**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited August 2017
    RDTs would be pointless. 6* are six months out, RDTs last one month, and stash holds for one month. You'd have to use em or lose em anyway.

I don't see why these should have an expire date, but the goal would be transfer those to 5*s... The vast majority of 4*s are already almost useless nowadays (e.g. 5.2, AW top tiers) and seems obvious this will soon happen for almost all new content so it would be nice to start the adjustment asap!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Understood, but the vast majority of us that have a fair 5* roster don't have ones worth using them on anyway. If I have any quality 5*, they go to r3 first anyhow. At this point, they wouldn't really benefit a large amount of players.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Understood, but the vast majority of us that have a fair 5* roster don't have ones worth using them on anyway. If I have any quality 5*, they go to r3 first anyhow. At this point, they wouldn't really benefit a large amount of players.

"Vast majority"? "Large amount of players"? So you're actually saying more than 50% of players have a developed 5* roster and would get no use ranking down 4* champs and ranking up 5* champs? That horse that you're sitting on must be really high if you can't see what's going on below.
  • Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 84
    I think a few rank up tickets would be an idea.....form 4* to 5*....
    Viper1987 wrote: »

"Vast majority"? "Large amount of players"? So you're actually saying more than 50% of players have a developed 5* roster and would get no use ranking down 4* champs and ranking up 5* champs? That horse that you're sitting on must be really high if you can't see what's going on below.

Read whole sentences bud, don't just skim. The sentence was "the vast majority of us THAT HAVE A FAIR 5* ROSTER". I understand the vast majority of all players have zero or a few 5* champs. His statement was that class cats could be re-applied to 5* champs, I'm saying that doesn't work for most players that DO have a 5* roster cause the champs are bad.
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited August 2017

Read whole sentences bud, don't just skim. The sentence was "the vast majority of us THAT HAVE A FAIR 5* ROSTER". I understand the vast majority of all players have zero or a few 5* champs. His statement was that class cats could be re-applied to 5* champs, I'm saying that doesn't work for most players that DO have a 5* roster cause the champs are bad.

The concept of a bad champ is very subjective, and the constant changes make it impossible to predict how useful a champ may be, e.g. Magik and Rhino. At this point I would simply R3 every 5* I have and/or get back some of the T4s that were hard to earn or bought...
    vrto wrote: »

The concept of a bad champ is very subjective, and the constant changes make it impossible to predict how useful a champ may be, e.g. Magik and Rhino. At this point I would simply R3 every 5* I have and/or get back some of the T4s that were hard to earn or bought...

Dunno man, I wouldn't invest any cats into my unduped Luke, ant-man, magneto, etc. if you'd like, I'll use "undesirable" instead. So many high end players have a lot of undesirable 5* champs now who should not be ranked up. This is an issue created by the poor selection of champs that have been added to the basic pool while many good 4* champs were not released at all as 5*. The cream didn't rise to the 5*, it was skimmed and thrown away.
  • Dunno man, I wouldn't invest any cats into my unduped Luke, ant-man, magneto, etc. if you'd like, I'll use "undesirable" instead. So many high end players have a lot of undesirable 5* champs now who should not be ranked up. This is an issue created by the poor selection of champs that have been added to the basic pool while many good 4* champs were not released at all as 5*. The cream didn't rise to the 5*, it was skimmed and thrown away.

Sure but that is the same scenario as who doesn't have many or 5*s at all, just grab a few cats back from the now/soon useless 4* champs...
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    6*s shouldn't be coming out at all. 5*s came out when it was actually possible to max 4* champs. A massive cash grab by kabam and it's blatantly obvious

• rjancasz wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5* (and eventually 6*). While increasing or removing the cap on the number of T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start, it is not enough.

I'm posting this again because someone has "flagged" it and these are valid questions.
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Badrose wrote: »
    TOTAL BS!!! We spent a lot of resources for 4s and now all of a sudden here comes 6s when we can't max 5s yet.

