**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6*s, maxed 5*'s (that don't exist) and Tier 5 Cats

Can someone give me a remotely positive explanation for the implementation of 6*'s when 5*s are just now starting to gain a bit of momentum in the game, and tier 5 catalysts don't even exist yet. why would you introduce 6* when a maxed out 5* champs has yet to exist in gameplay?....it's really astounding the level at which you guys stoop to.

An earlier post by another player suggested BASES to further content development. Hmmm now there is a concept. Whatever happened to the "spring 2017 implementation" of bases?? Yeah we haven't forgotten what you promised back in January!

It's really frustrating as a player who is just now starting to get a rhythm of 5*s and is still only getting maybe 1 crystal a month without spending. And I will repeat maxed 5*s DO NOT EXIST YET....I'm lost here lol.

Comments

• Options
    AwesomeKyloRenAwesomeKyloRen Posts: 76
    Exactly my thoughts. I believe their getting ahead of themselves and biting more than they can chew. I'm not really hyped about six stars as much as others. Also, lets make an impossible rank up less difficult by making you fork out two imaginary catalysts instead of four. I may be being a bit mean here, but this is just my opinion.
  • Options
    Hokie16Hokie16 Posts: 5
    This update just scream 12.0 update to me all over again. We all know how smoothly that went over, but instead of nerfing individual champs they are now effectively making 4*'s meaningless lol. Not sure which is worse.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    12.0 killed a handful of 4* champs.

6* kills them all.
  • Options
    NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    With 12.0 they introduced dimishing returns. I would expect 5.3/5.4 to contain 6* champs to make content more difficult. 5*s would suffer from dimishing returns and 4*s would suffer even more.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Wait until they make T5CC a thing. Lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Hokie16 wrote: »
    Can someone give me a remotely positive explanation for the implementation of 6*'s when 5*s are just now starting to gain a bit of momentum in the game, and tier 5 catalysts don't even exist yet. why would you introduce 6* when a maxed out 5* champs has yet to exist in gameplay?....it's really astounding the level at which you guys stoop to.

An earlier post by another player suggested BASES to further content development. Hmmm now there is a concept. Whatever happened to the "spring 2017 implementation" of bases?? Yeah we haven't forgotten what you promised back in January!

It's really frustrating as a player who is just now starting to get a rhythm of 5*s and is still only getting maybe 1 crystal a month without spending. And I will repeat maxed 5*s DO NOT EXIST YET....I'm lost here lol.

6* champs do not exist yet. The announcement doesn't just announce 6* champs. The announcement explicitly states that the tier 5 cats are going to be released later this year to allow people to start ranking up 5* champs to 5/65. It states that playable 6* champions are not going to be released until next year, after the ability to rank up 5* champs to 5/65 has been available for a while.

They could have just announced the T5B availability and held off on the 6* announcement. Would you have preferred they keep that a secret?

Also, you are currently getting one 5* crystal a month? The announcement said that 5* shards will become available in higher quantities, and the August calendar (which is giving you half a 5* champ for free) is part of a permanent pattern of players getting 5* champs easier. This helps players like you that are currently having difficulty getting 5* champions more than the players that get them much easier. Consider: suppose you are getting one a month and another player is getting one a week. Now the devs start handing out half a champ a month for free. You both get that, but originally the other player was getting 5* champs four times faster than you. Now, you're getting 1.5 a month and he is getting 4.5 a month: he's now getting 5* champs only three times faster. The relative gap has narrowed a little.

The net effect of these changes is that while the very top players will probably get things much faster than everyone else, which is always true, the majority of players including players like yourself will be getting things like 5* champions not only faster, but your relative speed of progress will be closer to the higher players than before. And all of this means your ability to run harder content like Act 5, Road to Labyrinth, and LoL will get better much faster than before. Eventually, and this will take a lot of time, but eventually you will be able to do that content easier than the current players can do it now because they had to do it with 5* champs. One day you will have a 6* champ to run the same content. It might take a year, but what's the rush. Better than spending twenty thousand units, right?