**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sunspot: Abilities clarifications

pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Hi guys, some questions on this champ usage.

1. I’ve seen a couple of videos of people charging heavy, and this ability reads:"While heavy attack charging, sunspot purifies 1 incinerate debut on his opponent every 0.18 seconds." Probably a language thing (non-native here) but I sort of don’t understand the benefit. Purify = more damage? I thought we wanted to keep the debuff for the longer we could?
2. Is he immune to anything else besides incineration?
3. Is SP3 the only way to get solar charges back?
4. I've seen the potential damage (sp2+flare state) but it seems like his utility is quite limited. Am I overlooking some quirky awesome thing here?

Comments

• Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    edited October 2019

Hi guys, some questions on this champ usage.

1. I’ve seen a couple of videos of people charging heavy, and this ability reads:"While heavy attack charging, sunspot purifies 1 incinerate debut on his opponent every 0.18 seconds." Probably a language thing (non-native here) but I sort of don’t understand the benefit. Purify = more damage? I thought we wanted to keep the debuff for the longer we could?
    2. Is he immune to anything else besides incineration?
    3. Is SP3 the only way to get solar charges back?
    4. I've seen the potential damage (sp2+flare state) but it seems like his utility is quite limited. Am I overlooking some quirky awesome thing here?

1. Yes! You are overlooking the whole point of purifying the incinerates! It says in the abilities that he gains power for purifying the incinerates, which helps him build up to his SP1's faster and get stacks of flare state for some insane damage.

2. Not that I'm aware of.

3. Yes.

4. He isn't the best in terms of utility, but he does have perfect block on parries, so he takes 0 damage on those.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Ow gotcha. So the parry and charging heavy is just a mean to gain power to get to the SP1 and then the flare states. that does answer 1, thanks. Thoughts on the rest?
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

Ow gotcha. So the parry and charging heavy is just a mean to gain power to get to the SP1 and then the flare states. that does answer 1, thanks. Thoughts on the rest?

I edited it to add info on the other points too, just in case I'll write them again.

2. No.
    3. Yes.
    4. He doesn't have anything else except perfect block on parries in terms of utility.
  • Options
    Thanks bud, this is precious and helps on my next rank up decision :D
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    1- purify recovers his solar charges and gives him power
    2 no
    3 yes
    4 he doesn’t have much utility, he can heal block with despair and get perfect parry on annoying specials though
  • Options
    @Lvernon15 interesting stuff re: heal block. Do you think 1pt only makes a difference or I need this maxed out?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15 interesting stuff re: heal block. Do you think 1pt only makes a difference or I need this maxed out?

You will need it maxed to make it consistent