Give us 1000 rank down tickets to get rid of 4s or you will quickly die and rot for good this time

I heard of a rumor that rank down tickets may come back in December (right before 6*s come out). I hope this is true so I can take a few 5*s to 4/5 and 3/5.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I've narrowed down the problem, you shouldn't have made 5*s go to r5, introducing one level to the game in 5 months would be great, but introducing two levels higher than an r4 5* in a 5 month period is a rush job, it's unbalancing the game already and will make 4*s obsolete very very quickly, I'm curious why you bring in not selling 5* because now you can't actually milk the whales, oh wait if a 4* vision costs $150, I dread to think the dollar value
    You will place on a 6 * crystal.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★

I did read. Just because you R3 every "quality 5*" you get does not mean everyone else does. When you make blanket statements that speak for the majority like that, it is important to know the situation of the majority. From reading your posts, it seems like you're in the upper echelon of the game (probably top 100 alliance). Even for me, our alliance ranks around the top 200 in expert in AQ and is probably top 125 in AW and I still have a handful of champs that I wouldn't mind ranking to use or to get ready for a dupe. I do not do it because I simply do not have the resources, same with a lot of members in our alliance. We have to be selective because of resources. That would be a whole other story if we had the resources we invested in 4*. I am not trying to be rude, but assuming that the majority have no need to reallocate resources is inaccurate.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No rank down tickets please. Kabam we dont need that. People will just rank 4 all the feature 5 stars and this will debalance the game!
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Kabam, can you tell me the difference between a 3*, 4*, 5*, and 6* Ultron? Why are we having our rosters defiled arbitrarily so we can rank up the same version of the champ we just had defiled?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This sucks because I've been holding on to all my t2a cats in the hopes of getting a great 5* champ to rank up. Now not sure I should ever use those cats on a 5*.

The hope to pull and dupe a good 5 * to finally pull he trigger was one of the only draws still left. Like others said takes the wind right out of my sails for playing the game for the next 5 month. Basically log on to grind to collect resources to eventually find out all the 6* options suck and be disappointed yet again.
  • vrto wrote: »
    With such 4* devaluation incoming, I believe you should consider to send an adjustment pack with 4* derank tickets, at the very least... Not everyone is swimming in T4 catalysts you certainly know, and the ones used on 4* were hard to obtain!

This will not be happening for a number of reasons, but the major ones being that you'll still need your 4-Star Champions for quite some time, and because this is a line of progression. You used your 4-Stars to get you to where you are now and to get 5-Stars, now you'll use them to get 6-Stars.
  • GohmaGohma Posts: 32
    Okay this game is now garbage. 6 stars are trash. Why you ask? Because 2 years down the road 7 star champs will come out and not to mention we will probably have the limited roster of **** like rhinos and IMs. This game is rediculous.
  • DD2 wrote: »
    Kabam, can you tell me the difference between a 3*, 4*, 5*, and 6* Ultron? Why are we having our rosters defiled arbitrarily so we can rank up the same version of the champ we just had defiled?

They are not being defiled. They are just as valuable as they have always been, but now there will be another version that is more powerful that will give you an advantage in later content that is more difficult (way down the line), or current content that is tuned for current rosters.
  • Timone147 wrote: »
    This sucks because I've been holding on to all my t2a cats in the hopes of getting a great 5* champ to rank up. Now not sure I should ever use those cats on a 5*.

The hope to pull and dupe a good 5 * to finally pull he trigger was one of the only draws still left. Like others said takes the wind right out of my sails for playing the game for the next 5 month. Basically log on to grind to collect resources to eventually find out all the 6* options suck and be disappointed yet again.

Keep in mind that the same way that it took quite some time to be able to Rank Up 5-Stars compared to 4-Stars, it will be similar for 6-Stars. You'll still want to have a strong Roster of 5-Star and 4-Star Champions, because you'll need them to earn the materials required to obtain and rank up 6-Stars.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »

Keep in mind that the same way that it took quite some time to be able to Rank Up 5-Stars compared to 4-Stars, it will be similar for 6-Stars. You'll still want to have a strong Roster of 5-Star and 4-Star Champions, because you'll need them to earn the materials required to obtain and rank up 6-Stars.

You are keeping in mind that when 5* champs hit the scene we already had maxed 4* champs and plenty at r4.
    This go around we won't even have the resources to max 5*s around for a while before 6* champs arrive in quests. And many players don't even have their 5*s at r4 because they are complete garbage.
    When 5*s made an appearance 4*s were already easy to come by in comparison to how challenging it is to get 5*s now. And those who can get a 5* monthly can't even get a decent one.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

You are keeping in mind that when 5* champs hit the scene we already had maxed 4* champs and plenty at r4.
    This go around we won't even have the resources to max 5*s around for a while before 6* champs arrive in quests. And many players don't even have their 5*s at r4 because they are complete garbage.
    When 5*s made an appearance 4*s were already easy to come by in comparison to how challenging it is to get 5*s now. And those who can get a 5* monthly can't even get a decent one.

