close to game breaking, and yeah about that testing...

While the wording of Bloodgem Protection sounds like like she can shrug the bleed when affected by a non damaging debuff it appears to only shrug one non damaging debuff at a time and zero damaging debuffs, based on the testing I have done. I made the same assumption earlier on.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,489 ★★★★

MCOC Team said:

Abilities:
    Bloodgem Protection:

Those numbers are way off for a 5/50 since double edge lasts for 16 seconds max...Base damage with DE3 is 6073 (plus other attack modifiers x). It’s not close to game breaking, and yeah about that testing...

While the wording of Bloodgem Protection sounds like like she can shrug the bleed when affected by a non damaging debuff it appears to only shrug one non damaging debuff at a time and zero damaging debuffs, based on the testing I have done. I made the same assumption earlier on.
    Hmmm. I thought Double Edge lasted for sixty seconds?

Sixteen seconds is a lot less threatening. My (significant) mistake; thanks @CoatHang3r.

(Double Edge is looking a bit more appealing, in that case...)

And it means that Elsa would inflict 4692 damage in sixteen seconds; 9344 with full suicides and boosts. That's probably more on a par with Iceman; so less game-changing than I'd thought.

Although if she's full suicides (+60% Attack) and defending a +200% Attack node, it still becomes something like 17,000 damage in sixteen seconds). Ouch!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,975 ★★★★★

MCOC Team said:

Abilities:
    Bloodgem Protection:

Hmmm. I thought Double Edge lasted for sixty seconds?

Sixteen seconds is a lot less threatening. My (significant) mistake; thanks @CoatHang3r.

(Double Edge is looking a bit more appealing, in that case...)

And it means that Elsa would inflict 4692 damage in sixteen seconds; 9344 with full suicides and boosts. That's probably more on a par with Iceman; so less game-changing than I'd thought.

Although if she's full suicides (+60% Attack) and defending a +200% Attack node, it still becomes something like 17,000 damage in sixteen seconds). Ouch!
    a rank 2 6* full suicides and attack masteries can do 558 per tick, so 1116 per second, before any node boosts are active. This only works in hidden nodes because if you can see her you can avoid the damage with a mutant champ
  • Solen123Solen123 Posts: 9
    How do i get sig-Stones is it when it says level ap 1-2 levels to your signitjure abiletis are they aktiv then or not ? Dont now how to do friends ???