How do I open my closed Alliance?

WatcherWatcher Member Posts: 4
I created an Alliance, but it appears I created it as closed, and people get a message it is closed when they search for it. How can I get them in when it is listed as closed? (If I can't how do I change it to open?)

Comments

• Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Member Posts: 113
    On your Alliance screen where you see “closed” in red letters. Tap that section and change the privacy settings to open. Good luck with your new alliance.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian
    Or, with a “Closed” Alliance, what you need to do is specifically send out an “invite” to someone to join. Or if you change it to “By Request” then others can do a “request to join” in which you will see their request at top of Ally-Members tab and then you can choose to accept/decline them.
    “Open” means that people could join you automatically, without your prior knowledge, although you could kick them later if they don’t meet your standards.
  • WatcherWatcher Member Posts: 4
    I couldn't find a privacy settings in the Alliance screen. I found I was able to send an invite by clicking on the character picture for the person, and invite them that way. I'll keep trying to find a setting for the overall Alliance because the "by request" sounds like a more ideal way to set it.

Thank you to everyone that has replied.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian
    It’s been a while since I was a Leader, but maybe try from the initial leftmost Tab, GENERAL, of Alliance tabs, clicking on the “info” icon on upper right portion of that Tab Panel (one that shows the creation date of the ally, etc). Maybe that is where you would EDIT your alliance settings. Or else there is some separate EDIT icon for Leaders somewhere similarly located.
    (it is only Leaders that can do that)