That is not entirely true...the vast majorities of players did not have max ranked 4*s when 5*s were released. Plus t2 alpha catalysts were not released until well after 5*s had even been introduced into the game making it impossible to rank them up past 3/45 which is equivalent to 5/50 4*s. They've already stated that prior to release of the 6*s that t5b catalysts will be introduced and that the rank up requirements to max out a 5* will be changed. So it seems like this is a very similar circumstance as there was when 5*s were released almost 2 years ago.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★

And you should add the time and effort.
    Ours hours, days and efforts have no an extra star suddenly.
    The climb was already huge, impossible for many, the new climb will be beyond the rational.
    Despite promises about the materials availability will be rise, I'm pretty sure it will not be rise according to the new reality, because it would rise a lot A Lot (fixing the former gap and the new gap) and because in that way wouldn't make the necessity they want make to profit the new tier.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    420sam wrote: »

That is not entirely true...the vast majorities of players did not have max ranked 4*s when 5*s were released. Plus t2 alpha catalysts were not released until well after 5*s had even been introduced into the game making it impossible to rank them up past 3/45 which is equivalent to 5/50 4*s. They've already stated that prior to release of the 6*s that t5b catalysts will be introduced and that the rank up requirements to max out a 5* will be changed. So it seems like this is a very similar circumstance as there was when 5*s were released almost 2 years ago.
    Which parts not true? Plenty of people had maxed 4*'s. And the community as a whole was already taking a good portion of 4*s up to r4 or at least building materials for rank 5.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Now that I've had some time to think more about this, I'll try to say something meaningful.

First off thank you for the heads up about the coming 6*'s. It is a reasonable amount of time ahead to allow us to plan for roster changes.

For me, and I am speaking for myself only, this has placed an effective expiration date on 4*'s. It makes no sense now for me to consider grinding in arenas for basic and certainly not for a 4* feature (Figures I finally a roster I could in theory start putting up 14 - 19m in feature).
    Just like it has not made sense for me to grind for a 3*.

Newer players this makes a huge opportunity to get a good 4* team to start building a team of 5*'s as many players that have been around for a bit will not be hitting arenas past milestones and get shards which can translate into lower scores needed to get that new champ.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Now that I've had some time to think more about this, I'll try to say something meaningful.

First off thank you for the heads up about the coming 6*'s. It is a reasonable amount of time ahead to allow us to plan for roster changes.

For me, and I am speaking for myself only, this has placed an effective expiration date on 4*'s. It makes no sense now for me to consider grinding in arenas for basic and certainly not for a 4* feature (Figures I finally a roster I could in theory start putting up 14 - 19m in feature).
    Just like it has not made sense for me to grind for a 3*.

Newer players this makes a huge opportunity to get a good 4* team to start building a team of 5*'s as many players that have been around for a bit will not be hitting arenas past milestones and get shards which can translate into lower scores needed to get that new champ.

Except that it won't nearly as much -- newer players will be flooded with 5* shards in a way veteran players never were (they already are based on the current calendar). Do you think they will be content to grind 17M for a 4* feature when they realize there is no way that a 4* will have the prestige needed to keep up in AQ or the firepower to handle anything other than the most watered-down new story quests? Do you think they will want to spend real $$$ on 4* feature crystals or pray to the RNG genie that they get a decent 4* or a 4* dupe so they can scrap together some 5* shards? They won't. They will want 5*'s just like everyone else, because you'll need to use them to get 6*'s and to keep up in the game and to manage through ridiculous quest nodes. And the only way to retain the players who have been around for as long as you and I have will be to make sure we are fed a steady diet of rank-up materials and shards to keep us interested and hanging on the hope of progression -- much of which will necessarily have to be made available at some level to the general player population as well, who will, after all, want to rank up their newly acquired 5*'s...

As for the heads up, I would prefer it came with a 5-month extension on item expiry and a few dozen rank down tickets myself.

Dr. Zola
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

And you should add the time and effort.
    Ours hours, days and efforts have no an extra star suddenly.
    The climb was already huge, impossible for many, the new climb will be beyond the rational.
    Despite promises about the materials availability will be rise, I'm pretty sure it will not be rise according to the new reality, because it would rise a lot A Lot (fixing the former gap and the new gap) and because in that way wouldn't make the necessity they want make to profit the new tier.

No one forced you to focus on 4 stars!
    Hey people arena is optional, just letting you know in case you dont know.
  • When the 9 stars come out I will stop playing...........