**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you ever R2 a 6* that you already have as a 5/65 duped?

WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
I just 5/65'ed my 5 Star Omega Red last week who is sitting at Sig 100, and guess who I pull from my 6 Star crystal today?

A 6 Star Omega Red.

I was just wondering if people in the end-game community think 6 Stars are that worth it right now that they deserve an R2 even if unduped? I love OR and use him all the time in Map 6 and Act 6 and have the resources to R2 his 6* version now, but I know how much his dupe helps with his degen and I do not play suicides.

Even if you do not believe I should rank up the 6* version, I am curious to hear your thoughts whether you would if it was another 6* in general that you already had at 5/65.

Would you ever R2 a 6* that you already have as a 5/65 duped? 11 votes

Rank up 6* Omega Red to R2 you cannot have too many Omega Red's
36%
JestressSceptilemaniacLaVarBBBTony886 4 votes
Wait for another different champ, don't waste your resources on the same one
63%
CliffordcanRasiloverSummonerNRB_Dizzle_01TehsigzorzRJustice_209H3t3r 7 votes

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    It depends on the champ. I would rank 2 ghost, domino, and Corvus If I got them as 6*s. But not omega red. Since you won’t have high sig for a long time I would only rank 2 someone who doesn’t need it. And imo omega needs his sig more than anything.
  • Wait for another different champ, don't waste your resources on the same one
    Keep in mind what Kabam has confirmed about the Power Gain Rate (when attacked and attacking) of champs increases with their RANK (not based on their STAR version).

Each higher rank a champ is results in an extra 5% increase in Power Rate (even across STAR's).

So a 5* r5 will have 15% better Power Gain Rate than what a 6* r2 will have (even though they are comparable in other rating stats).

May or may not matter for every player, or every Champ (and don’t know if you would care about that for Omega Red). Just food for thought, especially for any other champs that ppl would be relying on continual SP chains like Stun-chain, etc.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★

Keep in mind what Kabam has confirmed about the Power Gain Rate (when attacked and attacking) of champs increases with their RANK (not based on their STAR version).

Each higher rank a champ is results in an extra 5% increase in Power Rate (even across STAR's).

So a 5* r5 will have 15% better Power Gain Rate than what a 6* r2 will have (even though they are comparable in other rating stats).

May or may not matter for every player, or every Champ (and don’t know if you would care about that for Omega Red). Just food for thought, especially for any other champs that ppl would be relying on continual SP chains like Stun-chain, etc.

Thanks for your comment, I did not know that all.

When did Kabam confirm that? I haven't seen that topic within the forums.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I did my undupped CapIW over the dupped (and high sig) 5* counterpart. This was when 6* gates were all the rage and the obvious direction the game was going.

Then they cancelled that.

Then it came out that champs gain more power at higher ranks, meaning a R5 5* gains considerably more power over a R2 6*.

With all that coming to light I would have absolutely done the 5* over the 6*