Summoners. We are aware of issues with Alliance Wars Enlistment/Matchmaking. We are exploring the cause of this issue and possible solutions.

Champion Spotlight - Doctor Octopus

Hey Everybody!

Sorry for the late post, but we've had A LOT going on today! As you may have guessed, Doctor Octopus is coming to the Contest! Check out everything you need to know about him in his Spotlight here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-doctor-octopus/

Comments

• Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    Miike, so if you have him awakened and you have the synergy with Antman, does he start the match with 100 in chemistry research?
  • edited August 2017
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Miike, so if you have him awakened and you have the synergy with Antman, does he start the match with 100 in chemistry research?

Yes he does!
  • There was a problem in his awakening ability. Something about not working at all.
    Is it fixed?

I also noticed that his base HP and attack are lower than the normal, and the spotlight says that his block proficiency is low too.
    What about the other stats like Crit rate, Crit damage and armor? Are they low too?
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    I don't think his heavy attack is that cool
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    but other than that I think he's pretty good
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 221
    Another weakling for my Ronan to destroy. Many thanks Kabam!
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike his bio in game doesn't make sense, it seems to be missing a key sentence or 2
  • His sp2 is hard to see, plus he recovers from heavy way too fast, he needs adjustments
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    His sp2 is hard to see, plus he recovers from heavy way too fast, he needs adjustments

Yeah, I agree about the sp2. Can't see the rocks he throws at all in his event Quest fight.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 322 ★★★
    Two things:
    1 - Please fix his signature ability so we can see if he's actually a decent character.
    2 - Brighten up his Special 2. The rocks are essentially black shadows that are impossible to see or dodge.
  • The champion spots light mentioned he has synergy with classic Spider-Man. I did not see my 5* having that synergy pops up.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 128
    How’s Doc Oct Regen or life steal??
  • DocOct doesn't regen or life steal. His feature is to heal block and power lock.
  • Sorry, he does steal health only when awaken. Mine is not so I couldn't tell.
  • Anyone else having the problem that he can't be intercepted as an opponent? E.g. Event quest Master Mode.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    Raganator wrote: »
    Why would you make it such that a champ's abilities are actually worse when awakened? Specifically the Physics Breakthrough. Unawakened it is a straight power lock (awesome)! Awakened, the opponent still gains power but immediately looses it and Doc gains a portion of that back. But - if Doc triggers the breakthrough on the opponent (for instance) if they are just below one bar of power, then the next hit will cause them to reach their l1. This give them a window to either launch their l1, or worse, trigger infinite limbos if you are facing Magik. IMO, awakened should be a power lock but Doc also gains 10% back of what would have been gained.

I just watched a video showcasing this. This is crazy. Why is this possible if they are power locked? @Kabam Miike I hope you guys find a fix for this, otherwise it completely invalidates this champ.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,526 ★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »
    Why would you make it such that a champ's abilities are actually worse when awakened? Specifically the Physics Breakthrough. Unawakened it is a straight power lock (awesome)! Awakened, the opponent still gains power but immediately looses it and Doc gains a portion of that back. But - if Doc triggers the breakthrough on the opponent (for instance) if they are just below one bar of power, then the next hit will cause them to reach their l1. This give them a window to either launch their l1, or worse, trigger infinite limbos if you are facing Magik. IMO, awakened should be a power lock but Doc also gains 10% back of what would have been gained.

I just watched a video showcasing this. This is crazy. Why is this possible if they are power locked? @Kabam Miike I hope you guys find a fix for this, otherwise it completely invalidates this champ.

It's really strange. It's like the unawakend and awakened Physics breakthroughs should be reversed.

• SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 97
    A couple of Doc Oc notes:

1. Reported in Bugs and to Support - his spotlight says he has a nemesis synergy with Classic Spidey - the champ does not, showing only a synergy with Stark Spidey. I have a 5* Doc Oc, as a point of reference. This is an important fix to me (and I'm sure others who read his spotlight) since few people have Stark Spidey...
    2. In the upcoming v15 announcement: "Corrected Doctor Octopus’ Synergies to specify that they are Unique and do not stack with each other". Please explain this. Does it mean that he can only have one of the unique synergies at a time (Electro OR Vulture), or does it mean that you can't put two Doc Oc's and 1 Electro in a group and keep his categories at 100?

Thank you.