**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When Realm of champions drops!

RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Will players be able to import their rosters from mcoc? Or do you think the grind starts from scratch? It would be very sad for many of us if we couldn't.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s a separate game without massive character overlaps, so you’ll have to start from scratch
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    And an overlap to mcoc or a stand alone? If i had dropped a bunch of scratch on this game and had to leave my champs behind to play that one i would be pissed!
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Realm of Champions is going to be an entirely different kind of game, not a sequel
    It is discribed as a sequel?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It's a different game. Nothing you do on one game will matter for the other.
    Just imagine it something like Pokemon and Digimon.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

It is discribed as a sequel?

it is not a sequal, it is not even the same type of game.
    edited October 2019
    For those who missed it:
    Kabam and Netmarble are teaming up once again with Marvel to bring a new real-time RPG to Android. This title is known as Marvel Realm of Champions, and it will serve duty as the FOLLOWUP to Marvel Contest of Champions. It's expected to land sometime in 2020. Apparently, Realm of Champions will offer a reimagining of the Marvel Universe that's set on Battleworld, a forbidden planet hidden behind the Space-Time Barrier recently disrupted by the death of Maestro, the God-King. This results in a universe-wide battle themed around the Secret Wars event from 1984.s expected, the above announcement trailer for Marvel Realm of Champions does not show off any gameplay, so we still don't know exactly how the game will play. The description for the game states that this title will exist as a real-time RPG where you'll battle foes in PvE and PvP matches across a variety of Marvel-themed maps. You'll start out by choosing your champion to outfit them with gear, and then you'll have to strategically use your character's abilities in each battle for maximum devastation. It would appear that there will be at least four separate Houses in the game, and once your faction is chosen, you'll have to work with other players to lead this House to victory.
    So far, details surrounding Realm of Champions are still light, so we don't know how the title will be monetized, but since this is a Kabam and Netmarble product tied to a popular property, I'm pretty sure we can expect a free-to-play game filled with in-app purchases. Currently, there aren't even any screenshots available, but since this is a game slated for release in 2020, I suppose that's not unusual, though I have to question the point of this recent announcement when there's nothing to show other than a cinematic trailer.
    All in all, it looks like Kaban and Netmarble are continuing their path to monetize the Marvel Universe by soon offering a real-time mobile RPG that sounds just like every other F2P RPG already available on the Play Store. I suppose the faction mechanic is kind of interesting, but since games like this often lean towards pay-to-win mechanics, I know I'll personally skip playing the title. Of course, I'm sure Marvel Realm of Champions will be a huge success despite any downsides, so if you'd like to receive updates about the game's development, you can register for these alerts on the official Marvel Realm of Champions
    (I believe Sequel and followup are synonyms still aren't they?)
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Follow up and sequel are similar but different. Realm of champions as I understand is designed to be a continuation of the Contest storyline. The storyline intertwines between the two games, but as far as the actual gameplay goes, it’s an entirely different game. That’s why they call it a follow up of Contest.

A sequel would essentially be the same game in essence but different storylines. Think of Zelda, Diablo, Or Assassin’s Creed. There are multiple games with varied storylines, but the essence of the game and it’s gameplay is mostly retained in every game.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

For those who missed it:
    Kabam and Netmarble are teaming up once again with Marvel to bring a new real-time RPG to Android. This title is known as Marvel Realm of Champions, and it will serve duty as the FOLLOWUP to Marvel Contest of Champions. It's expected to land sometime in 2020. Apparently, Realm of Champions will offer a reimagining of the Marvel Universe that's set on Battleworld, a forbidden planet hidden behind the Space-Time Barrier recently disrupted by the death of Maestro, the God-King. This results in a universe-wide battle themed around the Secret Wars event from 1984.s expected, the above announcement trailer for Marvel Realm of Champions does not show off any gameplay, so we still don't know exactly how the game will play. The description for the game states that this title will exist as a real-time RPG where you'll battle foes in PvE and PvP matches across a variety of Marvel-themed maps. You'll start out by choosing your champion to outfit them with gear, and then you'll have to strategically use your character's abilities in each battle for maximum devastation. It would appear that there will be at least four separate Houses in the game, and once your faction is chosen, you'll have to work with other players to lead this House to victory.
    So far, details surrounding Realm of Champions are still light, so we don't know how the title will be monetized, but since this is a Kabam and Netmarble product tied to a popular property, I'm pretty sure we can expect a free-to-play game filled with in-app purchases. Currently, there aren't even any screenshots available, but since this is a game slated for release in 2020, I suppose that's not unusual, though I have to question the point of this recent announcement when there's nothing to show other than a cinematic trailer.
    All in all, it looks like Kaban and Netmarble are continuing their path to monetize the Marvel Universe by soon offering a real-time mobile RPG that sounds just like every other F2P RPG already available on the Play Store. I suppose the faction mechanic is kind of interesting, but since games like this often lean towards pay-to-win mechanics, I know I'll personally skip playing the title. Of course, I'm sure Marvel Realm of Champions will be a huge success despite any downsides, so if you'd like to receive updates about the game's development, you can register for these alerts on the official Marvel Realm of Champions
    (I believe Sequel and followup are synonyms still aren't they?)

Synonyms do not mean exactly the same. Something can be a synonym and have vastly different meanings based on the context. In games a sequal means it is of the same genre where they either continue the story, or go with another story in the same world, but still the same genre.
  • I'm closing this down, because there is a different thread on the topic linked above. Feel free to continue the conversation in there!

Realm of Champions and Contest of Champions will exist in the same universe and run parallel to each other. It is not a sequel, and has a completely different style of gameplay.
This discussion has been closed.