**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Beast Enhancement Project

Just in time for Halloween, why not throw out the nicest monster Marvel has to offer?

I thought I could pitch a few changes for Beast where I would synthesize my knowledge of the character, and game design to make him a much better champion than we currently see him.

Disclaimer: I don't mean for this to come across as a champion rework like She-Hulk and Spider Gwen, just an enhancement on the playstyle he already has. People familiar with him won't have to change their way of play.

Hank McCoy has a few interesting features
1. He has agility and dexterity that far exceeds the normal restrictions and qualities that someone of his stature would have.
2. So strong and durable that he can shrug off toxins, bleeds, take a hit from the Hulk with ease, and throw a smaller car.
3. He can resist poisons by Kraven, resist freezing by Iceman, and resist psychic attacks somewhat.
4. He has the combat prowess of a mix of Captain America (the standard for proper fighting in Marvel) and Spiderman (the standard for unpredictable fighting in Marvel).
5. His best feature is his mind. He is one of the 8 smartest people in the world, and has 6 PhDs.

So how does this help us in-game?
1. We've seen agility and dexterity manifest as Evade mechanics.
2. His strength should be reflected in his base physical stats. It seems a disservice that Diablo punches harder than he does (before the bleeds).
3. He currently lacks these resistances, but they would certainly make him much better.
4. This much I think is done well enough in-game
5. But this was sorely abandoned in his character design. We've seen Doctor Octopus make great use of this feature.

So here's what I believe we can do.

Keep:
  • His Agile and Freestyle combo mechanic.
  • His bleeds as they exist
  • His signature ability.
Add:
  • Incoming bleeds have 65% reduced damage
  • Incoming poisons are shrugged off 50% faster
  • Immunity to Coldsnap
  • Immunity to Mind-Control

Now let's touch on Beast's version of Doctor Octopus' Scientific Method
- So Research is built in each Category until it hits 100. If you haven't gained research in a category in 10 seconds it begins to fall off.
- Each category grants a Passive effect which scales as its category builds
- When a category reaches 100 a Breakthrough effect is triggered, as long as there isn't one active.
- When a Breakthrough effect expires, all Research Categories are reset to 0.

Genetics
- Builds on the enemy receiving bleeds.
- Scaling Effect: Bleed damage is increased by up to 50%
- Breakthrough: The opponent receives a very weak permanent bleed, that gives Beast a very small amount of power as the bleed is active.

Electronics
- Builds on Beast evading or using the Dexterity mastery. (This would of course build quite quickly as it is deliberately done by the player dodging).
- Scaling Effect: Evade chance increases (from 0%) to 1/3 of the Biochemistry stack value as a percentage (if you had 30 stacks, you have a 10% Evade chance).
- Breakthrough: Beast gains a buff lasting 20 seconds that causes every Evade or Dexterity triggered by Beast to place a mild Shock debuff on the enemy as he throws an electrical grenade at them.

Biochemistry
- Builds on attacking during a combo or during the resulting buff for completing one.
- Scaling Effect: The damage bonus from Freestyle increases by up to 50%/The heal bonus from Acrobatics increases by up to 50%.
- Breakthrough: Beast gains a strong power gain that gives 30% power over 8 seconds. Additionally, for the next 12 seconds, special attacks have guaranteed crits, and resulting bleeds are also guaranteed.

------------------

So at the End of the Day:
1. Beast has a more suitable set of features (bleed resist, poison resist, coldsnap immunity, evades).
2. He can make interesting use of Breakthroughs to dish out damage in a variety of ways. Being one of the craftiest X-Men he should have a large set of advantages to utilize.

-----------------

Playing As Beast
1. Evade a few times to get that Electronics scaled up, before pushing the enemy across the battlefield.
2. Play in Freestyle and intentionally fail your combos so you can safely build Genetics without accidentally getting the Biochemistry breakthrough first.
3. Try to get a few Genetics breakthroughs first so that your power gain is strong enough to try to loop 2 SP1s back to back once you get the Biochemistry breakthroughs
4. Trigger a Biochemistry breakthrough and a SP1 immediately after so that you can land another SP1 in that 12 second window with the power gain from the breakthrough and the Genetics.
*If the enemy is bleed immune, get Biochemistry breakthroughs as you play aggressively. Once their back is to the wall, spam Dexterity to get the Electronics breakthrough and stack Shocks until your back is to the wall. Alternate between these breakthroughs.*

Playing Against Beast
1. Try not to let Beast dexterity you otherwise he'll get an Evade chance.
2. Just bring raw damage champions and try to melt him.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Please feel free to add constructive criticisms at the bottom

Comments